LegacyGT.com

ProcessWest intercooler install (LGT fitment)

Finally got my ProcessWest intrrcooler installed - a very nice piece, and very easy to install. My only snag was on the silly passenger side bracket... The blind mate was quite the trick. I'd almost recommend loosly mating the bracket to the intercooler first, then dropping the assembly in place - you have pretty good access to the bracket bolts imo.

Now I just need to get a tune :)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^ does this ride "lower" on the intercooler, relative to the hood liner than the GFB Respons does, and hence the change, or was there another reason for changing?
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Finally got my ProcessWest intrrcooler installed - a very nice piece, and very easy to install. My only snag was on the silly passenger side bracket... The blind mate was quite the trick. I'd almost recommend loosly mating the bracket to the intercooler first, then dropping the assembly in place - you have pretty good access to the bracket bolts imo.

Now I just need to get a tune :)

Thanks Squiden, that's what I did to, but failed to note that. When I did it today I used an extendable mirror to line it up...

^^ does this ride "lower" on the intercooler, relative to the hood liner than the GFB Respons does, and hence the change, or was there another reason for changing?

It appears to be very similar to the OEM BPV build-wise so we shall see. I switched because I wanted a BPV upgrade without the noise. Don't get me wrong the GFB Respons is a nice bit, but I think this will work out better for me.

For the people with interference of the stock BPV, make sure you have the bracket extender on the driver side flipped the right direction (inset nut pointed down) - I accidently had this upside-down the first time, and did have some rubbing.

In other news, the first time I went under full boost (19psi) today, i popped the pipe off the turbo outlet - not fun while merging onto the highway. Clearly the worm gear clamps are not the best option - will have to pick up some T-clamps.

For the people with interference of the stock BPV, make sure you have the bracket extender on the driver side flipped the right direction (inset nut pointed down) - I accidently had this upside-down the first time, and did have some rubbing.

In other news, the first time I went under full boost (19psi) today, i popped the pipe off the turbo outlet - not fun while merging onto the highway. Clearly the worm gear clamps are not the best option - will have to pick up some T-clamps.

Yeah I replaced all those crap worm clamps with T-bolt clamps. That's my only other gripe....for $982.14 it should've come with better clamps and the turbo side clamp is particularly bad.

Here are links to the catalog pages...

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/117/258/=foreli

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/117/259/=foreli

I recommend the Constant-Tension Worm-Drive Clamps for Soft Hose and Tube

But the Constant-Tension T-Bolt Hose Clamps are probably pretty good as well...

Thanks Praedet! I'm going to verify the sizes I need and will be placing an order!

I got my Forge BPV today and even though it's shorter than the OEM, it still makes contact with the duct :(. FYI I installed the yellow spring (15-23 psi) and from what I can tell everything is working fine. Definitely a quality bit. Here are some pics:

Forge vs OEM

IMG_0298.JPG

Forge installed from up above

IMG_0299.JPG

Forge installed from the front

IMG_0300.JPG

So was there a new splitter provided by RallySport that I didn't get from Boston Motorsports when I bought mine? It didn't look like SSPEED put a new one on, just covered the drilled out holes with tape. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Overall I like the PW TMIC. Wasn't too hard to install, and will carry me through stage 2 at least.

Hey guys,

Not sure if I already posted this but in regards to the BOV hitting the hood, the guy that installed it for me cut a small section out of both the hood liner and the splitter so that the top of my BOV pokes through that section. With the Greddy RZ BOV this was something that we HAD to do if I wanted to close my bonnet as it sits way too high.

It's almost midnight here in Sydney so if I remember tomorrow I'll take a photo and post it up :)

I had a prototype that included the new duct, but no splitter. Is a new splitter now included?

When he was asking about the splitter, I thought he was asking about the part of the original duct that had to be removed. AFAIK, I got the same thing you did SSpeed, which is the PW duct that has to be bolted on after the OEM splitter is removed.

Thanks Praedet! I'm going to verify the sizes I need and will be placing an order!

Did you ever verify the sizes and order those clamps? If so how are they holding up?

I definitely want to get something else on these hoses as I really don't trust the supplied clamps.

Did you ever verify the sizes and order those clamps? If so how are they holding up?

I definitely want to get something else on these hoses as I really don't trust the supplied clamps.

I didn't yet because the T-bolt clamps are holding up fine. I need to verify the hose sizes because I ordered a crapload of T-bolt clamps and if I eventually go with these other clamps I want to only order what I need.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys didn't get a chance to take a pic yet but will be taking one shortly and posting it up! (of the modification to get a Greddy BOV to fit under the hood).

Also, out of curiosity, how much are you guys in the states paying for a new one of these intercoolers including the splitter/duct?

EDIT: Pics attached! The first pic is a pic of the Greddy Type RZ BOV, the second pic is the hole that was cut in the splitter and hood lining so that it could fit under. The white mark to the right of the hole is where the stock BOV was originally rubbing. Sorry for the quality of the pics guys, they were taken with my iPhone :p

1819356807_photo1.thumb.JPG.b1f63889be55d43e0109f29e0079c796.JPG

686434929_photo2.thumb.JPG.375d666f2890c6524bf2fe0589812870.JPG

Archived