LegacyGT.com

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well once tuned, there's no need to touch the MBC ever again unless you mod and then you'll require a new tune and usually an adjustment of the MBC. Unless AVO is using a funky pseudo ecu to use an ebcs(since the 2.5i doesn't have an ECU capable of managing the factory EBCS), a MBC should be all that's needed to do the job.

I would agree but Paul @ AVO tested the theory and he found that the turbo setup behaves differently when cold vs warm on the EJ253. I think he said boost is more linear with the EBCS. I think the ability to adjust "boost gain" on the fly is a reason.

If/when I get this kit for my 2.5i I will go with a EBC b/c I will want to monitor boost to combat boost creep

Hmmm, what kind of fluctuations are we talking about? Fiddling with a boost controller can spell disaster if not done precisely to what corresponds with the tune map.

But good point about creep, higher compression engine with a generous amount of flow with low set psi and the wastegate can't divert enough flow as rpms get high. Hmmmm.

You don't map fuel and timing to a particular boost. You build a giant table, and values for fuel and timing are plucked from that table using things like MAF/MAP, RPM, load, etc. So as long as there are definitions for all combinations of those variables, there isnt a "disaster" zone. If there are definitions for it, and those areas are tuned, you can change boost however you want.

I'd go EBC. They aren't that expensive, and it's a pretty useful device if you are running a system that does not include boost control.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

EBCS ≠ EBC.

The EBCS is the solenoid. The EBC is the controller.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Well unfortunately I am at work till 1030 just gettin the car there today took a lot of creativity and calling in favors. 2 people to get it there plus one friend who's loaning me their second car.

So somehow ups sent my fmic to a whole other sorting facility and now it won't be here till the 17th. Andrew is going to get as much done as he can this weekend. So unfortunately it's gonna be awhile till I get my car back. :(

So no pics? Dangit.

Archived