LegacyGT.com

2nd Gen Engine FAQ - Turbos - MPG - Engine Builds - Engine Swaps - Engine Management

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I Donated
Unless you get the fancy NGK plugs. Platinum Iridium NGKs are a bit more but supposedly are good for life!

no plugs are good for life

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

How about this for the Franken motor thread

Ej257 bottom end( shortblock)

& the heads from a 25d motor?

I've been running this build for 14k now & short of being boosted this is a really nice improvement over a stock motor.

I've tried 87 oct , no knock. With 89 & 93 u actually see an improvement in throttle response & lower end power.

When I did the math w/ an online compression calculator, it came out to like 12.48:1

Hope this is useful info...

S.O.N

• I Donated
How about this for the Franken motor thread

Ej257 bottom end( shortblock)

& the heads from a 25d motor?

I've been running this build for 14k now & short of being boosted this is a really nice improvement over a stock motor.

I've tried 87 oct , no knock. With 89 & 93 u actually see an improvement in throttle response & lower end power.

When I did the math w/ an online compression calculator, it came out to like 12.48:1

Hope this is useful info...

S.O.N

What size head gaskets are you running? Stock STI ej257 gaskets?

Edited by broknindarkagain

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Brok, I'm on the fence right now for buying a salvaged Sube off of the CoPart auction.

What do you know of the EJ25 thats in the 3rd Gen Lego's (BE,BH)

if it is a 5MT would that be a direct swap to a 2nd Gen BD with a 5MT?

I'm slightly torn on just buying a Rolled over 3.0 H6 and a Saab radiator...

The whole build is going on the premise that I have complete cars to work with and not spend a year trying to hunt down "do dahs" from both cars to make it work. Also found some bad-A black leather in a interior that just makes my really want to buy it more...

• I Donated
Ej251 is SOHC...and will bolt right in. You might have to swap over a few sensors but for the most part I think its like doing the EJ22 swap. Just make sure it has MAF. I don't remember if dot does or not

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• 2 months later...

Brok, is it possible to swap the 05' WRX STI EJ257 heads onto the EJ25D block? I know that there is sometime wrong with one of the heads on my motor and there is a guy that parted out his STI blob eye's STI and has the intake, heads, and exhaust that is willing to sell cheap.

If I rebuild the heads on my EJ25D it's going even cash for that super slow motor to finally sound ok....cathartic to say the least. It's bad enough that I already have go drop the engine just to get to the heads on this boxer motor.

Here are some pics of his heads that went to a Cosworth EJ257 that was blown..

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Rubenjc111/41308229.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Rubenjc111/8BCEE0EE.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Rubenjc111/ACB38308.jpg

Also was selling the exhaust:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Rubenjc111/B287A0AF.jpg

Edited by TexasLegacy2.5GT

• I Donated
The heads will bolt up to the engine...however I don't know if the 25D intake will fit on those heads or not....and I don't know if the 257 intake has the needed stuff to let your 25D sensors and vacuum lines bolt up.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• 2 months later...