LegacyGT.com

Official Colorado Meet Thread.

eekay

How'd she do?

Well, not as good as I hoped but there was way too many people there to get in a lot of runs. My best time of ever with my old stage 2 setup was 14.23 and averaging 14.6 and my the new setup seemed to average 14.2 all 3 runs.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, not as good as I hoped but there was way too many people there to get in a lot of runs. My best time of ever with my old stage 2 setup was 14.23 and averaging 14.6 and my the new setup seemed to average 14.2 all 3 runs.

That sucks.. I hate when that place is crazy busy. Also very frustrating when you don't make much improvement. (Like me last year). So you definitely got quicker but just didn't get that one great run. Trap speeds up?

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Join the South Denver Subaru Club on Facebook. Really cool group of guys on there

I've been in the group for a while but haven't been able to make a meet yet. Hopefully after I graduate I'll have time to go and meet some of the guys with LGT's!

That sucks.. I hate when that place is crazy busy. Also very frustrating when you don't make much improvement. (Like me last year). So you definitely got quicker but just didn't get that one great run. Trap speeds up?

Yeah I was running better than an STI that was there though which made me happy :) trap speeds?

I started my launches at 5400 ran 14.4 then tried 5600 ran 14.2 so I had a theory that if I did 5800 it would be 14.0 and so on... But the last run I did took waaaaay too long to get through the line and my wife went with me on the last run and we ran a 14.6 then we went to lunch after because...hunger...

Hopefully I can test my theory again soon. Maybe I'll get that 13 second range with a good launch... My hopes anyways. Only running 17.5 lbs of boost right now though with the new 16g.

That front mount sure helps keep it cool in between runs though. That top mount soaked heat like none other...

Yeah I was running better than an STI that was there though which made me happy :) trap speeds?

I started my launches at 5400 ran 14.4 then tried 5600 ran 14.2 so I had a theory that if I did 5800 it would be 14.0 and so on... But the last run I did took waaaaay too long to get through the line and my wife went with me on the last run and we ran a 14.6 then we went to lunch after because...hunger...

Hopefully I can test my theory again soon. Maybe I'll get that 13 second range with a good launch... My hopes anyways. Only running 17.5 lbs of boost right now though with the new 16g.

That front mount sure helps keep it cool in between runs though. That top mount soaked heat like none other...

Trap speed. What speed with those et's?

Yeah lol trap speed Duuuuh I knew that. Sorry it's been a long day (week really) got a new puppy who has been ill. And the wife got a small op. and she's doing good now so i finally have a minute to breathe...ok trap speeds. I believe I was averaging 94mph before and now I was about 96,97 ish. I'll check my receipts again if I can find them.

Yeah lol trap speed Duuuuh I knew that. Sorry it's been a long day (week really) got a new puppy who has been ill. And the wife got a small op. and she's doing good now so i finally have a minute to breathe...ok trap speeds. I believe I was averaging 94mph before and now I was about 96,97 ish. I'll check my receipts again if I can find them.

I'm curious about the traps as well, let us know when you get to the slips.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Dave

Dave, I talked to you a while ago about a stage 2 tune for my legacy. Well I'm gonna order a downpipe soon and am definitely going to need a tune, you mind pm'm me so we can set something up?

Thanks!

Dave

Alright, I found my old receipt for my run when I was stage 2 Cobb ots map. My trap speed for my 14.23 1/4 mile run was 95.4 mph.

I remember two of my highest trap speeds for my new runs were 96.2 and 97.0 mph for 14.44 and 14.28 times...wife threw out the receipts for that day :spin: luckily I remembered my first two runs..

So a 2-3 mph pickup over the ots stage 2.. and a .4 second pickup over your old average isn't bad. ..

Used to drag race a car we built in school when I was younger. It would run anywhere from a 12 flat to a 12.5 traps would always be consistent at 122mph.

I think you will find that there is more that goes into consistent elapsed times, weather conditions, track prep, car prep. Have you done anything to shed weight?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Alright, I found my old receipt for my run when I was stage 2 Cobb ots map. My trap speed for my 14.23 1/4 mile run was 95.4 mph.

I remember two of my highest trap speeds for my new runs were 96.2 and 97.0 mph for 14.44 and 14.28 times...wife threw out the receipts for that day :spin: luckily I remembered my first two runs..

Is your LGT non-limited? Did you weigh it, by chance?

All very respectable runs for sure. The best I was able to manage with a stage 2 protune with the VF40 and Perrin top mount was a 14.1 @ 98 mph. The one and only time I ran with the VF-52 was abysmal until I blew the clutch up (literally). Pretty sure I was down on compression as well. Later, I blew up the VF-52 (literally) on the highway at peak boost while playing with an STI. Sometime later, I spun a bearing and put in a built block with an HTA68. I haven't been back to Bandimere since. 😊

Sent from my Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

I'm thinking the fmic,16g setup on stock injectors is your limiting factor at the track.

By the time you run through first your at the top end of your rpm band for the rest of the run *4400rpms and up*. At that point the turbo is forced to refill the fmic and by about 4800rpms we are having to taper boost because the stock injectors.

I ran into a similar issue on my DD w/e85 and a fmic on the vf40. It was an amazing street car but when ran through the gears at the track it left a lot to be desired in the 4400rpm and up power area which just killed 1/4 mile runs.

I think there may be another mph or two in it where its at though now, email me and we can take a look.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

I'm thinking the fmic,16g setup on stock injectors is your limiting factor at the track.

By the time you run through first your at the top end of your rpm band for the rest of the run *4400rpms and up*. At that point the turbo is forced to refill the fmic and by about 4800rpms we are having to taper boost because the stock injectors.

