LegacyGT.com

android Torque app

MDKSDMF

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our engines do not have an oil temp sender, and the oil pressure switch is on/off and totally useless. You need aftermarket senders and gauges to do that kind of monitoring. The new version of the Vent Boost Gauge is going to support one or the other of those... ;) (You can select which, just can't have both hooked up at the same time.)

very much so.....good to know

Our engines do not have an oil temp sender, and the oil pressure switch is on/off and totally useless.

Man that SUCKS! I can't believe it. This is supposedly a kinna 'performance' engine and we don't have these very important features!!! :mad:

Oh well, I will have to get that 'vent boost' gauge. :spin:

Hi, just asked yesterday for the PLX Kiwi Bluetooth transmiter... should arrive today. Without it the app is not too interesting, you can only use the phones accelerometer and GPS sensor for speed, distance...

Hope it works well... Just wondering how much info it can take out from the Legacy's OBD.

Will keep you informed!

The transmiter arrived, just pair it by bluetooth and working! plug and play....:)

Data that is sent to the phone:

Engine load (%) , RPM, Intake air temp, Intake manifold pressure, O2 sensor voltage, speed (OBD), throttle position, timing advance, turbo boost gauge, component status, liters per 100 kilometers (or miles per gallon), coolant temp, fuel level

And of course all the things that the phones sensors add:

accelerations (x,y,z), speed (GPS), altimeter (GPS), trip distance (GPS)

Nice and clear. I have also seen 4 or 5 failure codes.... SWAPs are always difficult! some are related to the petrol tank (temp...) but others to the O2 sensor.... will have to have a look!

SO, as a 1st day test, for me is as much as I expected! Next days will be intense testing!:lol:

Does anyone now other apps that work similar to Torque? just to try them and see which one is better.... Torque is nice, but there are some things I would like to see in a different way, and the free version at least doesn't leave you change the graphs scale or units...

Thanks!

Does anyone now other apps that work similar to Torque? just to try them and see which one is better.... Torque is nice, but there are some things I would like to see in a different way, and the free version at least doesn't leave you change the graphs scale or units...

Thanks!

an app called "street race" but that doesnt even come close to torque all it shows is 0-60 and shit like that

Nice and clear. I have also seen 4 or 5 failure codes.... SWAPs are always difficult! some are related to the petrol tank (temp...) but others to the O2 sensor.... will have to have a look!

SO, as a 1st day test, for me is as much as I expected! Next days will be intense testing!:lol:

^dude, I see you are in Spain. How the heck did you get an EJ255 engine? Where did it come from?

On another note, how was the turbo gauge? accurate? quick refresh rate?

When I bought the Legacy Wagon in 2004, I wanted to have a Legacy GT basically, but it was not and is not being sold in Europe. So after 4 years with the car and nearly 180000 kilometers, I arrived to a point that I had to change the drive belt and also had strange noises from the gear box. I had to spend a lot of money on it.

So, I decided to go the easy way:rolleyes:... Change the motor. Subarus in Spain are really strange... difficult to find a motor. So I started to look in USA... and by the way to analize the possibility of making a swap from EJ251 to EJ255.

I managed quite fast through a shop in Florida...

They sent me motor+gearbox+transission...and harnesses. The work was long, some times quite scary (mostly in the electric part) and the swap was done nearly one year ago. 10000 miles have gone with the new motor, and everything is OK. BUT, I have my Check Engine ON. We know that everything important is going ok, but the light is there... and we think that the turbo is not pushing to the maximum. Have to check.

So, I think I have the only Legacy GT in Europe:lol:

Motor: EJ255 form a Legacy GT

Suspension:: KW v2

Brakes: Subaru 4 pistons + Brembo disks

Wheels: stock 17" + winter Nokian WR G2 (some 18" with summer tyres coming soon;))

• I Donated
yeah torque is the only android app that requires the dongle. oh and can u data log and send out via email? i read that was a feature...im getting this regardless

There are others. I just forget what they are called. I'm not sure they're on the Market.

I have been testing it and seems to be quite accurate and with quick refresh. I have tried with the RPM and it goes nearly at the same time with the cars one. (a little delay is there anyhow)

For the Turbo boost gauge, what I have done is put a display (so the number appears) + graph (so you can see all data in the last 10 seconds or so). What I have also noticed is that in the graph it automatically detects the peak and puts the figure just near to it. With the dial is the same, it moves up and down quite faast, but it leaves a mark at the maximum.

Also tested the option to log data during the trip and then send it via email like a CSV, it works good, so that you can see graphs in the PC later. You can select refresh time and which data to record.

yeah torque is the only android app that requires the dongle. oh and can u data log and send out via email? i read that was a feature...im getting this regardless

When it arrived, I didn't pay too much attention to it, but in the box of the Kiwi BT, the next apps are shown:

-Torque

-alOBDscanner

-VoyagerDash

-OBDroid

I'm downloading alOBDscanner (it's the only one appart of Torque to have a free version) and will test it.

The data logging and sending to an email works fine!

I have been testing it and seems to be quite accurate and with quick refresh. I have tried with the RPM and it goes nearly at the same time with the cars one. (a little delay is there anyhow)

For the Turbo boost gauge, what I have done is put a display (so the number appears) + graph (so you can see all data in the last 10 seconds or so). What I have also noticed is that in the graph it automatically detects the peak and puts the figure just near to it. With the dial is the same, it moves up and down quite faast, but it leaves a mark at the maximum.

Also tested the option to log data during the trip and then send it via email like a CSV, it works good, so that you can see graphs in the PC later. You can select refresh time and which data to record.

thanks for your feedback man! We appreciate it.

(btw, you may not be the only one with an EJ255 in Europe...I'm driving mine here as well for the time being---well it is not a GT per say, an OBXT--nearly the same though :spin::spin:)

I've been using Torque along with a chinese ebay bluetooth OBDII ELM adaptor for the past year with my HTC Magic (running Cyanogenmod 6.1.0 stable). It's been great, worked on my 05 Impreza, works well on my 07 SpecB. Very handy for scanning codes, and even does some basic scanning though I don't use it much for that. Overall impressed with the software and the fact that the hardware only cost like $30 shipped.

Hey, just a quick question about the BT adaptor ?

How is this device powered ? battery or from the ecu ?

Is it safe to leave it plugged in full time, ie, just leave it in there.

Will it drain the battery ?, or does it shut off with the car ? I know the my usb VAG-COM cable stay lit even when car is off, and draining from battery.

Thanks.

Archived