LegacyGT.com

F*** DDM Tuning

Catbeater

I am never again using DDM tuning, they have lost my business forever.

I have been trying to order HID headlights from their website for the past week. Each time I do, it bounces me out saying "Filter Error". I emailed their customer support, which replies and says simply "The error is that the billing address of your credit card does not match the shipping address".

I get my bank on the phone and make sure everything is correct with them, which seeing as how they mail things to me and call me all the time, it is.

I then call DDM tuning today. The a** on the phone asks me if they can call me back because they have a high volume, and in the middle of my saying yes, I have a pre-purchase question, he cuts me off and knocks me over to sales.

This lady at Sales then over and over and over again tries to explain to me like I'm an idiot that the problem is either that I am inputting my address to their website wrong (which I have double checked 100 times in the past 5 days) or my bank billing address is wrong (which it obviously is not).

Long story short, where else can I go to get HID headlights for my car?

Even their PnP "kits" are miles ahead of anything out there. Love their ballasts, they include a HEAVY duty harness with each kit, their bulbs are meh but certainly no worse than DDM. Worth the extra $$.
"This is an adventure."

I am never again using DDM tuning, they have lost my business forever.

I have been trying to order HID headlights from their website for the past week. Each time I do, it bounces me out saying "Filter Error". I emailed their customer support, which replies and says simply "The error is that the billing address of your credit card does not match the shipping address".

I get my bank on the phone and make sure everything is correct with them, which seeing as how they mail things to me and call me all the time, it is.

I then call DDM tuning today. The a** on the phone asks me if they can call me back because they have a high volume, and in the middle of my saying yes, I have a pre-purchase question, he cuts me off and knocks me over to sales.

This lady at Sales then over and over and over again tries to explain to me like I'm an idiot that the problem is either that I am inputting my address to their website wrong (which I have double checked 100 times in the past 5 days) or my bank billing address is wrong (which it obviously is not).

Long story short, where else can I go to get HID headlights for my car?

I have DDM's and that is all I have ever run. I'm not a huge fan of their stuff as I know there is much better out there on the market. The only reason I still use DDM is because my buddy gets them for dirt cheap for me. So I have never had to deal with their employees. Based on your encounter I am pretty thankful for that.

So as far as another source I have heard nothing but good things about TRS as previously mentioned. There are also a few other vendors on the forums that sell lighting products.

Paul J. McCain - Diode Dynamics

xenon expert

I have heard very little about the last two as far as the quality of their HID kits though.

This is a sign from the HID gods that you should do a full retro instead of just a HID kit. Go to theretrofitsource.com for top-notch quality parts and service.

I would love to do a full retrofit, I just don't trust myself to do it in case I f*** up the housings and then get stuck with no headlights at all.

I bought a kit from them and after waiting a week and a half to get it from China, I installed it just to find out on side didn't work. The warranty info said I have 10 days to return it after purchase. Whole lotta good that does when it takes 10 days just for it to show up. If I decide to do anything else, I'm either going to LightWerks or this guy:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/illuminous-designs-premium-headlight-upgrades-176497.html

I bought my DDM slim kit years ago from "xenon expert" here off the forum and I've had no complaints. Shipped quickly and 3+ years later, they still work.

let me know if he responds to any questions AFTER you buy it... i replied in the thread, sent a PM and still have yet to hear from him.

This is a sign from the HID gods that you should do a full retro instead of just a HID kit. Go to theretrofitsource.com for top-notch quality parts and service.

This. I'd thank you, but the button appears to be missing for some strange reason. Has anyone else noticed this?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

DDM is getting out of the HID market. I don't know why anyone would buy from them right now.

True. Plus since they have started shipping directly from China a few months ago, they are using no name ballasts...they get what they can get their hands on. In fact we will probably stop carrying their HID stuff very soon. Our warranty requests on them has gone through the roof and as a company and for the sake of our customers and our own name it is not acceptable.

That's why we have our Ultrafire kit in the same bracket price where we control the quality. We also have the Volt and Xtreme kits which are above all the DDM kits mentioned in this thread.

Oliver

let me know if he responds to any questions AFTER you buy it... i replied in the thread, sent a PM and still have yet to hear from him.

That's weird, my PM box says that I replied to everyone but I certainly won't say I never make a mistake so please contact me personally and I'll take care of you: Xen[/mention]onexpert.com"]ogibeault@Xenonexpert.com

Archived