LegacyGT.com

What gauge pod would you like designed for the Legacy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
I would love to see a computerized heads up display on the front windshield just right or left of steering wheel.

VBG1 is pretty close to that... ;)

All others, like myself are best served with something less obtrusive

VBG1 isn't too obtrusive... ;)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/vent-boost-gauge-digital-led-bars-numerics-125083.html

Just sayin'.

I've always liked the placement of the STI gauges in the upper center console (after the JDM DIM retrofit).. but I don't like how the gauge holder is flat, I'd rather it cocked a bit towards the driver for a better view angle..

• I Donated
I get that the VBG1 is good, it looks awesome. Many people just do not like digital gauges and would like more than just one.

It's actually two gauges in one. I'm using it for boost and oil pressure. But I'll stop talking posting in this thread about it now.

the windshild is not special.. for hud..

i have a 94 bonneville with that .. its just simple reflection. and doesn't need to be complicated. how ever a retrofit kit for some thing like that ? uh .. could be done..

i too have the extra gage cluster thing wanna have . but at this point i have a lcd touch screen with my megasquirt and i will put that in the location of the little upper compartment.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyMEls4JXbk&feature=related]YouTube - LCDash and Megasquirt (MSnS-E) in a Scirocco[/ame]

this can display like 4 gages at once .. and as always the firm ware will be updates again and again to be able to display more gages and in diffrent ways ..

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Not to get too off topic but those windshields do have a reflective coating and a anti-reflective coating on the outer portion. If they did not have these two coatings you would have two images. One image would reflect off of the inside of the glass and the second off of the outside which creates a ghosting effect. This ghosting is proportionate to the angle and thickness of the glass....bigger angle and thicker glass equal a larger ghosting effect. You also need to ensure the the image is focused at infinity in order to allow the driver the ability to not have to focus separately on two different items. Obviously this is handled through software and a series of lenses.....I am no expert but this is the best I can do to describe it.

UPDATE: Finishing up on final fitment sometime tomorrow.....decided pics could wait, I might put it on hold for a day or two so I can finish up my car and get it running....might be nice!

Scott G

[

What I want does exist in some forms. Edge CTS comes to mind.

Anyone have something like this PLX device at http://www.plxdevices.com/multigauges.html

or even better but less refined

http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DT-DashDAQ

What I need for those is a trim ring/mount kit to fit it in the cubby hole above the radio. That and a cheaper price.

I want boost with peak hold (multiple), EGT, A/F maybe.

I also like the dash pod like post 7 but as mentioned mounted on right hand side on cluster.

Still, there is something about the sweep of a quick responding of a true physical needle that excites me!

I looked at some of those units that plugged into the OBDII port and the thing I am most concerned about is the update lag.. or the .5sec update intervals.. I like nice and smooth sweeping and information, probably read at around 1/60ths of a sec.. I guess it just depends on the unit on how fast it pulls from the ECM but if its jumpy, I don't want it.

I looked at some of those units that plugged into the OBDII port and the thing I am most concerned about is the update lag.. or the .5sec update intervals.. I like nice and smooth sweeping and information, probably read at around 1/60ths of a sec.. I guess it just depends on the unit on how fast it pulls from the ECM but if its jumpy, I don't want it.

Exactly why I said this

Still, there is something about the sweep of a quick responding of a true physical needle that excites me!

The PLX as I understand it doesn't use the ODBII port. It is based off sensor modules. Hence, you still install probes. This should provide near the analog gauge type response but with digital display and other features. I am not sure what the update rate via the OBDII port would max out at. I don't think's it's that fast. Then again if it's a CAN-BUS system it might be faster.

I believe the DashDaq thing can use some PLX modules too.

• 1 month later...

Late to the party but I would do something similar to the Perrin mouse ears gauge, only a more blended mount that flowed more with the lines of the steering column cover, enclosed the back of the gauge, and positioned them out a little farther on each side as well.

http://legacygt.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=308&sort=2&cat=all&page=1

Archived