LegacyGT.com

GWIM got a 2011 Sportage SX (AWD), Rick bought a GTI..

godwhomismike

I always see time off and benefits as part of your total compensation package. So if the pay isn't on the upper scale, the time off, benefits, tuition reimbursement all makes up for it.

Back to your TDI, make sure your salesman can locate one for you in the color and options you want before turning in your Forester. VW tend to send their TDIs over here in batchs of a certain configuration. They started off with 2-door bare bones ones and now I am seeing 4-dr DSG and loaded ones on the lots. Good luck with your search. I have a 4-dr Candy White with DSG and all the options which was the exact configuration I wanted.

I have enough drama for now.....

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wasted 3 hours of my life today, 100 miles added to the odometer, and the 5 gallons of premium fuel she drank during the trip.

VW dealership called me, acted like they had the damn car, were going to buy out the Forester, and keep the lease payment within ball park of my current lease. I went there prepared, and left there empty handed.

First off, VW financial has no faith in their TDI models. 48% residual? Really? That's worse that most shitty domestic models of yesteryear. 48% is the rate three dealerships gave me so far. The folks on edmunds state it's 51%, but I have yet to see a dealership do anything above 48%. Then their is the money factor, which is 0.00181. Yuck. Think the finance is any better, VW financial rates it at almost 4% for top tier credit on a 60 month loan. So, it seems on the leasing end, dealerships are marking up the price, the money factors, and even lowering the residuals to well below 50%. With the money factor and residual I got from Edmunds, the lease payment should be $75 less per month than these dealers are doing.

Seriously, to save some costs in fuel, you are more than making it up in the car payment. I rather give the money to middle eastern oil states than to VW Financial for their absurd marked up rates.

VW can take their TDI right now and shove it. It would cost me almost $150 less a month on a WRX Limited w/ Navigation lease than it would on a simple front drive Volkswagen. Yeah, what I am saving on the payment I am more than making up for it at the pump, but you know what, I would have a reliable Subaru that is fast and fun to drive, with AWD that would get me out just about any jam in the brutal winter months.

That's a bunch of bull.

Have you considered buying the car outright, rather than leasing?

In my discussions when buying my car, leasing was such a complicated and bass-ackwards process. I just wrote a check, stuffed the title in my safe, and called it a day.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

That is terrible. I guess they feel like they can act like that because the cars sell so well.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

It's not the VW Financial does not have confidence in their TDIs, they know the car is in demand that they can jack up their rates or lower their residuals. VW sells EVERY TDIs they import and they don't import a lot of Golfs.

When I went in to look at a CPO TDI, it had 6700 miles and came fully loaded. I honestly didn't think I would drive that car home that night. The car was listed at $26,995. I had my 2003 5MT Golf TDI with 93K miles. They wanted to give me $5K for my trade in and I told them to pound sand. I know I can sell it on my own for more. They were willing to bring the price down to $26,500. Because the car was CPO, they extended the warranty by another 24 months and 20K miles and it qualified for the new car 3.9% interest rate. I drove home the new TDI that night with no money down, and no trade in.

My older TDI was KBB listed for 7,700 and I had it sold in less than 24 hrs for $10K!!! So it's no BS that the TDIs retain their values very well.

I have enough drama for now.....

I learned one thing from this. You're going to pay either way. If you aren't paying it at the pump, you're paying for it in the car loan/lease.

That's why I paid cash.

Zero debt is a wonderful feeling.

Save up.

I wasted 3 hours of my life today, 100 miles added to the odometer, and the 5 gallons of premium fuel she drank during the trip.

VW dealership called me, acted like they had the damn car, were going to buy out the Forester, and keep the lease payment within ball park of my current lease. I went there prepared, and left there empty handed.

First off, VW financial has no faith in their TDI models. 48% residual? Really? That's worse that most shitty domestic models of yesteryear. 48% is the rate three dealerships gave me so far. The folks on edmunds state it's 51%, but I have yet to see a dealership do anything above 48%. Then their is the money factor, which is 0.00181. Yuck. Think the finance is any better, VW financial rates it at almost 4% for top tier credit on a 60 month loan. So, it seems on the leasing end, dealerships are marking up the price, the money factors, and even lowering the residuals to well below 50%. With the money factor and residual I got from Edmunds, the lease payment should be $75 less per month than these dealers are doing.

Seriously, to save some costs in fuel, you are more than making it up in the car payment. I rather give the money to middle eastern oil states than to VW Financial for their absurd marked up rates.

VW can take their TDI right now and shove it. It would cost me almost $150 less a month on a WRX Limited w/ Navigation lease than it would on a simple front drive Volkswagen. Yeah, what I am saving on the payment I am more than making up for it at the pump, but you know what, I would have a reliable Subaru that is fast and fun to drive, with AWD that would get me out just about any jam in the brutal winter months.

This is a big reason I didn't end up with the TDI.

If the finance rate comes down to 1.9%, then yes. The finance rate VW is working with is 3.89% for 60 months for buyers with top tier credit.

It's funny because I have excellent credit and the best offer I had for the TDI was for 4.2% for 60months, and that was from a local bank. Yet I was able to qualify for 1.9% from VW. WTF

Oh, and if only ShrinerMonkey had told me that I was allowed to just pay $25.5k + tax with cash before I bought the car I totally would have. Damn...maybe next time. :rolleyes:

Have you looked at the Sonata Turbo? They seem interesting, especially since you want to get an auto.

They aren't really my style, but they'll save you a boat load of money on fuel.

Have you looked at the Sonata Turbo? They seem interesting, especially since you want to get an auto.

They aren't really my style, but they'll save you a boat load of money on fuel.

I looked at them, and they are nice for the money. It's a shame that it doesn't have a manual gearbox to choose from.

I think you missed the part where I said "I'm coming out of a lease on my..." I think it was stated about a dozen times in this thread.

Well there is your first mistake. You need to commit to buying a car that you will keep after you actually own it.

Archived