LegacyGT.com

Here is myebay $279 shipped in-dash 7" Nav, bluetooth, DVD USB, and SD card review

itsme

I think RDS is mostly for identifying the radio station name and perhaps the type of programming...never seen the artist/title displayed from the system...?

It's all dependent on how much info the radio station puts out, some give song and artist names, some only give their call letters.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Update. Still can't find a level control for my sub. I tried to connect my SS hdd and it didn't work connected to the radio. But, have had problems with that drive in the past. But I load 4gb of music on my thumb drive and works perfectly. I'm really enjoying this radio so far.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Update. Still can't find a level control for my sub. I tried to connect my SS hdd and it didn't work connected to the radio. But, have had problems with that drive in the past. But I load 4gb of music on my thumb drive and works perfectly. I'm really enjoying this radio so far.

Have you driven anywhere kinda complicated as far as the roads go (Like downtown LA)? I want to get one now but want to make sure that the GPS Nav is up to par...

Have you driven anywhere kinda complicated as far as the roads go (Like downtown LA)? I want to get one now but want to make sure that the GPS Nav is up to par...

No. I only drive 6 miles to work and it's just down the street. I guess that is why I only have 57K on my '05 wagon.:lol:

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

No. I only drive 6 miles to work and it's just down the street. I guess that is why I only have 57K on my '05 wagon.:lol:

dernit! Haha well good for your wagon i guess...

As far as you have seen though, does it seem to be on par with bigger name GPS units? (Or at the least, no huge glitches?)

The youtube video you posted the link to confused me because he was driving and there were no cross roads off the road he was on. I don't know if it was just where he was or if the GPS just wasn't registering anythign else...

That guy was out in the boonies. If you notice he driving, filming , and playing with the radio all at the same to for the entire lenght of the vdo. I leave in I live by a lot of little street and all of the show up. It shows every little POI with their phone numbers around me even down to the little burger stands. You can go to sygic.com and look at the nav for yourself and decide. But remember you can alway get a different nav software if you want.

Do you have any more pictures of the fitment? I remember you saying that it was a bit taller so you had to shave some of the mount? I wouldn't want to mess with the new 400 dollar JDM set that I just bought...

Do you have any more pictures of the fitment? I remember you saying that it was a bit taller so you had to shave some of the mount? I wouldn't want to mess with the new 400 dollar JDM set that I just bought...

+1

and did you find the sub control??

What about EQ.... how much of adjustment is there?(I know you posted there was adjustment, but how much)

It has bass and treble and eq preset like rock, pop, jazz, etc... still can't find the sub controller.

Thanks for the review on this. I was looking at these for my third gen since it has room for the double din. Didn't know about the quality though. Looks like I know what I am getting now though.

• 4 weeks later...

I, too, have taken the plunge on one of these eBay specials. I got tired of waiting to find an OEM 2007+ replacement and I ain't paying $500+ for it when I can get SO much more for SO much less ;) ....

I have ordered the following and will install when the AVO parts arrive (:icon_quesAnybody have any guesses on recent shipping times by AVO JDM from Japan? It was shipped from Tokyo on 6/9):

So, I am hoping to get it all in and working before the big trip. Will post pics of the install, as well.

MAJOR PROPS TO SVXdc FOR HIS ASSISTANCE WITH THIS PROJECT! VERY QUICK TURNAROUND ON HIS PRODUCTS AND KNOWS HIS STUFF COLD.

HE IS...THE SUBIE WIRING GOD! :woowoo:

I don't get no love for figuring it out?

All the thanks goes to your because of your hard work and peer pressure. You got me off the fence and on to this new adventure. Also thanks to Racer X Engineering for giving me a tax write off for buying all this stuff.;):lol:

Anyone ever find sub level control?

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

lol I wish I new you were getting rid of your old set up before racer x donated it to climber d...

PM me. You know I got you.;)

I don't have volume control on my steering as its an 05, how annoying/livable is it to raise and lower volume on that unit. It looks like small buttons on the lower row ?

I have a 5 spd and I don't have any problem.

Archived