LegacyGT.com

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cant really get e85 in MA

That sucks!

Also can you not go above 6psi bc engine conponents or bc of knock. You could use a pewter setup to cool the gas and help with knock. A good pewter setup could maybe get it to below 0 temps on a hot day.

Apparently it can hit 7PSI without damaging the engine but I'm hoping to shoot 5.5 or 6. I need to change my clutch out first though. It sucks because the clutch is sitting here at my house but I don't know how or have the money to install it. :(

Apparently it can hit 7PSI without damaging the engine but I'm hoping to shoot 5.5 or 6. I need to change my clutch out first though. It sucks because the clutch is sitting here at my house but I don't know how or have the money to install it. :(

Clutch install might run $350-$500 but if you dont have the right tools or know how it will cost you much much more ;)

Although the majority of the tough factor in a clutch job is the removal of components the actual part install isn't spectacular :)

have you gotten a quote from GTTuner (member on the forums)? or had work done by him before? he's a bit of a ways away (in RI), but prices are damn good and the work is absolutely top notch.

Andrew is going to do the install for 500 I jut don't have any money to pay him to do it lol fsm? What is that?

FSM... I think I saw somewhere that we weren't supposed to discuss it here... Lol search for vacation pix

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

FSM... I think I saw somewhere that we weren't supposed to discuss it here... Lol search for vacation pix

I looked in the rules n i didn't see anything about it, but if it is just have an admin let me know. and if it is sorry for makin waves.

Its the field service manual. If your a diy'er you need one. Tells you how to work on your car

Yeah I have the 06 one helps me with a lot of things but I'd still be nervous to DIY stuff. I am thinking of painting my intake manifold but I think I'll have my father help me with that.

Almost don't want to ask but latley when the car idles for extended periods of time. More than 20 min the heat temp gauge rises then once I drive it will lower back to normal temp. Is this bad? Normal?

^You could probably use a heavy duty radiator. It's been hot lately in NY, Prob the same in MA.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Almost don't want to ask but latley when the car idles for extended periods of time. More than 20 min the heat temp gauge rises then once I drive it will lower back to normal temp. Is this bad? Normal?

Not good. Check the cooling system for air and make sure your fans work.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived