LegacyGT.com

My insurance just went down!

How many friggin DUI's/accidents/movers have you had? How old????? Been convicted of vehicular manslaughter lately? WTF????

I think its called an SR21. :lol: Its not really a laughing matter though. I had a roomate paying $220 a month on a 1997 3 cylinder Geo Metro easter egg. He had a medical condition that made him pass out from time to time. As luck would have it, he was always in a car when it happened and he would drive into telephone poles. He wasn't the brightest bulb in the store I tell ya... He had an SR21 on his insurance and was getting raped in premiums. $7000 a year for a youngin with an SR21 sounds about right. I guess if you are loaded and don't mind making 3 or 4 car payments per month just so you can drive a car that you are likely to wreck anyway then that is fine with me.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine is at about $93 per month....It will probably drop next month because I'll be turning 25 on the 8th. I'm married, have 2 cars (the LGT and my wifes '02 Lancer), home owners insurance & mortgage disability insurance, 2 x $150K life insurance policies through State Farm and pay $200 a month for all of it :)

I pay just under $200 per month, in total, for 4 vehicles ('05 LGT, '03 GMC Yukon, '90 Chevy 2500 4WD pickup, '57 Willy's CJ3B), our homeowner's policy, and a $1 million umbrella policy. The vehicles all have full, 250/500 coverage, with $100 deductibles. All through State Farm. The bill went down $15 per month after I switched from my WRX to the LGT.

You think that's wacked? I call up the insurance agent before buying the car to get a quote on what different cars are going to cost me. I'm told $3600/year. fine. I put a down payment on the car. I call up my agent to fax the dealer proof of insurance and to tell them it's covered and get told they made a mistake.

I'm 23. Unmarried. Accident in 2002. It was my fault but the other driver contributed. It was dark and raining and she didn't have her lights on and I just didn't see her dark green car while making a left.

0 state points. I'm sure I've got a bunch of insurance points.

You old people and your cheap insurance suck :D

That's whacked.

You must be young or unmarried perhaps?, and the quote you got obviously doesn't include multi-line discounts such as multiple vehicles/policies (I've got term life and home-owners insurance with them too).

I don't have it in front of me now, but I think full coverage $500 deductible on my Legacy GT is about $480 every 6 months.

--

No DUIs. One accident that was my fault almost 3 years ago. Another in 2001 that was the other driver's fault. Too many tickets. One was speeding. Two were unsafe driving. The rest were thrown out or dismissed. Currently no outstanding points. 23yo. No manslaughter. The local police and judges do know me.

Wow. I really like to think I'm not a bad driver. The above paragraph says otherwise.

I've been driving a lot more calmly since buying the Legacy so you guys don't need to be worried I'm going to ball mine up.

How many friggin DUI's/accidents/movers have you had? How old????? Been convicted of vehicular manslaughter lately? WTF????

I'm amazed that you don't have an SR21 on your insurance. Its easily double what it should be for a guy your age. I really hope you are single because if that is your married rate then I definitely don't think you are being square with what's on your record. lol Your insurance payment is probably up there with your car payment. Just don't spend too much time in a situation where the only reason you work is so you can pay for the car and insurance that you need in order to get to work. :lol:

OCDETAILS BLOG

I think its called an SR21. :lol: Its not really a laughing matter though. I had a roomate paying $220 a month on a 1997 3 cylinder Geo Metro easter egg. He had a medical condition that made him pass out from time to time. As luck would have it, he was always in a car when it happened and he would drive into telephone poles. He wasn't the brightest bulb in the store I tell ya... He had an SR21 on his insurance and was getting raped in premiums. $7000 a year for a youngin with an SR21 sounds about right. I guess if you are loaded and don't mind making 3 or 4 car payments per month just so you can drive a car that you are likely to wreck anyway then that is fine with me.

SR22 filing is typically for people who's license has been suspended for various reasons. Or you didn't have Insurance at the time of an accident. No longer can you get a ticket when not having insurance and then call Geiko and get it to cover your but in court. ????? Didn't think they gave it out for medical conditions.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I doubt he got it for the medical conditon itself, but rather because of the fact that he kept getting into accidents because of the conditon. Everytime he would have one of his seizures while he was driving he would plow into something. He is just so lucky that he only hit poles and walls and never hit anyone else. I don't know if his license was suspended or not, but he has no business behind the wheel of a car. He probably got the SR21 (or is it a 22?) for the same reason that you get one when you wreck your car while driving drunk. You have proven that you are a liability on the road and your rates will reflect that. That is exactly what your insurance rate is. Its directly proportionate to the probablility that you'll either wreck your car or get it stolen somehow.

