LegacyGT.com

New Impreza face!

EvoFire

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the most hideous vehicle, but I don't know if I like it yet. I think the main goal Subaru had in mind was to maintain subaru heritage in terms of awd, but market their car more against it's competitors by improving fuel economy. I think they have met their main goal. I can only imagine sales of the vehicles are drastically going to increase especially in the wintery states.

Now all of us on the other hand are generally looking for a performance oriented vehicle while maintaining good looks. If the wrx/STi can offer all of subaru's goals while making it look good, we have a winner. I just don't know what they'll have to do to make the car look stunning. I personally think the current wrx/STi sedan's are bulky and hideous. I would personally never buy the car just because it's small.

I can't wait to hear the screams and yells once the WRX/Sti variants come out...oh it's going to be bad!

Just wait until it's known how weak the FB engine is in stock form and how many parts will have to be upgraded to make power levels a stock block EJ can do.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

http://www.datapple.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/5d7c3_2012-subaru-impreza-wagon.jpg

I like the resemblance to the Pontiac Vibe. In fact I feel the looks of the STI will be based on it.

I went to the car show yesterday here are a few pics of the new Impreza Hatch Up close. Sorry for the crappy cell pics the wife stole the camera...

Thinking of concidering Trading in my LGT for this... Something about 36 mpg makes my wallet smile...

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii305/pvirga88/2011-04-23_10-38-49_297.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii305/pvirga88/2011-04-23_10-39-33_74.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii305/pvirga88/2011-04-23_10-39-15_258.jpghttp://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii305/pvirga88/2011-04-23_10-39-04_234.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics. What did you think of it in person? I know what you mean about the mpg - I have a 2008 3.0R that is thirsty in the city and in mixed city/hwy. Yesterday stopped by a Ford dealer and briefly looked at the new Focus hatch in person. I just wanted to see it as Ford is using a direct injection 2.0 liter in it as well as a six speed dual clutch for the automatic. Gotta give it to them for the technology update. Don't think I want to give up awd, otherwise I'd be in a Jetta sportwagen.

Thanks for posting the pics. What did you think of it in person? I know what you mean about the mpg - I have a 2008 3.0R that is thirsty in the city and in mixed city/hwy. Yesterday stopped by a Ford dealer and briefly looked at the new Focus hatch in person. I just wanted to see it as Ford is using a direct injection 2.0 liter in it as well as a six speed dual clutch for the automatic. Gotta give it to them for the technology update. Don't think I want to give up awd, otherwise I'd be in a Jetta sportwagen.

The car in person looked 100% better than in the photo's online... It's a little bigger than the current impreza probably the illusion of the new body style. The interior also has more options.. Like Leather!!! Which opened up my eyes a bit and got me more interested... The roof rack is integrated like the Forester not the removable ones they currently have... and since it's like the forester the air flow on the roof rack will not be as noisy cause there is nothing to block it... probably adding the the MPG counter with the new engine... They didn't have one available to sit in which was disapointing but I am pretty sure the dealers will have them by late summer and that is when I am going to try to take one out for a test drive... They claimed that the body of the car is lighter as well as the engine so I want to see how peppy it actually is...

Personally HP and TQ is not a deal breaker for me anyways... I need either AWD or 4WD with decent gas mileage... a hatch it a plus... I do a lot of fishing, camping and hiking and have a bunch of equipment to lug around... my Legacy was a car that I thought was going to help out in the wallet after my GMC Sierra but it's starting to be more of a pain... that is why I am looking... Plus I need something more family oriented... and less sporty... the wife and I are trying to have a little one.. :)

My second choice in a car/crossover is a Jeep Patriot... 21/29 MPG's and they are reasonably priced as well... the one I was looking at with a 5-speed tranny was only $23,000 4x4 fully loaded. If the impreza is cheaper then I will most likely get the impreza...

But all in all teh car was Really Nice at least for my taste... :)

i wasn't all that impressed. was there yesterday too. not one turbo legacy and the crowd on the WRX and STI..... kept on walking. did notice the new subarus have the amplifier under the hood. odd...

Was a little dissapointed in that as well but with the rising gas prices everything was geared towards Fuel Efficency...

How was the parking for you? I got charged $75.00 bucks in the lot right across the street from when the sign said $50.55 for Special Event Parking... WTF... They said since my car was full size the price is different... Ridiculous...

My trip to the show...

$75.00 - Parking

$30.00 - Round trip Gas

$34.00 - Two Entry Tickets

$20.00 - Food & Drink

$159.00 - Total

Just to look at some stupid cars...

Shit you do for fun Huh... You got to Love NY... :lol:

Was a little dissapointed in that as well but with the rising gas prices everything was geared towards Fuel Efficency...

How was the parking for you? I got charged $75.00 bucks in the lot right across the street from when the sign said $50.55 for Special Event Parking... WTF... They said since my car was full size the price is different... Ridiculous...

My trip to the show...

$75.00 - Parking

$30.00 - Round trip Gas

$20.00 - Food & Drink

$159.00 - Total

damn and I thought $15-20 downtown LA parking was expensive

And if you had parked elsewhere and taken a taxi?

With that price it could have been worth it to do.an illegal parking as long as the car wasn't going to get towed.

Anyway - the Impreza isn't far from a 4th gen Legacy. The main difference seems to be the cargo area which is smaller than the 4th gen Legacy.

453747.png

My trip to the show...

$75.00 - Parking

$30.00 - Round trip Gas

$20.00 - Food & Drink

$159.00 - Total

lmao, that's why i don't drive to NY. take the ferry that drops you off EXACTLY 2 blocks away. parking was $10. ferry was $8.50 each way, tickets $14. ate before i left and went to Outback after for $40.30

$112 total plus tolls came to like $7.

less than $120 and i had WAY better food lmao. Next time, drive to the Port imperial ferry in Weehawken. drops you behind the Javitts Center. they shuttle you there for free too.

With that price it could have been worth it to do.an illegal parking as long as the car wasn't going to get towed.

Anyway - the Impreza isn't far from a 4th gen Legacy. The main difference seems to be the cargo area which is smaller than the 4th gen Legacy.

Echo Echo Echo.

lmao, that's why i don't drive to NY. take the ferry that drops you off EXACTLY 2 blocks away. parking was $10. ferry was $8.50 each way, tickets $14. ate before i left and went to Outback after for $40.30

$112 total plus tolls came to like $7.

less than $120 and i had WAY better food lmao. Next time, drive to the Port imperial ferry in Weehawken. drops you behind the Javitts Center. they shuttle you there for free too.

Don't live in NJ and there is No Ferry up by me...

Plus I will rather pay more money and take my chances driving down that Take a Ferry on the Hudson and Possilbly sink...

Archived