LegacyGT.com

Legacy Wagon 2012/2013

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I personally love wagons, and hate hatchbacks. But if your the average consumer, you will hate wagons and love hatchbacks. Its funny how things work.

Must just be US citizens who hate wagons as the rest of the world (there is one out there) seem to prefer Subaru wagons.

There is no shortage of Subaru Wagons in New England. In the hospital doctor's lot where I work in Providence RI, nearly every Subaru is a wagon, and there are a lot of them. Most popular cars in the lot in order of decreasing frequency: Subaru, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Toyota. Hardly any American cars. Wagon's are the ultimate in versatility while still maintaining proper handling.

I personally love wagons, and hate hatchbacks. But if your the average consumer, you will hate wagons and love hatchbacks. Its funny how things work.

F the average consumer. This is the category responsible for giving us dull transportation devices that replace real cars.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Wagon's are the ultimate in versatility while still maintaining proper handling.

How true. I decided to buy a wagon after I couldn't fit some kitchen chairs I bought in my (at that time) full size sedan. The memories of my classmate's Audi 100 wagon (different time, different country) I drooled over years ago helped cement the decision.

After getting my 5 speed GT BP I have never looked back to sedans.

And they're an integral part of our economy let alone Subaru's well being.

True. I do wish though that while Subaru repeats Toyota's success by catering to average customer, they also learn from mistakes Toyota made (and acknowledged) dialing their marketing and engineering focus to average customers only. There's a reason Toyota wants to look more sporty and dynamic now. I don't want Subaru to be in that position in the future.

Fair enough ?

True. I do wish though that while Subaru repeats Toyota's success by catering to average customer, they also learn from mistakes Toyota made (and acknowledged) dialing their marketing and engineering focus to average customers only. There's a reason Toyota wants to look more sporty and dynamic now. I don't want Subaru to be in that position in the future.

Fair enough ?

Depending on how long you live I'd rather have Subaru go that route and then come back with the financial backing to do even more than they could have just trucking along being the niche-to-mainstream brand they are.

But I would be very upset if they decided to try and show off their other aspects of drivetrains like RWD and FWD so that they can go mainstream (and in the process losing AWD). Affordable and proven AWD and their boxer engines are the only things Subaru can play when at the table. Otherwise they might as well just start rebranding Toyota's regardless of how the shell looks.

They said in an article about the BRZ that Subaru wants to show the world they can do RWD too. I hope someone intelligent at Subaru is watching how this is all going. Brand loyalty is Subaru's foundation at the moment anyways and most people buy Subaru's for AWD, not RWD. I hope they keep doing what's good for both sides or just crash and burn. I should say I like their AWD and the low center of gravity afforded by the boxer engines but I'm not going to be happy if I get some retarded AWD system from Toyota like the one on the RAV4 for a Subaru. I like having an inexpensive but proven AWD vehicle but I may have to start looking at other competitors (and shelling out more money) if they decide they'd rather follow RWD "just because it sounds cool." Not like that matters to anyone but I'm just saying that's why I'd rather see them crash and burn or just keep bringing in the goodies.

Archived