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 4 weeks later...
just got my insurance bill from farmers, they want $945 for 6 months. is that too high? i am 27, live in colorado, go to grad school full time, accident-free but got a speeding ticket about 2 yrs ago.

1.jpg.254d7daaac32eb1a3718b907c6c0b17d.jpg

This Space For Rent

just got my insurance bill from farmers, they want $945 for 6 months. is that too high? i am 27, live in colorado, go to grad school full time, accident-free but got a speeding ticket about 2 yrs ago.

I would look into higher limits but thats me, vodoo-chile would know more.

Also shop around you can get 4 or 5 quotes off the web without having to talk with anyone.

As for the cost I pay less than that for two cars with higher limits on both :eek:, but :http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13338

If there are any military (active guard or reserve) reading this and dont know about USAA, check em out.

I think mine went down 3 a month to 107 a mo for 100/300 coverage 500deduct for 05lgtltd and 04wrx wagon for my wife and I. Im 27 with no recent tickets or accidents, no claims.

Also, USAA cuts you a check for the interest earned on your premiums if you dont make a claim for the year. Seems to be about 8-10percent refund.

Company serves military and families only, guess it gets away with:

1) Lower risk of DUIs due to punitive action by employer

2) Dont drive much when deployed

3) If you screw them, they may be able to dock your pay or tax return (cant remember which)

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

I'm happy to see that people's insurance is going down. When I saw that NJ owner who's insurance doubled, I got very nervous about mine.

- Mike

...all I had to do was ditch AIG and switch to GEICO. It's too bad, really....I had been very happy with AIG. As for GEICO, I sure do hate their damn commercials, but their rates for my OBXT were what AIG's used to be. I'm back to paying $848.00/6 months on an '05 OBXT and '01 Expedition, no accidents or points.

I guess the idea of establishing a long-term relationship with one's auto ins co nowadays is about as pointless as establishing a long-term relationship with one's employer. If you're considered just a commodity, you will be be treated at such.

Tim G.

"Death to the GEICO gekko"

If there are any military (active guard or reserve) reading this and dont know about USAA, check em out.

I think mine went down 3 a month to 107 a mo for 100/300 coverage 500deduct for 05lgtltd and 04wrx wagon for my wife and I. Im 27 with no recent tickets or accidents, no claims.

Also, USAA cuts you a check for the interest earned on your premiums if you dont make a claim for the year. Seems to be about 8-10percent refund.

Company serves military and families only, guess it gets away with:

1) Lower risk of DUIs due to punitive action by employer

2) Dont drive much when deployed

3) If you screw them, they may be able to dock your pay or tax return (cant remember which)

You can also be grandfathered into USAA by being a kid of a person who served in the military. I know, I'm one of them. :)

They treat me good, and I don't think my rates are to high. If I remember correctly, I'm at $505 every 6 months, 27 male, single. If I recall correctly, I have one 20+ speeding ticket in the last 5 years.

• 2 months later...
Ouch. Well, I just called Geico to get clarification. They told me that the insurance rates going up and down is really subjective to the insurance company. If Geico insures nothing but cars that get stolen and wrecked then the insurance will be higher with them than if you check a company that hasn't ever had a claim on a Legacy. Anyway, I guess Geico has had more claims than the average bear and my rate actually went up by about 4 bucks a month.

That must be why my insurance actually went UP when I bought my 2001 LGT? I was floored. Prior to my new Subie I drove a 99 Jeep Wrangler Sport. Somehow, some way, my insurance went from $800 every 6 months to $850 every 6 months. I asked why and they gave some BS about being stolen more often. Compared to a Jeep? Come on! You can take the windows out of a Wrangler easily in 3-4 seconds. No security system or anything. That company is American Family and I've since been shopping around for a better rate. I even have side impact airbags now - those don't exist on a 99 Wrangler. Anyone else have a similar situation where they bought a Subie and their rate INCREASED?

My rate increased when I bought it, about $100 every 6months, I went from a 2500HD GMC 4x4 truck with an 8.1L engine to my subaru. I asked them about it and they said because it was newer, and was a turbo. Oh well.

My rate increased when I bought it, about $100 every 6months, I went from a 2500HD GMC 4x4 truck with an 8.1L engine to my subaru. I asked them about it and they said because it was newer, and was a turbo. Oh well.

So by their rational they would jack the rates if it was a new turbodiesel pickup :rolleyes: .

Archived