LegacyGT.com

Not Even The Legacy Is Safe..

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think it looks bad. I just don't think it should look like the Tribeca or like the WRX. Have each line of cars stand out and not look all the same. Sure same frame, same engine, same AWD system, and other components, but not the front end. -

Does anyone realizes that this is a throwback design? 90s imprezas had the 3 grills as did some much older subarus (1400 for example)

I still don't like it, esp. on the Legacy

I don't think it looks bad. I just don't think it should look like the Tribeca or like the WRX. Have each line of cars stand out and not look all the same. Sure same frame, same engine, same AWD system, and other components, but not the front end. -

i think BMW did a good job on the coporate front end for all their cars but very distinctive for different series (i happen to like the new BMW look).

What's up with Audi?.....every series looks sooo similar.....the $10k A8 looks like an A3?..........na........nice cars....but just no personality....:redface:

Call me crazy, but I kinda like it. And I LOVE that shade of blue. If that color was available, I'd have a blue wagon, not silver.

Oh yeah, to those who think it is a doctored picture, I don't think so. I saw an official picture of the '06 STI and it had that nose.

That is exactly why it is a photochop. Someone photochopped the 06 WRX grille out to the headlight edges onto a color-shifted Legacy. It isn't similar, it's exact. That is why it is fake.

I think Subaru would be making a sore mistake with this one. They have pulled it off on the WRX to some extent. It remains to be seen if the import tuners take to it or not, or whether they care. The B9 tribeca appeals to the same type of people as the nissan murano, which I also wouldn't buy.

If they expect a grown up, diginified sport sedan/wagon to wear that schnozz, I won't be one of the owners. It will be an 05-06 for me.

If they slap that schnozz on the car before putting a twin turbo flat-6 in it, and they call that a Legacy STi, I'll be a fair bit upset. Until I buy one for such a discount that I can put the current 05 JDM K2-gear bumpers and whatever other bodywork on it before taking it out in public. The discount should be possible, because no one is going to buy a ~35k ultra-sport sedan with 400hp if it looks like that.

BTW, the shape of the center grille makes all the difference. The Alfas, especially the new Brera coupe, and sister 159 sedan, taper to a downward point, and is slim and sleek. the Subarus are ovoid and taper upward. whoever thinks that the subaru center grille flows well has a drastically different sense of aesthetics than I do.

This doesn't look nearly as bad as the first picture in the thread. (Alfa 159 production sedan from road and track)

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/image/4202005124926.jpg

This is not the same. Not by a long shot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=7869

incidentally, the 159, and it's hatch/coupe sister Brera, as well as a re-vamped Spyder on the same platform are at the spearhead of Alfa's return to the US market, and these may be available as 2008 models. They are RWD, and can be fitted with AWD, which may come as an option on the 159. It is slated to become an italian alternative to the BMW 3 series.

Call me crazy, but I kinda like it. And I LOVE that shade of blue. If that color was available, I'd have a blue wagon, not silver.

Oh yeah, to those who think it is a doctored picture, I don't think so. I saw an official picture of the '06 STI and it had that nose.

Pic of the 2006 STi here: http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102589

From Autoweek.com:

Subaru told us to expect the aero-inspired nose of the all-new B9 Tribeca sport/utility vehicle (AW, June 6) to begin appearing on other Subies starting with the arrival in August of the 2006 Impreza. Here is the first photo we’ve seen of the new look as it will appear on the next WRX STi.

That STi actually looks pretty slick IMO. I also love that shade of blue. I was so disappointed when they didn't offer it. Oh well, silver shows less dirt and doesn't get shat on by every bird in the universe. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but for some reason blue cars are favorite targets from birds, at least that's what my brother's WRB WRX suggests.)

Also, another reason I chose the 05 Legacy instead of sticking with the 01 Outback until 2008 was (1) because I didn't have to pay a cent for the 05 whereas I may have had for the 08 and (2) because I love the styling and didn't want to chance Subaru messing it up.

Oh well, silver shows less dirt and doesn't get shat on by every bird in the universe. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but for some reason blue cars are favorite targets from birds, at least that's what my brother's WRB WRX suggests.)

you are wrong. after three black cars in row, i can assure you that birds prefer black.......which is why i got a silver LGT. :D

i still can't get used to the fact that i can wash this car and it still looks good weeks later, as opposed to a few days. :eek::)

Pic of the 2006 STi here: http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102589

From Autoweek.com:

Subaru told us to expect the aero-inspired nose of the all-new B9 Tribeca sport/utility vehicle (AW, June 6) to begin appearing on other Subies starting with the arrival in August of the 2006 Impreza. Here is the first photo we’ve seen of the new look as it will appear on the next WRX STi.

Thank you, RockHart. I knew I saw it somewhere and I do get Autoweek so I'm sure that's where I saw it. I still like it ;) .

Archived