LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2012 Legacy Info Thread

LegGTLT

The rarity does have it's perks- at my old place the neighbors son was totally baffled by "that third pedal". :lol:

I hope you told him that was the VTEC pedal :lol:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give us back the LGTW and I'll give you more of my money. Unfortunately for me Subaru doesn't have anything that interests me in the new model lineup.

The LGT is close but the all plastic interior was a big disappointment for me.

• I Donated
Sadly he is right- manual transmissions are a dieing breed in the US. People are lazy/stupid, nothing more. I couldn't begin to tell you how many people reacted to my car having a manual trans the same way they would if I told them it didn't come with seats. The rarity does have it's perks- at my old place the neighbors son was totally baffled by "that third pedal". :lol:

When my brother and I went to test-drive an Outback when we were looking at new cars for my dad, they didn't have any 6MT models, and the only 6MT Legacy was at a storage lot. The salesman was incredibly surprised that we wanted a 6MT. His words were something along the lines of, "I don't see why you wouldn't just want a CVT, because there's no mileage benefit for the manual, and traffic sucks." He just didn't get it, I guess... :rolleyes:

We ended up having to order the car we wanted (we wanted a white or dark blue 2.5i 6MT Premium with sunroof, HK audio, and cold weather package, and there were none in the country with those options), but we ordered a little too late and Subaru was no longer accepting orders for 2010s, so our dealer ended up finding a white 2.5i 6MT with sunroof on the line in Indiana that was destined for a dealership in Nashville. They called the Nashville dealer and asked, "Can we trade you for an auto?" The Nashville dealer said, "They gave us a manual? There's no way we could sell one of those. Sure, we'll trade." So our dealer got the assembly line to put in the Premium trim options, HK system, and cold weather package, since it hadn't gotten to that point in the process, as well as some accessories we wanted. They then received two calls from other dealers wanting to trade, and had to say, "Sorry, we already sold this car!"

C/N: The only reason we got a 2010 (and didn't have to wait for a 2011) is because people in Nashville hate manual transmissions. :lol:

Sadly he is right- manual transmissions are a dieing breed in the US. People are lazy/stupid, nothing more. I couldn't begin to tell you how many people reacted to my car having a manual trans the same way they would if I told them it didn't come with seats. The rarity does have it's perks- at my old place the neighbors son was totally baffled by "that third pedal". :lol:

Another perk...you can leave it running without worrying about someone stealing it at the local stop and rob.

Really? Because while I've seen this comparo in a few magazines, I've seen many more that pit the LGT against the 3 series and A4, among others....Do I sense some 5th gen resentment?:lol:

Honestly haven't driven one so I can't make the call myself. I knew when the 2005 LGT debuted that's what was mentioned a lot. I haven't heard the same things about the 2010+ (yet anyways).

In another 3 years when I'm ready for a new car I'll probably check it out along with a G37, Genesis Coupe and Sedan, Ford SHO, and 2011+ Mustang and decide for myself.

I think they will add even more leg, shoulder and height room with less hp making it just as fat and tall as a BUS? Big as a BUS? REALLY? A SEDAN THAT HUGE? I GUESS US AMERICANS DO NEED IT SINCE ALMOST EVERYONE'S SO ....! But I don't need all that extra room There is plenty of room in my 4th gen legacy but I'm only 5'5 and 130lbs. But why would a tall or heavy person even think about buying a sedan? Aren't there big trucks or s.u.v out there for that very reason?(the extra leg, shoulder and height room)thing? Oh I know why they want a small little sedan, They want to go 0-60 in 5 secs. I'm so smart!!!!!!

Now go buy yourself a s.u.v or truck and leave us small guys with the sedans that we never complaint about not having enough room. A sedan does not need to be as big as a BUS, it's a small sedan which has little leg and shoulder room. A truck or S.U.V has plenty of room in it which is the car you are suppose to buy. YOU UNDERSTAND NOW, YOU GET IT, ANYTHING YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND?? So for 2012 Subaru can you please down size it back to a sedan and not a bus!!! PLEEAAASSSSEEE!

:spin:

I would definitely like to see the headlights changed. Also an automatic transmission as an option on the GT, I never learned to drive stick. No one ever taught me as I did not know anyone who had one. I am not lazy, I just go with what I am used to and know. And a WAGON option!! Maybe a few new color options? Not sure how I feel about that light blue.......

There's no point in having a BM GT 5EAT when you have the 3.6r available. The 5EAT sucked all the life out of the BP GT. It wasn't any fun until you reflashed the ecu. After Stg 1, the performance potential is sketchy and pricey.

Learning to drive stick is easy. It took me 10 mins to learn the basics, but a few years later and I'm still mastering it. :)

Learning to drive stick is easy. It took me 10 mins to learn the basics, but a few years later and I'm still mastering it. :)

How true. I bought my first car and just drove it. I had minimal driving experience (just enough to get the license) and granted first couple days were tough on me and the car. But I remembered to be gentle with the clutch and apply gas smoothly. It did help that it was winter too so I couldn't drive too fast.

17 years past I still like the stick better and still improving my skills.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I really had not looked at the 3.6R model. Has a few less horses than the GT, but still up there. After driving for 20 years, I'm not looking to really change to a MT. I guess I'm just comfortable. Besides, I'm not sure that learning to drive a manual is such a good idea while living in the Miami area. Some of these people drive like its a speedway..... and that people cut you off without any hesitation. But if we are looking at what we would like in the '12 model, those are some of the things I wouldn't mind seeing. Also would like to see it closer to the concept in reguards to the rear tail lights and side view mirrors. The front lights need to be more like the ones on the Impreza concept. I think those are sharp!! I know alot of people like them, but I would rather have frameless windows again. I can't tell you how many people have told me they really like that.

Really? I don't notice any difference. Every car that I've owned except this one has had framed windows. I don't notice any noise difference between the two. I know that I had some issues with the driver side frame on the Chevy Equinox. The dealer said that was normal. One of the reasons the Subaru looked so good to me....

• I Donated
Really? I don't notice any difference. Every car that I've owned except this one has had framed windows. I don't notice any noise difference between the two. I know that I had some issues with the driver side frame on the Chevy Equinox. The dealer said that was normal. One of the reasons the Subaru looked so good to me....

You apparently do not yet have the wind noise at the window gussets. My experience, since this is the 5th frameless-window Subaru that myself or my family has owned, is that it's not a question of "if" but of "when." My dad's 2010 Outback's doors also close with a more satisfying thud because of the framed windows.

Archived