LegacyGT.com

What is the best synthetic oil for our engines (in your opinion)?

What is the best synthetic oil for our engines (in your opinion)?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best synthetic oil for our engines (in your opinion)?

• Castrol Edge Advanced
    • Castrol Edge with Syntech
    • Mobil Super
    • Mobil1
    • Mobil1 Extended Performance
    • Peak
    • Pennzoil
    • Quaker State
    • Royal Purple
    • Valvoline

I was surprised that neither Amsoil nor Redline are listed as options.

Motul and Eneos were also missing. This thread is for "the best" so regular Mobil 1 shouldn't even be on that list.

Mobil Super isn't even a full synthetic, Pennzoil is a conventional oil... this thread is just full of :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm begining to like this option more and more.

I'm using Amsoil 5w-40 European in my spec now.

I actually use this oil in my car i was joking around with what i said above. I picked up two jugs from Walmart for $21 each only issue is they are odd shaped/sized bottles each one is 3.876 quarts i believe so you need one jug and about one quart for each oil change.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

AMSOIL #1 oil for our beasts!

Update the list to include this what about Rotella?

Two of the best are left off the list?

I'd love to but I can't find how to edit the poll... I've tried editing the first post, but that doesn't seem to pull up the poll. If you can figure it out, please let me know.

As for why some options were left out, there's a limit of 10 choices max, unfortunately... I should replace a few with Amsoil and Redline though since that seems to be popular.

What makes it Euro? Does it smoke cigarettes and hate Americans?

Well....kind of....

No it meet the standards required for some European manufactures, which are higher then the US standards.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

changed my oil after work yesterday (Rotella T6 synthetic) had to struggle with the oil filter though the last time my car was serviced (coolant, tranny, rear diff and brake fluid) I had them do the oil also. Never again the filter was on so damn tight i had to use channel locks to remove it. Drain plug was also on there pretty good and they never replaced the lock washer they used the old one. :spin:

oh well all fixed now

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

AMSOIL, At almost 174k, I did compression check, 1) 145psi, 2)150psi, 3)145psi, 4)147psi. Check shaft play in my turbo, there is non. http://legacygt.com/forums/../images/smilies/eek.gifhttp://legacygt.com/forums/../images/smilies/cool.gif My OCI avg.15k with Amsoil 0w-30 SSO & Ea oil filters. Running Cobb stage1 93 map, max boost is still 16.2psi. Original motor & turbo are running like new. Now want stage 2+ & over 176k.

:cool::cool::cool:AMSOIL AMSOIL AMSOIL AMSOIL AMSOIL AMSOIL:cool::cool::cool:

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

I no im new at the subies but i vote for amsoil. my boss took two containers and filled one with amsoil and the other with some i think it was castoil and put em in the freezer to check wut they would b like in the cold and after a couple days in the freezer the amsoil was not hardly any thicker than wen he put em in and the other was really thick ive always used amsoil in all my other vehicles

I no im new at the subies but i vote for amsoil. my boss took two containers and filled one with amsoil and the other with some i think it was castoil and put em in the freezer to check wut they would b like in the cold and after a couple days in the freezer the amsoil was not hardly any thicker than wen he put em in and the other was really thick ive always used amsoil in all my other vehicles

Did you notice if the oils were the same type (i.e 5w30)?

Archived