LegacyGT.com

what rpm does everyone shift at while daily driving

Saw a topic like this on nasisuk for STI's thought id start it for the Legacy's. I usually shift every gear around 3k while driving and have averaged around 23 mpg on a stage 2 tune. what does everyone else usually shift around?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To get that kind of mpg I need to do mostly highway driving.

I have this problem when driving on the back roads. I seem to enjoy boost while running through the gears. After all, that's why I bought the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

2500 to 3000.

I spent all of last week driving my in-laws truck (an 06ish Tundra V8). I could accelerate at a brisker than standard traffic rate, never cracking 2000 RPM. In fact, I could drive the 67 miles between the airport and the lake without ever cracking 2000 RPM. I was so jealous.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

yeah i pretty much shift off of engine sound too or exhaust
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Off boost? 2500. No need to go more. I have STUPID torque from e85. On boost no more than 4000. Anything over 4k is usually inappropriate behavior in my car. (Happens frequently)

Glad you put that "disclaimer" at the end. LOL

I find there's this nice stretch of back road that has a lot of trees to revib the exhaust note. I find it's hard not to run the car about 3/4 throttle through the first 3 gears, then coast. I get to just over 60mph in about 7 seconds. The car sonds great without mufflers. Who cares about gas milage.

But in the other side. Two weeks ago the dash was ready 28.5mpg coming back from Atlantic City, doing 68-72mph on the to The Hamptons.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I find there's this nice stretch of back road that has a lot of trees to revib the exhaust note. I find it's hard not to run the car about 3/4 throttle through the first 3 gears, then coast. I get to just over 60mph in about 7 seconds. The car sonds great without mufflers. Who cares about gas milage.

How loud is it at idle? I was surprised at the small size of our OEM rear exhaust section.

BTW, highway I get to 60-65 ASAP, but no higher than 5500RPM, then cruise at 65-70 to get max MPG. Around down, I rarely go higher than 3K RPM.

For me that ends up being around 0-100mph in 10 seconds. E85 + injectors/tune and mpg is way off. I estimate 15mpg when the wife drives. 10-12ish when I do.

And yes I shift higher when going though tunnels but fortunately, my BOV is plenty loud at 4k.

Archived