LegacyGT.com

android Torque app

MDKSDMF

The app can report just about everything, but it does not mean that our ECU does. At least, with the ELM327 bluetooth thingy I got on eBay there are quite a few items that are not reported. I will give a full report (with video also) as soon as I can.

Looking forward to your review. Obviously it won't give near as much info as the romraider logger but it is more convenient and can use it anytime on a whim. I can't decide whether I want this or not. Really don't think it would be of much utility but it might be fun... or it might be a pain in the ass.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking forward to your review. Obviously it won't give near as much info as the romraider logger but it is more convenient and can use it anytime on a whim. I can't decide whether I want this or not. Really don't think it would be of much utility but it might be fun... or it might be a pain in the ass.

^ don't think it'll be a pain in the behind. The app is really great, runs fast, and connects real quick to the ECU. My bluetooth thingy is constantly plugged and hidden under the dash (so I don't kick it). So no pain for me :)

For $5 on a mobile device, you really can't do much better

That's for sure. Each time I use it, I keep telling myself that I can't believe I just paid 5 bucks for such a high quality app.

I've been waiting for over a year now for the Torque developer to add support for SSM, which will give much faster updates and also more parameters.

One of the parameters I wanted to check and log was knock sense/correct, but it is not available at this time through OBDII on our cards.

I just use it for now to monitor water temp and a couple of other parameters. Am running cubby gauges for oil temp and pressure.

Torque FTW.

My droid tucks very nicely in the little cubby on the dash. I got the $50 scanner from Amazon. It's good and small and haven't had a problem except for connection problems when I've kicked it. It's not a problem, only happened a couple of times and I'm not going to bother moving the connector. Sunday afternoon I cleared a CEL on my wife's car and it was so easy I was disappointed- I thought I'd get to play with it for a couple of minutes and learn something. Wrong. I spent more time taking the OBD scanner out of my car and putting it into hers than I spent in Torque.

How fast is the refresh rate? 1Hz? Cause if it is 1Hz, then that's slow (i.e. gauge would get refreshed once per second).

I don't know how often it checks, but you can set the logging interval down to 0.1 seconds.

These are the sensors that Torque can display:

0-100kph time

0-60mph time

1/4 mile time

1/8 mile time

Acceleration sensor (total)

Acceleration sensor (x axis)

Acceleration sensor (y axis)

Acceleration sensor (z axis)

Ambient air temp

Barometric pressure

Catalyst temperatire (bank 1, sensor 1)

Catalyst temperatire (bank 1, sensor 2)

Catalyst temperatire (bank 2, sensor 1)

Catalyst temperatire (bank 2, sensor 2)

EGR commanded

EGR error

Engine coolant temperature

Engine load

Engine oil temperature

Engine RPM

Fuel level

Fuel pressure

Fuel rail pressure (diesel)

Fuel trim bank 1 long term

Fuel trim bank 1 sensor 1

Fuel trim bank 1 sensor 2

Fuel trim bank 1 sensor 3

Fuel trim bank 1 sensor 4

Fuel trim bank 1 short term

Fuel trim bank 2 long term

Fuel trim bank 2 sensor 1

Fuel trim bank 2 sensor 2

Fuel trim bank 2 sensor 3

Fuel trim bank 2 sensor 4

Fuel trim bank 2 short term

GPS accuracy

GPS altitude

GPS bearing

GPS satellites

GPS vs OBD speed difference

Horsepower

Intake air temperature Intake manifold pressure

Kilometers per litre

Kilometers per litre (average)

Litres per 100 kilometer

Litres per 100 kilometer (average)

Mass air flow rate

Miles per gallon (average)

Miles per gallon (instant)

O2 volts bank 1 sensor 1

O2 volts bank 1 sensor 2

O2 volts bank 1 sensor 3

O2 volts bank 1 sensor 4

O2 volts bank 2 sensor 1

O2 volts bank 2 sensor 2

O2 volts bank 2 sensor 3

O2 volts bank 2 sensor 4

Speed (GPS)

Speed (OBD)

Throttle position

Timing advance

Torque

Transmission temperature (method 1)

Transmission temperature (method 2)

Trip distance

Turbo boost & vacuum gauge

Voltage (control module)

Voltage (OBD adapter)

The default dash (it gives you seven screens that you can flip between) has six round gauges on it, and that's awfully busy. There are several types of display. Here are Dial (Round), Graph, Dial (Meter) and Digital Display. There are three sizes, and these are the small ones.http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=100523&d=1306292055

Each type is useful in different ways. Note that the three displays that give hard numbers are all off a bit- it looks like there's a little slop between all the widgets taking readings from the car. That's going to happen, and the revs were fluctuating- I had just started the car so that the gauges would have something to read for the screenshot.

This is the screen I'm using at the moment- when I'm driving hard I don't need extra gauges, but when I'm in a long line of cars I use it to keep from wasting gas on their terms. I know I complained about the default dash being too crowded and then came up with this, but it's actually very clear. I can watch the metered gauges without having to look at the screen and they still show up well. The others wouldn't be as effective as gauges and they don't need as much attention. I'm happy with it.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=100524&d=1306292608

While I don't really care about my 0-60 or 1/4 times (I don't drive 60 and I don't live 1/4 mile from work, there are a few stretches of road where I'd really enjoy logging my X Y and Z axes. :icon_chee

Torque05.thumb.jpg.76a5c2737de25c6d1bc8a66103ad14e0.jpg

Dash1.thumb.jpg.83f136ecdffef01a939c09d053b2eef4.jpg

Kind of. I got [ame=http://www.amazon.com/XiTech-Bluetooth-Droid-Torque-Compatible/dp/B004HF7WLO/]Amazon.com: XiTech XR7 Bluetooth ELM, Droid, & Torque Compatible: Automotive[/ame], which looks like the same thing except it specifies Droid & Torque compatible and costs $5 more. Another marketing success, I guess.

applanet FTW

YES! the people at sprint put applanet on my phone! idk i guess they like me there hahahaha and id been paying every week before for apps cause im a phone geek. heres the ebay dongle i went with

IMAG1015.thumb.jpg.c72d9573dd13932cd5ce2f11fc194757.jpg

i used it for the first time today. its definately a handy device if u wanna see whats going on with your car and to check/clear a code. i havent used the logger yet and i wish i had the ability to monitor my oil without getting a real gauge. It seems a bit laggy but accurate. I recommend it especially for those long distance drives when anything could happen and u need to tap into ur cars computer real quick.

hahaha idk yet. i have research to do on the parameters that the app can pull up. some of the stuff i dont know :lol: i was hoping for oil info of some sort but the car doesnt supply that sensor or whatever

• I Donated
i was hoping for oil info of some sort but the car doesnt supply that sensor or whatever

The only oil-related sensor our engines have is the pressure switch that controls the idiot light on the dash. As we all know, if that idiot light comes on, it's probably too late to save the engine anyway.

i dont know but every time i use it my phone gets laggy after wards and i have to reset the phone. It only seems to happen when i use torque. perhaps i downloaded a bad version. All the stuff works fine when its connected.

• 1 month later...

just got my cheapo obdii in yesterday... I'm running the free version on my droid x but my max boost displayed is under zero :confused:.... I have to get the data logs sent to my email to check on that but i haven't seen it break -1.0.

now i need to get a dash mount for my phone lol

yes dash mount is key. i think this is great for a scan tool but not accurate enough as a gauge replacement. great app tho! im glad i started this thread and hope members get a lot of info out of it :)

Archived