LegacyGT.com

Here is myebay $279 shipped in-dash 7" Nav, bluetooth, DVD USB, and SD card review

itsme

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you said it was running Windows CE, does that mean you can put a program on it that would alow for more changes in the EQ? Also, would Romraider work on it?

I'm not sure how to get into the OS. 400mhz CPU and 64mb ram(maybe I can upgrade) should be enoug to run romraider.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I'm not sure how to get into the OS. 400mhz CPU and 64mb ram(maybe I can upgrade) should be enoug to run romraider.

I am sure you will figure it out. Look and see if its running centrafuse. or if its propriatary.. Also, if this is better than my Kenwood, I will probably get one too. I "need" to put one in my 97x...

Did you follow my directions on the Sticky?

As best I could, I might tear everything down again this weekend and try to start again. :( That extra unused plug is buggin me. And I'm on the border of deciding if the expensive JDM Hazard button is worth it. :lol:

As best I could, I might tear everything down again this weekend and try to start again. :( That extra unused plug is buggin me. And I'm on the border of deciding if the expensive JDM Hazard button is worth it. :lol:

lucky for you, I already went through the trouble:cool:. Check your power and ground to the HVAC panel. That could be your problem..

I'm still not able to find the level control for the sub. But, for the money it great. Is it the best out there? I don't know. But, I does everything it says it the ad. Its not box full of brick or or doa. It's a nice radio that you would have to spend a lot more money to really beat it. I still have not tried the remote and detachble face. This was just a thread to let everone the ebay radio is not ripe off a does what it says.

I'm going load all my music to a SS hdd that I have so ,I don't have to burn cds anymore.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

(was excited to install after getting the i88/i85 harness from ae68.com)

:rolleyes: That's ae64

Is your HVAC functional? I just did my install last night and I only found a that the connector just illuminates the controls, but not make them functional.
It could be that you didn't connect the red wire properly. But we should discuss this via e-mail (rather than here in itsme's review thread).

Eveything works on mine. I was worried at first because I had an old plug left over that is not used anymore.

That extra unused plug is buggin me.

Sounds like your factory 8-pin "i85" harness. In 2005-2006 models, it doesn't have anything you need for an aftermarket HU.

China makes a lot of good replica electronics. There are also different levels of replicas...they made the replica of the iphone so good to the point where you put them next to each other and you can't even tell.

However, my point is, they usually load some BS software on there that are not as user-friendly which in turn makes you NOT want to use the product.

Another thing would be the longevity of the item.

But definitely good to know you like it!

:rolleyes: That's ae64

It could be that you didn't connect the red wire properly. But we should discuss this via e-mail (rather than here in itsme's review thread).

Sounds like your factory 8-pin "i85" harness. In 2005-2006 models, it doesn't have anything you need for an aftermarket HU.

Sorry, got confused with the AE64 URL... been watching a lot of Initial D on Netflix... Takami's AE86 is what I had in mind.

Oh, and yeah, me and my bro got confused on the Red wire... but got it fixed :redface: and I am happier than ever to have everything functioning!

OP: Didn't mean to threadjack

China makes a lot of good replica electronics. There are also different levels of replicas...they made the replica of the iphone so good to the point where you put them next to each other and you can't even tell.

However, my point is, they usually load some BS software on there that are not as user-friendly which in turn makes you NOT want to use the product.

Another thing would be the longevity of the item.

But definitely good to know you like it!

I know what you mean about the software. I saw some with GUI that look awful with res that was too low and looked blocky or just way too busy. This one is basic and pretty staight forward. It runs win ce 5 and Sygic 10 nav software(that can be updated) on a sd card and I have seen people swicth to igo 8.3 on youtube.

Does it have red illumination? Can you change the color of the menus? I hate when the lights on the radio don't match the dash! ;)

Does the RDS work? I've bought a couple radios that say they have it, but don't. :( My wife likes to see the song name and artist and stuff like her caddy does...

Nice score! Looks great! :)

I know what you mean about the software. I saw some with GUI that look awful with res that was too low and looked blocky or just way too busy. This one is basic and pretty staight forward. It runs win ce 5 and Sygic 10 nav software(that can be updated) on a sd card and I have seen people swicth to igo 8.3 on youtube.

that's good to hear

maybe I should get a single DIN with the pop out screen when I go back to China...haha

So the GPS stuff is just loaded on a disc?

Gps is on a 2 gb sd card and yes the rds work.

what is RDS?

Radio data something or other. Basically it gives you information like artist and song title when you are tuned into a RDS station.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Radio data something or other. Basically it gives you information like artist and song title when you are tuned into a RDS station.

I think RDS is mostly for identifying the radio station name and perhaps the type of programming...never seen the artist/title displayed from the system...?

My old pioneer deck had RDS and it would give the station name and some stations had title/artist info too. I got an Eclipse deck after that and it doesn't have RDS. I didn't really miss it. Especially since my iPhone will identify any song on the radio and email me a link. :-)

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Archived