LegacyGT.com

android Torque app

MDKSDMF

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This sounds interesting. I have a 7" android tablet on the way so I might have to investigate further!

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• 4 months later...
so what sensor do work with our cars/ecu?

I tried things like Oil Temperature, Oil Pressure, or even MPG, none of those really work...they just stay static

I currently monitor speed, timing advance, coolant temp, turbo boost, voltage. I know that 'engine load', engine rpm, intake air temperature do work. There are other ones that work I am pretty sure.

The oil info does not work, I assume, because our car uses an oil pressure switch (binary info) to check the pressure. Lame..

• 4 weeks later...

just want to confirm [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Elandpower-Bluetooth-Scanner-OBDII-Diagnostic/dp/B004B7YXOM/ref=pd_sim_auto_5]ELM 327 [/ame]works with 07+ cars

can't beet the price and it's free 2 day shipping for prime subcribers

Only one red led is on on the adapter, as for errors it just says not connected. Also, when I pair it to my phone it doesn't ask for the security code, I though that was strange.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

• 6 months later...
Has anyone noticed a big difference between the free version and pay for?

Yes there is a HUGE difference between the two. He updates the pay version weekly and pay is far more advanced also.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Took the plunge and bought the ELM327, paid Torque app, and the HTC Touch Pro A/V Cable (Better work for an EVO 4G). Plan on doing a custom install of an A/V selector switch because I already have a WDTV Live media center running to the OEM Navi screen opposed to a backup camera. I'll post pixors once it's complete and I figure out how to post pix correctly. I plan on doing a turning knob selector switch and build it on the side of the center console somewhere... hopefully it looks as good in application as it does in my mind.

I'm considering using my ipad3 for displaying gauges maps etc. has anyone come up with a program for tuning?

I have found rev and dash command, but I am not sure how tunable they are.

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

Archived