LegacyGT.com

Babybalugas build thread 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was right before my FPR and I dont know why there was fog.... It was all the way around my car before I shut the car off.

It was freezing so perhaps it had something to do with the density of the gas vapors after hitting the ground had no where to go... idk, I just know the only possible thing to have created the fog was the gas!

• 4 weeks later...
Did you swap in a turbo 5mt or standard 5mt? Also, does this refute the whole open-deck=no turbo thing?

The EJ205 (WRX) is an open deck engine . The closed deck thing only really matters when you're trying to achieve big power. The internals are what need the most attention in the cases of forced induction.

To the OP: Your car really picks up under low boost. When does it kick in?

It spools at about 2200k and 2600k I would say it hits 10-12psi.

It is a n/a 5mt with about 255k :) from a 90 wagon. (it was free :D)!!

@Lojasmo, Ya :( it sucks .. :) Damn cold winters!

I got my fmu working but need to get a lower disc!

Im also getting a fmic for 250$$ Its not a pos either. :)

Did you swap in a turbo 5mt or standard 5mt? Also, does this refute the whole open-deck=no turbo thing?

I think people are stupid/ignorant when they say you cant turbo them. They say you can, but at lower psi levels.

Its true, but its alot of fun and ive learned a ton from it. "they" have no Fughking idea what they are talking about. :)

My tires break lose allthe time with 10psi, its so worth it to do. You dont have to have 20psi+ to have fun and have real speed.

Phase 2 ej22 I would say 5psi is the max, the pistons BLOW!!!! The rings are TINY.

Phase 1 ej22 pistons are alot better, but it has a few lower quality parts (water pump... etc)

I think its the pistons that are the weak point, not the actual block.

It spools at about 2200k and 2600k I would say it hits 10-12psi.

It is a n/a 5mt with about 255k :) from a 90 wagon. (it was free :D)!!

@Lojasmo, Ya :( it sucks .. :) Damn cold winters!

I got my fmu working but need to get a lower disc!

Im also getting a fmic for 250$$ Its not a pos either. :)

You live in WA. Shut it. :p

I think people are stupid/ignorant when they say you cant turbo them. They say you can, but at lower psi levels.

Its true, but its alot of fun and ive learned a ton from it. "they" have no Fughking idea what they are talking about. :)

My tires break lose allthe time with 10psi, its so worth it to do. You dont have to have 20psi+ to have fun and have real speed.

Phase 2 ej22 I would say 5psi is the max, the pistons BLOW!!!! The rings are TINY.

Phase 1 ej22 pistons are alot better, but it has a few lower quality parts (water pump... etc)

I think its the pistons that are the weak point, not the actual block.

Shit, I'd be plenty happy running 10psi. I'm used to the Ford Focus, you don't go much higher than 10psi with a Stage 2 kit lol. I say forged rods and pistons and crank up the boost :lol:

And I need to find me one of those free 5MTs lol. You got the whole swap setup for free?

Oh just was wondering if you're pretty much using all the turbo parts from a wrx (td04, uppipe, downpipe, TMIC, exhaust header, oil lines, etc). It seems to me that I could essentially take a stock turbo setup off a WRX and put it on the EJ22. Could obtain all the parts pretty cheaply too.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums

Oh just was wondering if you're pretty much using all the turbo parts from a wrx (td04, uppipe, downpipe, TMIC, exhaust header, oil lines, etc). It seems to me that I could essentially take a stock turbo setup off a WRX and put it on the EJ22. Could obtain all the parts pretty cheaply too.

The only wrx parts I have are injectors, struts, fuel pump, oil pump, and the turbo. And the tmic, which is a huge lunky pos!

Archived