LegacyGT.com

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Subscribed... My warranty is ending soon and located in the Seattle area so easy to work directly with AVO should I decide to go the route of Turbo... Plus I got a good bonus for work so that is giving me more incentive to blow some money :)

Interested to see your initial thoughts...

Do you think it will be worth it?

For $3k, couldn't you have traded in and gotten a similar year GT?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Do you think it will be worth it?

For $3k, couldn't you have traded in and gotten a similar year GT?

This. And that's exactly what I did. Now I'm near 300whp for less total cost than the turbo kit :)

I could have yea except I don't know what place incurs have traded in my legacy for a gt and only owed 3k lol at least around ma. Not to mention I'm going for uniqueness web this legacy eventually dies I'll strip it for what I can and pick up an 09 lgt.

I could have yea except I don't know what place incurs have traded in my legacy for a gt and only owed 3k lol at least around ma. Not to mention I'm going for uniqueness web this legacy eventually dies I'll strip it for what I can and pick up an 09 lgt.

I am right there with you man. My car is only worth 12500 and the lowest priced gt locally is 20k so a turbo kit is way cheaper. Especially when you factor in tax and license and all the interest paid in financing... Unless I am the only guy that does not have 10k laying around.

I mean don't get me wrong I have spent about 9gs on my

Car but that's with new wheels and tires coilovers sways intake lights fog lights and soon the turbo so to me it's money worth spent because my car is basically done now. It's what ice wanted for a long time a quick little car that I can have some fun with on the weekends! :)

Yes an all over 100k on the motor. Not to be rude but this thread isn't "why didn't you buy a gt?" it's supposed to be about my thoughts on the turbo kit on the car. I understand that this will be in the disussion but my point is to find angle with 80k isn't always an easy task. And I just would rather drive the car till it dies. It's nice not to have car payments.

Good luck then! I hope it's what you want.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

x2 I hope its what you want and provides smile inducing results on the butt dyno more than anything. Nothing wrong with being different if you have realistic goals. Sub'd for sleeper status among sleepers. Very interested to read OP's review/opinions of the finished install/tune.

That's all I'm going for is smiles! I know its noting going to be a "OMG I CAN BEATZ STIS!" But I'm hoping it will still continue to be a reliable car and be fun to drive. Hopefully the kit will be here soon. I am getting very anxious! I just want it here, in my Legacy, NOW. If I can make it over 200WHP I will be very pleased!

That's all I'm going for is smiles! I know its noting going to be a "OMG I CAN BEATZ STIS!" But I'm hoping it will still continue to be a reliable car and be fun to drive. Hopefully the kit will be here soon. I am getting very anxious! I just want it here, in my Legacy, NOW. If I can make it over 200WHP I will be very pleased!

You could easily make over 200whp but the reliability may be in question. Look at the dyno sheets Paul posted in his avo turbo kit thread. If you need a shop to install the items in MA let me know, i have the resources.

It depends, with you, he'll have to start from scratch on your current ECU map. LOL Tell him I sent you and he might lighten up on you ;)

BTW he tuned my 09 2.5i Legacy when I had it...

what tune did you get on your 2.5? Just out of curiousity.

OP,

Super pumped to see this install. You should have a slick car when it's done :cool:

You could easily make over 200whp but the reliability may be in question. Look at the dyno sheets Paul posted in his avo turbo kit thread. If you need a shop to install the items in MA let me know, i have the resources.

AJW is doing the install, however I'll leave the tune up to Bren tuning to try and get a good baseline. Something reliable with decent power.

what tune did you get on your 2.5? Just out of curiousity.

OP,

Super pumped to see this install. You should have a slick car when it's done :cool:

I got an open source tune, road tune. better throttle response, better powerband.....

Archived