LegacyGT.com

What would you trade your Subaru for?

Just to throw in a curve ball to keep things lively in here I have always wondered what car would make me walk away from my beloved Legacy.

While I have no plans to do so, i find myself liking (cosmetically) odd cars that I would never think I would like. So i was talking to a co-worker about this topic at random and I told him I would give up my Legacy for a new Camaro :eek: but I know I would never for functional purposes i.e. snow, groceries, ikea :lol:

My list of cars that I like that i would trade/sell my legacy for oddly enough:

Ford Fusion :redface:

Newer Saab 9-5

Benz 300 C

New Camaro 1/2 SS all black everything, gfx kit exhaust

Acura TSX :eek:

Toyota Camry SE :eek: (the sporty looking one all black of course)

Evo X (all white black wheels and grille and the 5MT not that shitty 6EAT)

Volvo S40

BE Legacy GT (all black or light green/champagne with blk interios 5MT)

07+ LGT

09+ WRX

11 STi Sedan (White or Black)

05 WRB STi with SSR's and raked stance and cams and a mid car spolier

Non practical cars:

Porsche GT 2 or 3

Corvette ZR1

2000-04 Beefed up Mustang

3500 Chevy Silverado Duramax Diesel

In actuality ill keep my 2.5i for another year b/c I just love her and keep my eyes peeled for a one owner 08/09 OBP LGT and go that route. I do think ill buy a 05-07 STi one day as a fun car.

How about you guys?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Volvo V50

BMW 328i Wagon

Acura TSX Wagon

Pretty much the only three I would consider right now and in that order. But the nearest Acura dealership is over 100 miles away so that pretty much eliminates that from consideration. Having a wagon is a non-negotiable requirement for the wife and I so my options are very limited. VW/Audi are off the table because of my horrible last experience with VW reliability and dealer service.

Freakin' fat-ass, image concious Americans and their obsession with faux SUV poser mobiles has pretty much ruined the auto market for me.

Depends. Probably would consider a trade + a good bit of cash for a 2003 E39 M-Sport Touring. I have my reasons why.

If a new car, probably a CTS-V wagon or something.

OOO, if we ever get it in the USA (which we wont), I'd trade in a heartbeat for an Audi RS3.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

There's only one new car that I'd trade my 5MT LGT wagon in for:

CTS-V wagon 6 MT. :wub:

However, if my car were to be destroyed or stolen, I'd also consider the following replacements:

WRX Limited 5-door 5MT

WRX STI 5-door 6MT

Audi A4 Avant, regrettably only available w/ an autobox.

Audi A6 Avant, also available only w/ an automatic.

Newest Acura TL with re-freshed face.

Used Pontiac G8.

Ah yes I would like G8 nothing like a LS3 :) And the new TL is leaps and bounds better looking that the alien stinging insect of the previous generation

06/07 WRX/STi

08/09 Spec B/GT

68CJ Mustang Fastback

06/07 Forester XT MT

and BTW, I had a buddy that traded in his 2010 Camaro RS/SS for a 11 WRX (He had it for 4-6 months).

He either put a lot of money down to start OR paid big payment OR knows somebody that knows somebody to do that and not get pinched with neg equity.

That is a good trade though I really like the 11 WRX and STi body I think it is second to the BL body in my book :)

Depends. Probably would consider a trade + a good bit of cash for a 2003 E39 M-Sport Touring. I have my reasons why.

If a new car, probably a CTS-V wagon or something.

OOO, if we ever get it in the USA (which we wont), I'd trade in a heartbeat for an Audi RS3.

Speaking of wagons the only wagon style I like oddly enough are BPs, BH and 08/09 OBXTs

I wonder what drives people to specify wagons only? Dogs, kids, gravel :lol:

2011 Challenger RT 5.7 with track pac would be my 1st choice.

2011 Volvo S60

2011 Kia Optima turbo

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd 5.7

Challenger that i would never expect and the Kia is nice ive looked at one and under the hood I could respect that :)

does it have to be certain price range? if not we all wouldnt mind porche, gtr, zr1, shelby, m3,m5, LFA, and etc.

price range:

Acura TL ShAwd

Forester

Sti

EVO

M45

something with AWD/4x4 since i have one now

I would say there are the realistic cars like your EVO and then potentially far reaching cars like the LFA :lol: Which is sweet but it is still a $300K lexus

I wonder what drives people to specify wagons only? Dogs, kids, gravel :lol:

Dogs somewhat, but mostly because sedans make no sense. Why severely comprimise cargo holding ability when you don't have to? SUVs I somewhat understand but sedans? Sedans are pointless. Try bringing home a 50" plasma in a sedan. My wagon swallowed it up with room to spare. We also only want and need to have one car, so it needs to be versatile, no sedan can replace the utility of our wagon.

My other requirement is our vehicle has to be somewhat fun to drive, that pretty much eliminates all SUV/CUVs.

some good picks here but also some random ones

i would probably chose pretty much the same vehicles that have been listed:

volvo V50

volvo S40

bmw 328xi

acura tsx (maybe, not fan of the newer style)

but in all honesty i'll prob just end up getting an impreza or consider the forester/outback for my next vehicle. for the price, AWD, safety, and OK reliability, can't really be beat.

the volvo V50/S40 is due for a refresh so i'd probably wait for the new one but i'm not really sure what's in store for volvo with geely ownership

04.5 - 07 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 5.9L Cummins - Auto or manual, <75K mile

2011 F250 crew cab with new Scorpion 6.6L diesel motor

Any well built Fummins (Ford cab/chassis with Cummins engine transplant) with common rail 03+ 5.9L

06-09 Spec. B

Ford F150 Raptor crew cab 6.2L (400+HP, Baja ready)

11 WRX STI sedan (white)

Acura TL SHAWD

Volvo S40

2011 Mustang 5.0L (400+HP)

G8 (but it's GM)

GMC 2500HD Duramax (Year?, still it's a GM product)

Fusion Sport AWD VG 265HP-(Almost bought instead of LGT)

Wifes 07 FJ Cruiser with addition TRD supercharger or a V8, snorkel, bumper, lift, tires, and better MPG or

I really love my leggy but if it keeps breaking down its going to have to go. here's my list.

2010 STi wagon

07 Spec B

Evo 9 or 10

08 BMW M3

I plan to buy one of these once I'm out of college. Only 3 more years to go :lol:

Dogs somewhat, but mostly because sedans make no sense. Why severely comprimise cargo holding ability when you don't have to? SUVs I somewhat understand but sedans? Sedans are pointless. Try bringing home a 50" plasma in a sedan. My wagon swallowed it up with room to spare. We also only want and need to have one car, so it needs to be versatile, no sedan can replace the utility of our wagon.

My other requirement is our vehicle has to be somewhat fun to drive, that pretty much eliminates all SUV/CUVs.

I fit a 47" plus my kid in a child seat and a metal stand for the lcd in my Sedan...

47" is not 50.

The amount of stuff I've put in my wagon kind of turns me off to a sedan ever again.

Oh, another I'd consider is the Merc E63 AMG Avant.

Gire - I've driven the new 535i. It's quite a trip. VERY smooth, and the front end feels so light (in a good GT type way). I still prefer the 7-series, especially with the twin-turbo V8, but it was a really nice car.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived