LegacyGT.com

New Impreza face!

EvoFire

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, I thought it very much resemble the BP/BL generation of Legacy's fascia. I think dressing the grille surround and a few other bits in chrome helped alot, especially when compared to OP's pics.

Totally digging it for now. Will reserve final judgment upon seeing it in RL.

I'm preliminarily diggin' the new 5-door too:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2012-subaru-impreza-5-door/

I think it looks much better in these AutoBlog photos. More svelte somehow in it's natural (road) environment. Definitely some Subaru branding and nods to the 4th and 5th Gen Legacy (BL/BP, BM/BR)
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I still wanna know what's up with going back to reflector lights - both headlights & fogs. Are they really that much cheaper than projectors? Even if the light output isn't that much greater, they still look higher end.
Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I still wanna know what's up with going back to reflector lights - both headlights & fogs. Are they really that much cheaper than projectors? Even if the light output isn't that much greater, they still look higher end.

The new jetta did the same thing. I think the Mazda3 is the only vehicle left in this segment with projectors.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Man....I thought I'd never say this about a Subaru, but I REALLY, REALLY HATE THIS DESIGN!!!! Maybe it'll grow on me but this looks so cheap to me. Those wagon photos look so awkward with the wheels seeming to be eaten up and extra tiny when compared to the side of the car (almost suv like).

It's better than the 5th gen Legacy but the exaggerated fender flares/wheel arches kind of ruin it for me. I still like my 4th gen Legacy better!

Well for me, I'd take the 5th gen leggy over that. I think this impreza looks like a cross between the new taurus and a focus.....Gross!:)

Specifically "the most fuel-efficient gasoline engine all-wheel drive passenger car in America."

Using fueleconomy.gov's power search, for MY2011 AWD/4WD vehicles, there are only 5 vehicles that beat its city mileage, all hybrid crossovers (Lexus RX 450h, Escape/Tribute/Mariner hybrids, Highlander hybrid). They are just shy of the Impreza's combined rating, and lag behind its highway rating significantly. (Assuming it's 30 mpg combined, based on other cars making 27/36.)

The closest actual car (excluding crossovers/SUVs) is the Legacy, at 23/31.

Not sure how this list changes for MY2012, apart from the new Impreza.

HAHA....now you Impreza owners know what the Legacy owners felt like a few years back. The general feeling around the current Legacy never came around...I doubt Impreza owners disappointment (style wise) will 'come around' either.

I can't wait to hear the screams and yells once the WRX/Sti variants come out...oh it's going to be bad!

HAHA....now you Impreza owners know what the Legacy owners felt like a few years back. The general feeling around the current Legacy never came around...I doubt Impreza owners disappointment (style wise) will 'come around' either.

I can't wait to hear the screams and yells once the WRX/Sti variants come out...oh it's going to be bad!

Impreza owners hate every single iteration of the Impreza since the GC. It will be nothing new. This Impreza is leaps and bounds better received than the 2008 was.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You know, to me it's not horrible but not great. I hate the new exaggerated wheel arch theme. And the car's got too many sharp angles. Also, it doesn't look as sleek as the concept - guess they had to raise the roof for headroom. But I do like it better than the current Legacy.

The 4th gen Legacy remains the only Subaru I can think of where the first time I saw it I said, damn, that's a nice looking car!

You know, to me it's not horrible but not great. I hate the new exaggerated wheel arch theme. And the car's got too many sharp angles. Also, it doesn't look as sleek as the concept - guess they had to raise the roof for headroom. But I do like it better than the current Legacy.

The 4th gen Legacy remains the only Subaru I can think of where the first time I saw it I said, damn, that's a nice looking car!

100% agreement on all points.

Archived