LegacyGT.com

What would you trade your Subaru for?

Dogs somewhat, but mostly because sedans make no sense. Why severely comprimise cargo holding ability when you don't have to? SUVs I somewhat understand but sedans? Sedans are pointless. Try bringing home a 50" plasma in a sedan. My wagon swallowed it up with room to spare. We also only want and need to have one car, so it needs to be versatile, no sedan can replace the utility of our wagon.

My other requirement is our vehicle has to be somewhat fun to drive, that pretty much eliminates all SUV/CUVs.

I see your point, a wagon is practical and I put my 55" Viera Series 8 HDTV in my BL, granted it wasn't in the box :lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm loving the newest 535i BMW. Beautiful stying and great turbo 6.

That, or a new A6 wagon, with its 3.0T.

Both out of my price range though...

I don't think ive seen a 535i but then again i wouldn't know unless I read the badge :redface:

A6 wagon that's boosted could provide interesting shopping trips :lol:

Wagons are totally fine but not everyone wants to push a wagon around town unless maybe it is a LGT wagon or an OBXT with a nice exhaust. Maybe when im older ill dig up a 80's Ford LTD Wagon or maybe even a Caprice Wagon :lol: I think one could fit an entire legacy inside :eek:

some good picks here but also some random ones

i would probably chose pretty much the same vehicles that have been listed:

volvo V50

volvo S40

bmw 328xi

acura tsx (maybe, not fan of the newer style)

but in all honesty i'll prob just end up getting an impreza or consider the forester/outback for my next vehicle. for the price, AWD, safety, and OK reliability, can't really be beat.

the volvo V50/S40 is due for a refresh so i'd probably wait for the new one but i'm not really sure what's in store for volvo with geely ownership

I wouldn't hold your breath on a refresh of the V50/S40. I believe that Ford owns that platform so this may be your last chance to get a Volvo wagon in the states. The only wagon left may soon be the Acura TSX. That is if they decide to continue to offer it after they sell the 4000 slated for this model year. That is one of the reasons I am considering getting a V50 or 328i as I may never be able to find a wagon replacement for my Legacy. All of the other "wagons" like the Impreza are really just hatch backs and not proper wagons.

^^ You got me beat there :lol:

And why would Ford degrade Volvo by cutting wagons from the lineup?

IMHO Volvo does more for Ford that the other way around. But I imagine Ford has the power to spread their product out to more corners of the earth.

One other vehicle I would get out of my legacy for is sporty Venza WOW! :eek: yeah i saw one today on the way in to the office and it had smoked wheels and tint and was black i saw myself in the driver seat. (in the reflection :lol: )

the new Bugatti Super Sport has a top speed of 268 that is electronically limtied to save the tires. They claim it can go faster. but in all reality, i would take the Grand Sport Convertable. I just need about 3 million. 2 mill to buy and another mill to ship the thing. but i would still keep my OBXT

Challenger that i would never expect and the Kia is nice ive looked at one and under the hood I could respect that :)

Yes, the Challenger is one of those cars you want but don't need. I'm a sucker for those Hemi's, especially the VVT 5.7. I grew up on V8 muscle, it's just in my blood. :)

^^ You got me beat there :lol:

And why would Ford degrade Volvo by cutting wagons from the lineup?

IMHO Volvo does more for Ford that the other way around. But I imagine Ford has the power to spread their product out to more corners of the earth.

Ford doesn't own Volvo anymore, Geely does. Volvo is cutting out wagons in the US because they don't sell here. People would rather have ridiculous CUVs like the Venza and Crosstour that have a poser pretense of off road ability.

One other vehicle I would get out of my legacy for is sporty Venza WOW! :eek: yeah i saw one today on the way in to the office and it had smoked wheels and tint and was black i saw myself in the driver seat. (in the reflection :lol: )

There is NOTHING sporty about a Venza. It's a Camry with 20" wheels and 600lbs of flab. A Camry handles and accelerates better....ugh.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't hold your breath on a refresh of the V50/S40. I believe that Ford owns that platform so this may be your last chance to get a Volvo wagon in the states. The only wagon left may soon be the Acura TSX. That is if they decide to continue to offer it after they sell the 4000 slated for this model year. That is one of the reasons I am considering getting a V50 or 328i as I may never be able to find a wagon replacement for my Legacy. All of the other "wagons" like the Impreza are really just hatch backs and not proper wagons.

yeah i have the same feeling it with regards to the V50

there is also the VW passat wagon which i forgot to add to my list, is that sold in the US ? i would consider a TDI version if they woudl bring it over here. however, i don't know if the wagon exists in the 2012+ platform

I wonder what drives people to specify wagons only? Dogs, kids, gravel :lol:

For a performance car enthusiast who also likes outdoor sports (mountain biking, snowboarding, etc.), a sporty wagon is like having your cake and eating it too. I also like wagons because they look great w/ bike or ski racks on them, while sedans or coupes w/ racks just look silly. :lol:

You referring to the "junk in my trunk"? :lol: And the term "haulin' ass" started with wagons... or maybe not...just pulled that out of there too.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Can I trade my subaru for another subaru?

Dream car would be a 08-09 legacy wagon/outback with the diesel engine and 5mt/6mt or 5eat if I was lazy.

That or just a 5th gen wagon. I can dream can't I?

yeah i have the same feeling it with regards to the V50

there is also the VW passat wagon which i forgot to add to my list, is that sold in the US ? i would consider a TDI version if they woudl bring it over here. however, i don't know if the wagon exists in the 2012+ platform

The Passat wagon is not all that fun to drive, more like a Buick than a BMW. The Jetta is much better in that regard and can be had with a TDI but is pretty slow. But then you have the whole VW reliability and dealer service to deal with which ruins the deal for me. My 2006 Legacy is much more engaging to drive than the 2001 Passat I traded in for it was. This was the most pleasant surprise during the test drive as I was thinking I would have to give up dynamics for reliability in the deal.

ahhh i see

i also would want an audi A4 wagon......but i'm hesitant due to reliability issues.

also random and OT, but i think i would actually consider getting a nissan leaf and then a completely impractical car on the weekends, like a lotus elise.

Archived