LegacyGT.com

Here is myebay $279 shipped in-dash 7" Nav, bluetooth, DVD USB, and SD card review

itsme

Debating picking one of these up for my 2nd car. The only thing I'm not a fan of is it not being compatible with Sirius (or even XM). Sure you can have an external unit and use the input for that, but if I'm going with something like this, I want a sirius box out of sight. I guess I could use the bluetooth and stream Sirius and play it over BT. Wonder what the quality is of that. Hmmmm.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I could use the bluetooth and stream Sirius and play it over BT. Wonder what the quality is of that. Hmmmm.

Do you mean use your phones bluetooth (using the sirius app)? I know on mine i can stream music over bluetooth from my phone....havent tried it yet but i read reviews that it works great.

I found that over bt the bass response is reduced. It's clear but, for some reason the bass is lower when I steam music from my phone. The bass is fine when I use my bt stereo headphones.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 4 months later...

Well figured I'd bring this thread back from the dead and give everyone (whose interested) a quick update. The ebay units been running great for over 4 months with no major issues. A few minor annoyances:

1) When its below freezing the lcd colors aren't right. Once the car warms up the colors and lcd go back to normal.

2) I have an AUX hookup (sirius radio) and everytime my car starts up it looks for a video signal (it gives me that famous blue screen) along with the audio setting meaning that I have to hit the GPS button to flip the lcd over to gps while listening to the sirius radio. Not a huge deal on longer trips but to drive around the corner its a little annoying to do that everytime. I can't figure out a way to make the gps with aux the default.

Other than that I'm very happy. Gps picks up a signal immediatly and the maps have been dead on.

Kenny

Mine is still working fine. The only thing sometime the thumb drive I have goes blank and I have to format and re-install my music. Besides that it's fine. I just wish it would dim automatically instead of me having to change it.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

There is no illumination wire to hook up as a dimmer when you turn your lights on?

Yes, it makes the buttons light up but, doesn't effect the screen.

I see this unit doesn't support Bluetooth for the iPhone 4 or 4s. Has anyone tried it?

Curious also if it supports the iPhone as an iPod? I can't find a list of iPod's it supports and whether it will charge them as well.

I found another one that says it supports the IP4. Has anyone tried this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G2217U-Motorized-Detachable-7-LCD-TV-Steer-Wheel-Car-iPod-GPS-DVD-Player-pp-/110747413765?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D290573184558%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5799119287915113955#ht_20089wt_1348

Thanks!

It charges if you use the port on the front of the head unit and i can play Pandora through the head unit once i link it and hit next or stop on the unit itself. Dont remember if you can see the track-listing or if you can play iPod because i don't have songs on my iPhone i just use Pandora. And i am actually putting mine back in today cuz i took it out to match the colors up on the unit and around the dash

• 2 months later...
Sorry for the lengthy bump on this. Has anyone who has this unit streamed the Sirius App and played through Bluetooth? I'm curious how the talk stations (and music also) sound.

Thanks!

I have streamed with Bluetooth . I sound it reduced the bass response .

• 3 months later...

Archived