LegacyGT.com

ProcessWest intercooler install (LGT fitment)

PWTMIC11 correct?

Yes correct.

I think the hose from the turbo to IC is not the proper size. I took some more pics with it off and tried readjusting the brackets on drivers side.

Yes they are oblong and I did try to position it with that in mind but it didnt help. I sent the pics to rallysport customer service and they are going to contact PW about it.

I can post those other pics when I get home in a few days to show the fitment with that hose, which I think may be the issue, because if I try to push the unit to the left any more. I cannot connect the hose onto the turbo flange, almost like it is to short :confused:

Hopefully get a response soon or possibly some new hardware ie hose

Thanks for the help guys. Sometime I wonder if the IC is the proper length... or to long itself. I will measure that also and check with PWs specs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got mine installed. Thank you so much SSpeed, as a novice to this stuff your write up was much appreciated! The PW instructions were definitely lacking and you helped fill in the gaps.

DerekDaniel - You're not the only one with issues.

My drivers side bracket looked exactly like DerekDaniel's (rubbing on reservoir) :confused:, but having read through these posts I knew it wasn't right. I actually ended up kicking the supplied bracket extender piece out and throwing it away :mad:. What I did was bust out the file and elongate the 2 holes in the stock bracket and using washers to create the height that the extender provided and make the unit level. I just couldn't see what the benefit was to pushing that brace out an extra ~2" or so. I've included some pics to help others (sorry for blurriness).

IMG_0190.thumb.JPG.ad8bf4ec2f3f457365d4e16219c0feb7.JPG

IMG_0191.thumb.JPG.9d21c67d5686973cddd576d76a8675fa.JPG

IMG_0194.thumb.JPG.67b9d51e692eb360b64b0182945f52da.JPG

Hey I sent my pictures to rally sport and they said that PW said it looked like the hose that connects the turbo to the IC was cut to short longer will allow it to move to the left and still connect... :) I am waiting on the hose we shall see. I would definately contact them. I even grinded down that damn bracket was not expecting that from them :( But after driving all day today 5 min after I parked it was rather cool except on turbo side and I have noticed way better throttle response

Just got mine installed. Thank you so much SSpeed, as a novice to this stuff your write up was much appreciated! The PW instructions were definitely lacking and you helped fill in the gaps.

DerekDaniel - You're not the only one with issues.

My drivers side bracket looked exactly like DerekDaniel's (rubbing on reservoir) :confused:, but having read through these posts I knew it wasn't right. I actually ended up kicking the supplied bracket extender piece out and throwing it away :mad:. What I did was bust out the file and elongate the 2 holes in the stock bracket and using washers to create the height that the extender provided and make the unit level. I just couldn't see what the benefit was to pushing that brace out an extra ~2" or so. I've included some pics to help others (sorry for blurriness).

nice job on alternative mod for the mod

Hey I sent my pictures to rally sport and they said that PW said it looked like the hose that connects the turbo to the IC was cut to short longer will allow it to move to the left and still connect... :) I am waiting on the hose we shall see. I would definately contact them. I even grinded down that damn bracket was not expecting that from them :( But after driving all day today 5 min after I parked it was rather cool except on turbo side and I have noticed way better throttle response

I also felt better throttle response (not, holy crap I'm hitting 88mph and going back to the future :cool:), but much less stutter at highway speeds going up a hill. I did not get any intake logs prior to install, but on my test drive post install was measuring 81D moving intake temps on a 75D day.

• 1 month later...
Bumping this great thread - will be utilizing it this weekend. :D

I agree sspeed did a GREAT job at this writeup, best tmic on the market.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Agreed - great write-up.

I just wish PW would get that fix out to owners so they don't have to worry about cutting the hood insulation to make room for BPV/BOV fitment.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Agreed - great write-up.

I just wish PW would get that fix out to owners so they don't have to worry about cutting the hood insulation to make room for BPV/BOV fitment.

I didn't have an issue with the Forge Stealth BPV on my car. I checked over and over with the splitter off (can see through the hood scoop when the hoods down with it off). I had to modify the insulation to fit the splitter anyhow (cut a section out near the cowl).

During installation, I was thinking about the possible fix though and it would also require a new splitter since it will need to come down further to mate up with the new position of the core. Updated mounts, splitter, and possibly changing the couplers is a major revamp. I'm probably leaving mine as is since I have no clearance issues and a bit more distance from the turbo is not a bad thing :D Unless of course it comes free for the retrofit - might be good if I ever had a reason to get a taller BPV.

I'm running the GFB Respons BOV, and while it's not overly tall, it will require me to make a cut-out in the hood liner insulation to make room for it and it may still rub on the hood. I can add additional compression seal to the splitter to compensate for the drop, but would expect PW to supply that as part of the engineering revamp.

Agreed - I knew most aftermarket BPVs were a little taller than the one I opted for and it's really close to the liner as it is. Makes sense on the rubber compression seal - and yes I'd expect that at minimum if they are reworking the fitment. Be interesting to see what the release (and when of course). Last I read on their forum they were still looking for a test car?

• 8 months later...

@SS - Reviving this with a question. Would you mind if I .pdf this and put it on Subimods?

Obviously full attribution to you as the author/creator, with the supporting contributions added by squiden, praedet, and New LGT added-in where appropriate.

Would prefer to host here, but am size constrained. Can send you the .pdf if you want review it first and or add any changes.

• 5 months later...

I hate to give any legitimacy to knockoff parts, but since PW doesn't make the LGT specific kit any more (or OBXT, in my case), I modified a knockoff FMS splitter kit to fit correctly.

SSpeed, I hope you don't mind if I used your install photos in my thread to show the comparison.

I'm curious to see how my Forge recirculating valve fits when it shows up.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/scoop-splitter-pw-knockoffi-219449.html?p=4700084#post4700084

Let us know what they say?

Someone = you

I don't need one. I have an AVO FMIC.

I would of had this intercooler if they would have been more quick coming out with it.

I'm just suggesting someone contact them and see what they say if you guys want one.

I've done my share of asking for stuff on this forum. Been here since 05

But hey if you want me to, I will.

If I get the plans though they will be free to the forum members.

You, I'll charge a small document fee ;) LOL

@SS - Reviving this with a question. Would you mind if I .pdf this and put it on Subimods?

Obviously full attribution to you as the author/creator, with the supporting contributions added by squiden, praedet, and New LGT added-in where appropriate.

Would prefer to host here, but am size constrained. Can send you the .pdf if you want review it first and or add any changes.

Definitely, feel free, sorry I missed this one.

I'm concerned about how BPV/BOV fitment against the hood. That's the part I wished that PW would have fixed - given that they said they would.

I very much want a PW regardless of fitment issues. I need to order an Intercooler of some sort this week to get the car back together but I can't decide between the PW knockoff of the FMS fmic. If only the GS was ready... If anyone has a PW they are willing to sell, PM me.

Archived