LegacyGT.com

2nd Gen Engine FAQ - Turbos - MPG - Engine Builds - Engine Swaps - Engine Management

High performance bolts, rods, pistons, rings, bearings, seal package = ~$1500.00

Upgraded cams, and valves = ~$1000.00 more

Checking, decking and rebuilding the block and heads correctly = ~$1500.00

Installation in a like vehicle, i.e., EJ257 vehicle to EJ257 replacement = $600.00

Tuning = $400.00

Total = ~$5000.00 done right by a professional shop

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I Donated
Its definatly driveable...but I will say this. The heavily built EJ20R is slower off the line then my stock OB is. Once the turbo spools though, its a different story. Not many cars can keep up

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
For a DD with a bit of fun, an EJ20 would do you just fine. I'm just not happy with the low end output of an EJ20...but then again you and I probably use our cars for different things

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

My sedan has hit the 300+mark on a GT3076R turbo...but it was such a big turbo it took FOREVER to spool up....but when it spooled it threw you back in your seat pretty hard.

It will be hard to keep reasonable spool times on an EJ20 and get 350+ to the wheels. However, its not a very hard task to do on a EJ257.

To give you a serious answer to your question, my favorite thing is mountain runs...so I really need the low end power. On the highway, almost nothing can touch me....and the only thing that saves me in the corners is the suspension

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

I really hope my build will have good low end. gonna take 2.2 block. throw 04 wrx heads on. completely build the engine. standalone ecu and i've no idea what turbo i'm gonna run. :/ I haven't looked in to that. I know I think i've figured up 3k for the building of the block. then another 1 or 2k for heads. plus cams and stuff. :/ yeah. its gonna be bad ass!

I really really want an EJ257. I think I will wait until I can start getting scholarships that pay bank though. Although.....not to brag or anything....but I did just get hooked up with a job that pays $2K for 3 days work on a 5 day all expenses paid trip to Vegas. And I guess if I get in good with this company, it may become a more common thing/I will have opportunities with other companies. Not gonna say what the work is but be jealous ;)

Anyways, if that goes well or I get any of the scholarships I am applying for, I am so building a 257!

My sedan has hit the 300+mark on a GT3076R turbo...but it was such a big turbo it took FOREVER to spool up....but when it spooled it threw you back in your seat pretty hard.

It will be hard to keep reasonable spool times on an EJ20 and get 350+ to the wheels. However, its not a very hard task to do on a EJ257.

To give you a serious answer to your question, my favorite thing is mountain runs...so I really need the low end power. On the highway, almost nothing can touch me....and the only thing that saves me in the corners is the suspension

So what are your engine/turbo and HP specs right now?