LegacyGT.com

Babybalugas build thread 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put the timing belt on and the Z1 and Z2 tooth count is off, but all the marks line up(more or less. Passhead does).

The drivers side head is off by half a tooth but it is impossible for it to be lined up perfectly because the sprockets alignment mark is on a tooth and so is the belt....

Im very confused by this. Could Gates have printed half a tooth off?

It was really hard to get the drivers head alignment to stay at the top. I think that valves are slightly pushed down?

The crankshaft alignment is on the mark.

Ok so I got it in and drove it about 10 miles.

The first problem was it was over heating. Swapped the thermostat and thats fixed.

The second and still existing is that 40% of the time when im taking off I can floor it and the rpms hardly move, and it will die. If it manages to not die and I shift it will do the same in every gear.

Can the pressure plate be to tight? Im pretty sure I torqued it right.

{{{{{{{{{{ It was the ECU being a tard ass, and the clutch not having enough free play.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD7uxnY9y9Q]skip forward to 1:30[/ame]

Soo... ive been pulling insanely fouled plugs for the last few days. Turns out my check engine light was out. Swapped in my airbag light and WHHAAAbam! Check engine light was on!

It was a P0102.. MAF low voltage

Bought MAF cleaner, cleared it and drove. It sounded beautiful for 3 miles, then the CEL came on again, but didnt run or sound bad. Is it bad and just worked for a bit? or do I need to reset my ecu and reclear it?

Nice job man glad everything went semi-well in the build. My old legacy had a check engine light for maf and ran like crap until i cleaned it and it ran better but light still stayed on. But it was a 1990 with obd1. Are u just using stock ecu? No piggyback?

So my light came on again and this time it was P0500

Vehicle Speed Sensor. My speedo isnt hooked up, im not sure if that causes a code or not.

The CEL also blinked 5 times maybe 6 and I didnt notice the first

Hmmmm I searched everywhere for the phone thing... Couldnt find it.

Everytime im on the highway, floor it (gets over 5k but not by much 65mph+) in 5th and then let off the gas, a HUGE flume of white/blueish cloud of smoke comes out.

1st 2nd 3rd going to red line does not do this, I cant speak for 4th.

Any ideas? Im scared to ask :/

I have a leak from my tranny that goes directly onto my header, but I dont think it is related. Turbo is not leaking on the outside.

Its confusing because 5k is 5k, 65mph or not, 1st or 5th.

I should add this was when my maf was dirty and 02's were clogged. fouled plugs too. Dont know if that matters. rich as can be.

• 2 weeks later...
Everytime im on the highway, floor it (gets over 5k but not by much 65mph+) in 5th and then let off the gas, a HUGE flume of white/blueish cloud of smoke comes out.

1st 2nd 3rd going to red line does not do this, I cant speak for 4th.

Any ideas? Im scared to ask :/

I have a leak from my tranny that goes directly onto my header, but I dont think it is related. Turbo is not leaking on the outside.

Its confusing because 5k is 5k, 65mph or not, 1st or 5th.

I should add this was when my maf was dirty and 02's were clogged. fouled plugs too. Dont know if that matters. rich as can be.

The first issue sounds like an oil leak. Turbo is probably leaking on the inside a little bit.

With the second issue, it's better than you're running rich instead of lean, even though you're probably going through gas like crazy.

The ECU is probably at the limits of what it can process with that turbocharger on...

I took my inlet hose off where it meets my intercooler. It was dripping oil! :D

Am I going to be disappointed in the spooling time of a td04? Is the wastegate at 14 psi or 10?

I start boost at 2k right now and dont really want to loose that! Will it bolt right onto my current up and downpipe?

Archived