LegacyGT.com

Flashlight geeks

fishbone

Oh, YEAH!!!!!!!! That's what I'm talking about!

Hum.....wonder how that'll do on the side of my AR? :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ :lol: For $1.5K, I'd attach a second AR to my AR. :lol:

$400 or so is right about my price-point, actually, for a good weaponlight. :) I'd love that output, but am worried about the durability of the electronics....

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 1 month later...

I just recently found two old flashlights!

One is an old Hubbellite 3003-C. It was, apparently, a knock-off of Pelican's lights. They are no longer available. (3C - Xenon bulb).

The other is a Pelican Super PeliLite (2C - LED).

I want to upgrade the Hubbel to LED, and was looking at the TerraLUX TLE6EXB bulb to replace the XPR-3 bulb.

http://www.365salespoint.com/product-info.php?c=all&n=468240&i=B001I9TI4Q&x=TerraLUX_TLE_6EXB_MiniStar5_140_Lumens_Extreme_LED_Replacement_Bulb_for_2_3_CD_Cell_MagLites

I have no idea what bulb is in the PeliLite, but I'd like to upgrade that one too (it's very dim).

Any ideas or input?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 5 weeks later...

i'm a n00b and this is probably a dumb question but i just watched tron: legacy again over the weekend and was wondering if you guys can ID the flashlight sam uses when he first goes back to his father's arcade to investigate.

it seems pretty compact with decent light output

here's a link to the scene from youtube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO5qq1XN64M]TRON Legacy - Flynn's Arcade Scene! - YouTube[/ame]

edit: he places it down on the desktop at around 3:35

Best EDC/GP Flashlight Ever

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003GXF9NQ]Amazon.com: Streamlight 88032 Protac Tactical Flashlight 1AA with White LED, Black: Home Improvement[/ame]

1AA

HIGH - 50 lumens/1.75 Hours

LOW - 6 lumens/22 Hours

STROBE - 4 Hours

Idk if anyone suggested it but 4Sevens is a pretty good brand too.

I carry a 4Sevens Quark Mini123 on me at all times. Pretty solid light, I like it.

I agree, I've had the 2-cell version of that light in my pocket for months.

• 1 month later...

threadbump

i ended up getting the streamlight that Schrei Wolf recommended. i really didn't need anything that hardcore and 50 lumens is good enough light for me for normal tasks and it's come in handy several times already. the AA is a big advantage and it fits in my hand nicely. probably the best value for a flashlight out there. i did come very close to getting the 4sevens quark mini AA edition, but liked the shape of the streamlight better and the fact that it comes with a clip.

edit: the only thing that i don't particularly like about the light is that it's difficult to access the low output mode, you have to depress the button rapidly 3x within like 0.5 secs to get to it and it'll cycle through the strobe function to get there, if you're in a dark situation you almost blind yourself by cycling the output modes to get to low.

I find myself not using the turbo mode on my Fenix LD20 (205 lumens) all that often, only when I want to show off or I'm outdoors and want to see in the distance. Otherwise it's too damn bright to be looking at anything close. So I may be snatching up one of those streamlights as well.

Archived