LegacyGT.com

snow+donuts+low speed+high rpm= fun+stinky cabin..why??

Why cabin stinks after playing in deep snow with high rpm+low speed+possibly donuts  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Why cabin stinks after playing in deep snow with high rpm+low speed+possibly donuts

• Clutch slipping
    • Diffs getting hot
    • Clutch slipping + hot diffs
    • power steering pump

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

or it would be buried if people stop posting with what they think the answer is

seriously... can someone close this thread?

I've already figured it out, it's the damn MUFFLER BEARINGS!! Which are right next to the CV shaft, so that is probably why you think the smoke was coming from there....

:lol::spin:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard the smell comes from the injector gnomes pissing themselves because they HATE the cold. And because I'm always right about EVERYTHING :spin: everyone has their own opinion; until someone brings hard facts to the table then it's all about who pushes their argument more.

/subscription

So for anyone wondering what the real cause is, I figured it out. It is the axle grease seaping out of the boot from the exhaust cooking it. It thins out from the crazy heat and sprays on the exhaust while spinning. Then it burns causing the burning rubber smell. If you can open up the hood fast enough afterwards you will see beads of smoke coming off of the exhaust. This is also the same axle boot (passenger side) that fails from the exhaust heat.

It's fun when it completely lets go and smoke billows out of your hood scoop... OP, did you prime your motor before trying to do snownuts? Those split seconds without oil pressure at startup could have caused piston burning smells... Always prime your motor before starting, I recommend pulling the fuel pump wire and turning the crankshaft pulley with a breaker bar, at least 5 full revolutions.

Archived