LegacyGT.com

Help reading

Hepy117

Okay, so let me make sure I'm clear on where you stand right now. I get mixed up between your thread and a million other ones asking about their tunes lol.

You went back to a stock tune, and disabled the CEL. You haven't touched anything on that stock tune, correct? And you've tried swapping in a known good TMIC, and it was still underboosting, correct?

hmm....

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, then what seabass said. If you're unable to achieve stock boost pressure using the stock map using stock hardware on your car, something is wrong.

Do you have another boost gauge that can confirm the pressure readings too? I'm sure they're right, but it'd be nice to have a secondary to confirm.

• Mega Users

So I'm more confused by your recent learningview. All of the sudden your 40+ fuel trim is at +4? That means the ecu is adding fuel because it is getting more air than expected...yet you can't hit your targets even at max wgdc on stock everything?

Once again, digging for ideas, but are you still on the stock air filter?

fwiw- the stock airbox has a 10mm mount bolt on the top left hand corner of the box, i had that bolt removed and my trims were +6 and then -1.2 in the c and d ranges. I plugged it with tape and now they're improved to 2% or so. i also had a small vac leak in injector 3 that i fixed....WOT afr's are ~11.3

1678826786_LearningView_SS_A2TB000N_2012-03-22184812.jpg.686fa046b5fb08ad997581be9272d675.jpg

Ill have to check that when i get back home. By top left of the box do you mean looking at it from the top down ( so the bolt will actually be towards the rear passenger side) or if you were looking at it straight on in the front?

• 2 weeks later...
Well I replaced my TB coupler this afternoon with a stock one. I found one thing that was wrong with my old one, the end of it was cut off (didn't notice until I saw the one I replaced it with). Still can only get 10.8psi. But it definitely feels better than with the old TB. God I am getting annoyed with this. Here is a log/LV.

romraiderlog_20120403_193645.csv

1055511192_LearningView_SS_A2UG000L_2012-04-03194200.jpg.6e57e39e7b328762251a286be8746347.jpg

Uhm you're missing engine speed and throttle position. Sort of important. Take off final fueling base. I don't know why you're logging that. Take off target boost. You don't need that because you already have boost error.

I know it was just a quick log on my way home from work. I think I may have the problem figured out. After thinking about it, any kind of vac leak would result in a higher or lower fuel trim. After speaking with a member of another forum, he led me to look into a pre-turbo exhaust leak (manifolds, cross pipe, up pipe). Now I just need to find someone in the area with jacks/jack stands/car lift so I can get underneath and check it out.

• Mega Users
If you have an exhaust leak big enough to cause this, you will HEAR it. I have a pre-turbo exhaust leak and it it quite loud. But I'm still hitting my targets with TD raising WGDC a bit.

I don't have a loud whistle. I am not sure if I have one or not because it has sounded like this from the day I bought it. It is more noticeable now however because when I bought it it had a CAI. I since then have gone back to stock intake.

This is my last straw. I don't know what else would be the problem. If this isn't it I am going to say screw it and leave it the way it is.

Archived