LegacyGT.com

2nd Gen Engine FAQ - Turbos - MPG - Engine Builds - Engine Swaps - Engine Management

• I Donated

huh?

Actually let me make a correction.....It actually has about 1/8th John power, because I have a slipped disk in my back

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took off my exhaust just behind the 2nd cat yesterday. mocking up the HKS is a pain in the ass! So I left it off an drove home... lol OMFG its loud and annoying but the boxer rumble sure come out!

I do love the rumble :wub: couldn't own a subaru that didn't purr the way it does with a bore xD

so I got some of the work done, but since I am pressed for time before I deploy I just tossed on my stock/magnaflow exhaust again. once I get home around Christmas I will finish mocking it up, welding, and installing the HKS.

• I Donated

You could just get an EJ205, EJ207, EJ20G, EJ206, EJ208, EJ20K, EJ20R, EJ22G, EJ255, or EJ257 and boost it in its stock form for less money then it would take to build your EJ25D to handle boost.

I don't know first hand what kind of internal failures the EJ25D will have when boosted. I would think you're able to run a little bit of boost on it with a small turbo and be somewhat safe...but anything fun I would think would require building up the internals quite a bit.

I'm not nearly motivated enough to fish through that entire thread...but I have a feeling that engine didn't last very long at 28psi.

Edited by broknindarkagain

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

I don't think that engine lasted very long with that kind of boost....

However, the EJ20R and EJ20K are fully open deck like the EJ25D....they just have stronger internals.....so idk. I'm kind of tempted to do a monster EJ25D turbo build. I wonder what I could come up with.

I don't doubt you can build one to do a couple of dyno pulls with big numbers.....what I'm curious about is how long the engine will last before blowing up

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

An EJ25D can and will last under boost, a few have done ti and proven it to work. They threw lots of money into the build tho. If I am spending $5k+ on a build I am going to make sure it is built with a strong block. Maybe its just because I hate wasting money lol.

This is why my build is being done in an closed deck EJ22, and I may even sleeve it lol

• I Donated

I saw something online where someone filled their open deck with JB weld to make it closed deck.

Someone should do that and report back with their experience.

lol jk

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT