LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2012 Legacy Info Thread

LegGTLT

Well in 2011 they brought back the foldable (sp?) mirrors

so for 2012...

4 stage seat heaters?

And then electroluminescent gauges for 2013, followed by SI drive in 2014? Maybe if they reintroduce one feature a year, in another decade or so the Legacy GT will approach what we had in the 4th gen! ;)

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And then electroluminescent gauges for 2013, followed by SI drive in 2014? Maybe if they reintroduce one feature a year, in another decade or so the Legacy GT will approach what we had in the 4th gen! ;)

So 2015 will go back to having the recycling bin plastic interior? :cool:

Don't expect these changes since they drive the price up and it's already a successful car. They're not going to regress with it unless the hardpark segment was that angered by the lack of SI drive.

Don't expect these changes since they drive the price up and it's already a successful car. They're not going to regress with it unless the hardpark segment was that angered by the lack of SI drive.

It's the cumulative effect of losing so many little things that makes the new Legacy a disappointing car, and one that I have no interest in. Granted, my 2.5i Limited lacks mirror mounted turn signal lights, electroluminescent gauges, SI drive, and a host of other things that the GT had. But it did have some nice touches for a car in its price range, like the 4 stage seat heaters, dual exhaust, etc. that the 2.5i Ltd no longer has. And I had been on the fence about getting the GT when I bought my car, and figured I might upgrade to a Legacy GT the next time around. But now, I will look elsewhere. The loss of premium content coupled of the decidedly non-sporty character of the redesigned Legacy all but assured that the GT would become an endangered species.

Ironically, Subaru seems to have decided to cater to customers who are looking for this! ;)

http://www.subaru.com/content/static/fightmediocrity/index.html

Nah, just give me back my dual exhaust! (And 4 stage seat heaters, and parking brake handle, and the general sporty character of the 4th gen Legacy....cars are supposed to get better with redesigns, not worse after all!)

I realize it all comes down to $$ though - I seem to recall reading that Subaru/Fuji Heavy Industries admitted to de-contenting the Legacy due to concerns over profitability. If this business model works for 'em, more power to them. I will not be a repeat customer unless the character of the 4th gen Legacy returns in the next redesign, however.

5th gen summary:

more TQ, more HP, at lower RPMs, quicker to 60, quicker from 60 to stop, stage 1 is your stage 2, better fuel economy, increased tank capacity and range, comfort front and back, only 47 lbs more weight.

hand break? 4 position switch for heated seats? I still have an 07 OB with those. The 5th gen is a step above in so many ways.

revisit your priorities

I'm happy with the fuel economy of my '07 (which despite the conservative EPA estimate, consistently delivers over 30 mpg on the highway). And the 16.9 gal fuel capacity is perfectly fine, and gives a good enough range. I don't trust CVT's yet, so I wouldn't trade a conventional transmission for a couple more mpg. Even if the CVT proves to be reliable and durable, if it is sluggish and loud I still don't want it.

The button operated e-brake is something I really dislike for a number of reasons. But there's another thread for that.

I just don't like the styling of the new model, but to each his own. I'd rather keep all of the features and have a smaller car, though, than trade away features in exchange for more room and comfort (if it has to be an either/or proposition).

I'd rather have integrated bluetooth than a 4 stage heated seat. I'd rather have more legroom than dual exhaust outlets. I'd rather rather have a more quiet cabin than electroluminscent gauges, especially when they're so often skewed toward blue and hinder your night vision. There's a lot of new content on the car, just stuff you don't like. We get it. It's been beat to death and you nitpick every single thread -- it's like death, taxes and you shitting up everything with your whining.

• I Donated
My big problem with the 5th gen is the styling, but that dead horse has probably been beaten enough by now. :lol: My dad has a 2010 Outback 2.5i 6MT, and there are things about the car that I hate, but also things about the car that are much better than my 05. The electric parking brake is actually super useful once you get used to it (it automatically turns off when you press the gas if your seatbelt is fastened), and I love the 6MT (with gear indicator in the instrument panel!) and the HK system with BT. I don't love the lack of power in the 2.5i, but I'm sure the 2.5GT fixes that.

It's been beat to death and you nitpick every single thread -- it's like death, taxes and you shitting up everything with your whining.

Sorry, I'll go back to lurking. I haven't been posting much lately, actually.

(I think it was the Impreza concept that drew me back to the forum...I actually like the looks of that car!)

it's the Legacy with less stupid wheel flares and better transition from front to hood which clears up a ton of the ugly

And a lower, less round roofline, and sleeker lights/front fascia. It's basically the original 2010 Legacy concept done right this time (remember the concept sketch that ended up looking nothing like the actual 2010 Legacy?)

Gentlemen, it was funny for a bit and I even chuckled but everyone knows everyone elses opinions on this already. Let's actually keep this to thoughts on the 2012. Even the "beat a dead horse" arguement no longer holds true, we've turned the f'n horse into glue by now. :lol: There is nothing left of said dead horse, thus we can no longer beat it. :p
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I think they will add even more leg, shoulder and height room with less hp making it just as fat and tall as a BUS? Big as a BUS? REALLY? A SEDAN THAT HUGE? I GUESS US AMERICANS DO NEED IT SINCE ALMOST EVERYONE'S SO ....! But I don't need all that extra room There is plenty of room in my 4th gen legacy but I'm only 5'5 and 130lbs. But why would a tall or heavy person even think about buying a sedan? Aren't there big trucks or s.u.v out there for that very reason?(the extra leg, shoulder and height room)thing? Oh I know why they want a small little sedan, They want to go 0-60 in 5 secs. I'm so smart!!!!!!

Now go buy yourself a s.u.v or truck and leave us small guys with the sedans that we never complaint about not having enough room. A sedan does not need to be as big as a BUS, it's a small sedan which has little leg and shoulder room. A truck or S.U.V has plenty of room in it which is the car you are suppose to buy. YOU UNDERSTAND NOW, YOU GET IT, ANYTHING YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND?? So for 2012 Subaru can you please down size it back to a sedan and not a bus!!! PLEEAAASSSSEEE!

A few good points but really with the attitude? Get over it and get a WRX with the flared fenders. Small and has far more sport appeal, style and character than the 4th gen. The 5th gen LGT gets compliments all the time. Very rare when driving the 4th gen.

^Let's not start with the "who gets more compliments game" as it's completely futile. :lol:

I think they will add even more leg, shoulder and height room with less hp making it just as fat and tall as a BUS? Big as a BUS? REALLY? A SEDAN THAT HUGE? I GUESS US AMERICANS DO NEED IT SINCE ALMOST EVERYONE'S SO ....! But I don't need all that extra room There is plenty of room in my 4th gen legacy but I'm only 5'5 and 130lbs. But why would a tall or heavy person even think about buying a sedan? Aren't there big trucks or s.u.v out there for that very reason?(the extra leg, shoulder and height room)thing? Oh I know why they want a small little sedan, They want to go 0-60 in 5 secs. I'm so smart!!!!!!

Now go buy yourself a s.u.v or truck and leave us small guys with the sedans that we never complaint about not having enough room. A sedan does not need to be as big as a BUS, it's a small sedan which has little leg and shoulder room. A truck or S.U.V has plenty of room in it which is the car you are suppose to buy. YOU UNDERSTAND NOW, YOU GET IT, ANYTHING YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND?? So for 2012 Subaru can you please down size it back to a sedan and not a bus!!! PLEEAAASSSSEEE!

This guy is helping no ones cause. :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• I Donated

:lol::lol::lol::lol: loud

I'm 6'2" and 200 lbs and I fit just fine in my 05 LGT, thank you very much. Either way, I don't mind the size of the 5th gen. It's not even that much longer, just wider and taller, so it's not too hard to parallel park. And the rear seat legroom is nice.

Archived