LegacyGT.com

GWIM got a 2011 Sportage SX (AWD), Rick bought a GTI..

godwhomismike

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm at the vw dealership right now. I drove the TDI first and then the GTI. The GTI is freaking sweat! I'm so internaly conflicted right now. The GTI has 1.9% financing, and the TDI doesn't.

Might I recommend a 1995 Ford Aspire? They can be had for a case of Miller Lite! You may need to put a clutch in though.

Great on gas, fun to drive, and the ladies love them. See my review in this section.

I'd probably get the TDI over the GTI. I just don't really like FWD enough to want a "fast" FWD car. TDI's get good fuel economy no matter what the weather is. GTI's are only fast when it's dry.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I drove the gti home last night. The car is a blast to drive, and I was able to get an average of 30mpg. I still might by the TDI Golf, or maybe the sportwagon. With the price of gas going up it seems like a bad decision to buy

the GTI.

That's a really tough call. Comparably equipped DSG models are only about $500 different (the GTI being more expensive).

I'd be torn as well.

I'd still probably get the TDI, though. I'd probably get it with a 6MT instead of the DSG though.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I'm buying the GTI 6sp manual tonight! I couldn't pass up the 1.9% financing.

Awesome!

I don't think I could pass on the DSG in a GTI though. That would definitely be a hard choice. I habitually hate automatics, but that trans is pretty sweet.

What color?

It was a tough choice, but I just have so much more fun shifting on my own. It's a two door, Blue Metallic. The wife is pissed that it's a two door! She said to get whatever I wanted. :lol:

Yes, it's Shadow Blue Metallic. It stickered at $24, 560, and the TDI was $26,500. Unfortunately they were only offering the 1.9% financing on the GTI, so that was a big part of my decision. I was very impressed with how strong the TDI pulled, and I was very close to buying it instead. On another note I was able to average 29.5mpg's on the GTI.

Archived