Cayman S

Power: 295 HP

Top Speed: 275 kph

Performance: 0-100 kph in 5.4 sec

Max. Torque: 340 Nm between 4400 and 6000 rpm

Price tag in Germany incl. 16% VAT: 58529 Euro

The Cayman S has 18'' wheels and PSM as standard

PASM and Tiptronic S are available as options

Variocam Plus comes with the engine, this seems to indicate the probability that the Cayman S engine is based on the 996 M96 engine

Opel GT

http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/photography_pics/joans_cars_opel.jpg

Saab Sonnet

http://www.tocmp.com/pix/Europe/Saab/images/sonett-6_jpg.jpg

Porsche Boxster that mated with an Audi TT

There's got to be what...5-8 cars out in the last

5 years that have basically used the Audi TT as it's design inspiration.

The new Mitsu Eclipse (at least the back 1/4) is yet another.

It's also scary how closely it resembles that old Opel GT.

And is it just me. or are the rear wheels smaller than the fronts?

Looks ackward and too small. Porsche either needs to increase the size of the rear wheels or

make the wheel arches smaller.

This is one of those cars I would have to see in person. Not very excited about the wheels.

I do know that this is going to be one hell of a track car. I saw in road and track where the boxster S out handled the 911S, and thats a convertable!! Will be interesting what the cayman pulls in the skid pad.

a complete blend of everything good taken from a 911 and the Boxter, hence a nice safe design but not at all original. There is talk however of a Porsche super-sedan that will be over $120K US and will rock the world. I don't know if this is a rumour/ lie or not though...

....I would dry hump that car

+1 !!!!! (maybe)

I know that this is a tremendously sexist thing to say, but as my lovely wife and all of my closest car-nut friends well-know, one of the reasons why I've loved certain Porches and Ferraris is because their rear-quarter views reminds me of the part that I love best about women - the curvature stretching from their waist to just past their rump.

:p

The rear view on this car (and I really wish it wasn't named the Cayman) just has me drooling. I think I could spend an entire day rubbing and polishing just that rear quarter section...... Look at how that thing flows.

But honestly, I think I'd need to wait to see the car in-person. Something just doesn't seem all-together in the photos - seems kinda distorted in perspective.

-----------

I know, my Talon's section there is pretty wide - I just thought of her as J-Lo. ;) And as for Winky. Well, she's the nice, MILF type. Fully dressed, who knows what lurks under that sevelt suit. ;)

Hum.....I hope my Sara doesn't find this thread. She'll make me sell Winky, too!

:eek:

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Hmmm...and I thought I am posting something about Porsche's newest car (coupe) design in like 10 years. Next thing I learn is that it is sooo HAWT :eek: that people would dry hump it and select members here find the car's rear as as good looking or even better than that of their significant others* Well...too much info...

Hey, I didn't say that I liked the Cayman's rear end better than my wifey's!

:)

Just that my wife would be jealous to know I've been lookin'! :lol:

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Ohhhhhh......

If I'd tried that, my wife would definitely slap me silly.

I still would like to eat dinner with her every night this coming week, as well as NOT sleep in the dog house (translation: couch - thank God we're still in our apartment, and that I don't have a dog, yet).

Sara, wifey, I -love- you. :lol: <----- in case she's reading

-A

You guys are going to be the death of me......

I'm not a fan of the exhaust placement on the Boxster and now the Cayman. Having a single exhaust right in the middle reminds of an anus...

Which I guess fits in perfectly well with the person who thought the rear end reminded him of a woman's behind :)

I want so much to love this car. It should be right up my alley. I just can't quite make myself like the rear quarter windows. The roof does look quite thick, but I am sure that is just the curvature.

Performance wise, I am sure this thing will be a cracker.

I am not sure if I would prefer the utmost balance and sheer focus of a mid-engined two seater, but the new 997 Carrera 4S (and likely the upcoming 997 Turbo) just looks so much better, even though it is heavier, and the engine is on the far side of the rear axle.

anand,

ROFL :lol: Typing in your screen-name after having just read your wonderful post truly made my morning. :)

Point well-taken.

Although, truly.....

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SHOCKER!

...holy cow, where the -heck- did -that- come from?

-A ;)

Archived