LegacyGT.com

Babybalugas build thread 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Header-uppipe-turbo-full exhaust, so I really don't even have a downpipe. On a single port 2.2

The downpipe in the picture above was just to my stock exhaust and skipped the cat altogether. With flexible exhaust tubing, which is ultra simple and I personally cant imagine dampens flow hardly at all. I started with flexible, went to steel. now im 50/50.

I made end links today, they're pretty darn snazzy!

• 1 month later...
  • I Donated

Not be be a dick, but you need to get REAL pipe instead of that contraption you have there. You're hurting yourself pretty bad with that.

With that being said - are you running engine management yet or still the stock ecu?

you should be running pipe like this

http://www.velocityfactor.net/prodimages/cobb-downpipe500.jpg

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/SUB-10013.jpg

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

You could probably take that to a local exhaust shop and have them bend you new pipe for less than $50

Have them use what you made as an example or w/e

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

What are you using to weld? Looks like a flux core mig? For welding exhaust I have found that a 220v stick with 3/32" 6011 seems to work weld for steel pipe. I use my miller 140 for tacking pipes together then pull out my miller thunderbolt to finish the welds. You will see much better welds and more penetration.

If you have any welding question shoot me with them, I have welded way to much in my short life lol

• I Donated

I've never done arc or tig...I've always done mig w/gas. Even with exhaust. Its messy if you're not use to it...but once you get use to it you can get some VERY clean welds.

I never was able to get clean welds using flux though.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

LOL. I tried not to say anything. but after that. geez. those are dang... ether you need diff type of welder. or need alot of practice before i'd even let you use anyhting you make on your car. And yes i'd drive and or fly and smake ya for trying. :D

I've never done arc or tig...I've always done mig w/gas. Even with exhaust. Its messy if you're not use to it...but once you get use to it you can get some VERY clean welds.

I never was able to get clean welds using flux though.

With stick you have better control of the filler material entering the puddle. You can use a thin rod and move at a good speed with exhaust and produce a clean weld.

I agree with the mig on exhaust, it just doesnt work to well

• 3 weeks later...
I just got a new job, so im going to buy my dads a4 1.8t. Chip it, upgraded turbo and injectors. Im still deciding. But it had its timing belt and the whole shabang replaced like 20k ago. Its no subaru in regards to maintaince, but i would LOVE to have bolt on turbo parts. It would be a pain to work on. Even to swap my front mount over seems to be a challenge.

• I Donated
I just got a new job, so im going to buy my dads a4 1.8t. Chip it, upgraded turbo and injectors. Im still deciding. But it had its timing belt and the whole shabang replaced like 20k ago. Its no subaru in regards to maintaince, but i would LOVE to have bolt on turbo parts. It would be a pain to work on. Even to swap my front mount over seems to be a challenge.

remove the bumper and core support....its called "service mode".

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• 5 months later...

This is my final Turbo video EVER :)

My legacy is just about stock with 8.5:1 compression...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP_aRA5xWXc&list=UUKZfhsP0pMj6hipPgGNSGfw&index=1&feature=plcp]Subaru legacy turbo - YouTube[/ame]

Archived