I ran into a similar issue on my DD w/e85 and a fmic on the vf40. It was an amazing street car but when ran through the gears at the track it left a lot to be desired in the 4400rpm and up power area which just killed 1/4 mile runs.

I think there may be another mph or two in it where its at though now, email me and we can take a look.

Dave

Yeah those stock injectors aren't helping me much haha. Which I figured the front mount was causing my times to suffer because of the increase in lag, though after 1st gear it seems to spool just fine, in fact I'm getting into 4th a lot sooner than I did before. With the VF40 I shifted to 4th just before I got to the end of the 1/4mile. With the 16g I get into 4th a couple seconds before it ends.

I did notice that the boost doesn't kick in fully til about 4100-4400 rpm depending on which gear I'm in.

My launches are pretty solid too, I didn't have a bad one at all that day.

Then again, for now this is my daily driver and will be getting a bigger turbo and all supporting mods once I get something else for a DD. so this isn't a crisis to get this setup with the 16g to be a killer track car. Though seeing 13seconds range on my time slips would be nice :lol:

Alright Dave I will send you a PM.

All very respectable runs for sure. The best I was able to manage with a stage 2 protune with the VF40 and Perrin top mount was a 14.1 @ 98 mph. The one and only time I ran with the VF-52 was abysmal until I blew the clutch up (literally). Pretty sure I was down on compression as well. Later, I blew up the VF-52 (literally) on the highway at peak boost while playing with an STI. Sometime later, I spun a bearing and put in a built block with an HTA68. I haven't been back to Bandimere since. 😊

Dang, how much boost were you pushing with that vf52?

I'm afraid my clutch will give out if I continue to push this setup how it is now. That's why I'm keeping it close to a stage2 DD until I can make it my track car and have a different DD. once it's my track car I want to get the Blouch 440xt turbo and proper supporting mods to try to make 360whp.thats my goal.

yeah we may have to retouch a couple of things given some of the weird issues we ran into during your tune. I'll keep an eye out for the pm. sounds like you may have ran into I small leak again, we will figure it out.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah there might be a small vac leak somewhere but nothing I could spot right away. The car seems to run just great through still, it can get a little shaky at idle but not to the extent it was before when we first tuned it without the bumper...lol wind...

Dang, how much boost were you pushing with that vf52?

I'm afraid my clutch will give out if I continue to push this setup how it is now. That's why I'm keeping it close to a stage2 DD until I can make it my track car and have a different DD. once it's my track car I want to get the Blouch 440xt turbo and proper supporting mods to try to make 360whp.thats my goal.

I think it was peaking at around 19 PSI on 91 pump. It was a fairly new clutch too. It literally stripped one side of the clutch right off of the plate. It lasted through the launch. But I blew it when I shifted into 2nd gear. When I went for 3rd, it wasn't happening. When I popped the bell housing loose from the back of the block, I ended up with a face full of clutch disc material. It was actually much more dramatic when I blew the turbo. There was no question about it. Smoke pouring out of the tail pipes right after a sudden loss of boost. There was all kinds of wobble in the shaft so it wasn't surprising. There were literally no hot side blades left. I have a proverbial graveyard of boxer parts in the garage.

Yeah my clutch was brand new when I got the car from the original owner at 73k miles. I've put on about 21k since I've owned it. The clutch is still holding up fine, then again I don't really beat on it too much, only at the track really. And I'm only running 17.5 lbs boost. Like Dave said, it's a great street car, and definitely a great highway car. At the track, this setup is not the best.

I have most of the mods already that are needed for my ultimate setup later on, I have to get injectors, turbo, and clutch...I think that should about do it.

I already have the intercooler, exhaust, intake, fuel pump, ebcs, and a tuner :)

Yeah my clutch was brand new when I got the car from the original owner at 73k miles. I've put on about 21k since I've owned it. The clutch is still holding up fine, then again I don't really beat on it too much, only at the track really. And I'm only running 17.5 lbs boost. Like Dave said, it's a great street car, and definitely a great highway car. At the track, this setup is not the best.

I have most of the mods already that are needed for my ultimate setup later on, I have to get injectors, turbo, and clutch...I think that should about do it.

I already have the intercooler, exhaust, intake, fuel pump, ebcs, and a tuner :)

Nice. That clutch was actually fairly new when that happened. I try to use OEM parts unless I have to use something beefier. The first clutch lasted well through a fair amount of abuse so I expected the same from that one. Clearly, I was wrong. You are probably very near the end of the lifespan on your clutch. When they go (normally), it happens pretty quickly. If you notice any slippage that is out of the ordinary, get an order in for the parts sooner than later.

Nice. That clutch was actually fairly new when that happened. I try to use OEM parts unless I have to use something beefier. The first clutch lasted well through a fair amount of abuse so I expected the same from that one. Clearly, I was wrong. You are probably very near the end of the lifespan on your clutch. When they go (normally), it happens pretty quickly. If you notice any slippage that is out of the ordinary, get an order in for the parts sooner than later.

That's strange, I only have 21k on that clutch, you sure it would be going out? Even Dave said it feels strong still, and it hasn't really slipped at all...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I recently lost my job and haven't had any luck finding something new yet. If anyone knows anyone that's looking for good help on the south end of the metro area and wouldn't mind passing the info my way it would be much appreciated.

Also, the official FS post for my wheels;

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/co-18x7-5-bbs-rc-wheels-oem-vw-gli-337-225237.html?p=4819704#post4819704

Lgt07, it's not the south side, but we have openings where I work at Echo Lake Lodge in Idaho Springs. We also provide room and board (all your food included) for $12 each day you work. PM me if interested.

Archived