LegacyGT.com

GWIM got a 2011 Sportage SX (AWD), Rick bought a GTI..

godwhomismike

What did you pay for it?

PQUOTE=godwhomismike;3437337]I picked up this guy tonight:

http://i54.tinypic.com/2yy57xz.jpg

Fully loaded Signal Red 2011 Kia Sportage SX with AWD. Premium Package with Leather, and the Navigation/Sound package. I really like it.

Has an Eco mode, which is nice. Seems to keep the car out of boost, and drives more like a 4 cylinder non-turbo for all out fuel economy. Drove for about 7 miles on suburban roads in Eco mode, fuel economy was reading 28.7 mpg. Of course this isn't the best test in the world, but Thursday night I will am going about 150 miles with it. That should give me a better idea about what it can do.

Eco mode off = all bets off. 269 lb ft of torque and 256 hp being put down by a 3450 lb AWD turbocharged vehicle -> it want to take off and sprint. Sorry, still in break in period, the Eco mode goes back on. At least I know what I get to look forward after I break it in.

Eco mode went back on, in the beginning of the break in period, and keeping the RPMs under 4000 rpm. Eco mode doesn't seem to let the RPMs even see 3000 rpm.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
So far so good, but the tires on it leave a bit to be desired. Hankook Optimo H426 are made for fuel economy in mind, but their designers forgot to count in snow. The tires never spin, and I have climbed up icy hill (frozen snow, and ice) without breaking a sweat.

Apparently, the system works very similar to the way the Subaru system works. I'd taken it out twice in bad conditions, and it seemed fine, but the tires appear to be the weakest part.

Ah very cool.

Yeah, you guys get some rough weather out there (I have a lot of family in Shamokin/Elysburg - more Central PA), good to hear that the AWD holds up well.

Nope, I kayak on Westcolong Lake up until it's too cold to do with sweatshirt on.

http://i44.tinypic.com/r0vat2.jpg

I don't blame you. Wallenpaupack is probably packed with guidos on jetskis and partyboats from May to September...

Archived