LegacyGT.com

Legacy Wagon 2012/2013

^^^

Penalizing people for driving gas sucking road pigs isn't the American Way though. It will never happen.

Luxury tax and gas guzzler tax on exotics is understandable but taxing the million good 'ole boys who want a 5.0 Mustang or an Ford Raptor just won't happen.

There will be another civil war.:lol:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After which a good horse will be worth more than a SUV.

A spiffy new Subaru horse with AHD (all-hoof drive), leather seating, twin nose scoops and a rumbly exhaust... perfect.

I am torn. I probably still would have gotten the Outback over a Legacy wagon had both been offered in 2009 with manual transmissions.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

New thread created on the fuel tax discussion, look here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fuel-tax-discussion-162382.html

Please continue over there. Anyone not able to access the link needs to go here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups and apply for membership in "Politics".

I'm a member of the group, but can't go to the thread.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

They got rid of the Legacy wagon to streamline the assortment. There was no real need to have a Legacy wagon and an Outback wagon.

It seems like there is a reason now since the Outback doesn't come with a turbo/manual transmission option. But I agree that's not much of a reason and it would only appeal to a very tiny niche.

I dunno... as a wagon owner I would rather have an 05-09 style Outback first, then a Legacy wagon second, followed by the current Outback in a very distant third.

The problem for us wagon lovers is that Subaru does not sell one at all anymore. The current Outback is as big as a Forester.

Actually I give up. I admit it. The people that are crying foul have a point. Subaru killed the wagon because the company is stupid AND got lazy and figured less models is better. Sales numbers had nothing to do with the decision.

But that begs the question, what is an Impreza hatch doing carrying an Outback trim? I think they should have killed the Outback and offered the Subaru wagon as the Subaru Legacy Wagon Outback Sport. However, that would be absolute horror for those that like to go badgeless

:lol:

Its not that Subaru does not make this car anymore. They do. Its just that they do not want to sell this car to you guys.

We Euros have the Legacy sedan, wagon and outback. The Japs have them to. European Legacys are made in japan. They are lhd jdms with metric dails.

The environment madness have killed the h6 and the gt in my country. We just have the 2.0r 2.0d and 2.5.

Its not that Subaru does not make this car anymore. They do. Its just that they do not want to sell this car to you guys.

We Euros have the Legacy sedan, wagon and outback. The Japs have them to. European Legacys are made in japan. They are lhd jdms with metric dails.

The environment madness have killed the h6 and the gt in my country. We just have the 2.0r 2.0d and 2.5.

Dear god. No turbo's or 6's. I'll stop bitching about not having a wagon. Leave us the turbo's!!

Since they don't have the H6 or GT in Holland you chose a Diesel? I'm glad that I got a GT here in Sweden

• 2 weeks later...
:soap_box:"Love my GT Wagon"

Yea, bite me...I hate you guy's in other country's that get all the good cars.

Just joking. :)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a white 5th Gen Legacy GT Wagon on my way to work this morning. It was pulling out of the hotel area along 40th here in Denver (Gateway Park). I was going the other way and almost didn't see it because I was focused on the very clean 2002 WRX right in front of it.

For what it's worth, I do see a lot of 'test' cars in this area. On Tuesday, I saw a Ford C-Max. 2 weeks ago I saw about 4-5 Dodge pickups, heavily masked (probably the new Dakota or replacement). Previously I've seen the Fiesta-based CUV test mule and a camouflaged Focus months before it's release. Doesn't mean the wagon is coming to the US, but its something.

Archived