LegacyGT.com

How much are you paying for insurance?

kiem

I'm 34 year-old male from Cali, no tickets in the last 5 years. My wife few years younger and has no tickets either. I called in my insurance company (esurance.com) for a quote if we were to add the Legacy GT. Currently we are sharing our family 2003 Mazda MPV and paying $600 for a 6-month premium (basic coverage $500 deductible, 100/300 bodily, etc.)

The insurance company quote me $978 for 6-month if the GT is added.

I wonder how much you guys/gals are paying. Any tickets? you age and your insurance company?

There are really too many variables to compare insurance with other people. I would suggest calling around to other insurance companies. With that said…

The two largest factors in Insurance premium are location and accidents/claims. These are some of the factors that calculate premium (not all factors are used in all state). This is why you cannot compare one persons premium to another’s.

Base rate – Determined by zip code. NJ cost more than CO. City cost more than burbs

Limits – How much insurance you are carrying.

Tier – A factor based on your credit score.

Prior insurance – Gaps in insurance increases rates

Class factor – Derived from age, car usage (work 0-15, work >15, farm, personal)

Violations – The severity and quantity of the violations drives the cost.

Operator experience – How long have you had your license.

Anti-lock breaks

Driver training – Driver ED

Good student discount – B or better I believe

Defensive driving course

Violation free discount – No tickets.

Loss free discount – No claims

Package discount – Multiple polices with one carrier

Anti theft devices (vin etching, alarms, etc.)

Deductibles

Seatbelt types

$990 6/mo through state farm. Just turned 21 this year no tickets/accidents. When I bought the car last year I was paying $1500 for 6 mos.
That's a damn good sugar cookie.

$1300 and $1500 for a 6-month policy? Holy macaroni.. that's hecka high.

Under your policy, is the GT classified as regular sedan, or sports?

My previous car, the 95 M3 was under high-performance sportscar - and I was paying close to $1600 for 6 months.. but that time I had couple speeding tickets.

$400 for six months. $250 deductable w/comp, towing, $300K Bodily, $1M liability wrap. My wife and I are geezers with good records (at least as far back as anyone checks). This is w/Farmers. I also insure 3 other cars, a motorcycle and my house with them - so pretty good rates.

$1300 and $1500 for a 6-month policy? Holy macaroni.. that's hecka high.

Under your policy, is the GT classified as regular sedan, or sports?

My previous car, the 95 M3 was under high-performance sportscar - and I was paying close to $1600 for 6 months.. but that time I had couple speeding tickets.

Doesn't mention anything about classification. I just have a multi-car and good driver discount. I guess that LA for ya.

I'm paying about $1100 a year for 50000/100000/25000 with a $100 deductible. I am 25, single, one car, no violations (that have show up on my insurance :-))

The hella high quote earlier is not that unusual. When I had my WRX I was paying $2300 a year for the almost the same coverage as above (and that was the BEST I could find). When I turned 25 it went down almost 60%. Glad to know that I became a better driver that day. :-P

There are really too many variables to compare insurance with other people. I would suggest calling around to other insurance companies.

+1, and awesome post at that!

Best way to hunt down something acceptable for you - or even just "the best deal," is to do the leg-work yourself. There's really no comparing otherwise.

Best of luck!

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

kiem - if you are in SoCal there is a thread under the SoCal Forums regarding insurance rates

I'm in NorCal. Yeah.. I realize this should've been in the NorCal thread - oh well at least I get to see other ppls rates :)

There are really too many variables to compare insurance with other people. I would suggest calling around to other insurance companies. With that said…

The two largest factors in Insurance premium are location and accidents/claims. These are some of the factors that calculate premium (not all factors are used in all state). This is why you cannot compare one persons premium to another’s.

Base rate – Determined by zip code. NJ cost more than CO. City cost more than burbs

Limits – How much insurance you are carrying.

Tier – A factor based on your credit score.

Prior insurance – Gaps in insurance increases rates

Class factor – Derived from age, car usage (work 0-15, work >15, farm, personal)

Violations – The severity and quantity of the violations drives the cost.

Operator experience – How long have you had your license.

Anti-lock breaks

Driver training – Driver ED

Good student discount – B or better I believe

Defensive driving course

Violation free discount – No tickets.

Loss free discount – No claims

Package discount – Multiple polices with one carrier

Anti theft devices (vin etching, alarms, etc.)

Deductibles

Seatbelt types

Hey all. I'm an insurance agent in Austin, TX. and I have to say that this is probably the most comprehensive post on insurance that I have seen. All of the major factors listed that can affect your rates. Man, I feel like my IQ just went up a few points from some of the other boards that I visit.

Kyle

Hey all. I'm an insurance agent in Austin, TX. and I have to say that this is probably the most comprehensive post on insurance that I have seen. All of the major factors listed that can affect your rates. Man, I feel like my IQ just went up a few points from some of the other boards that I visit.

Kyle

I do IT work for a major Insurance company. You probably still know more about the details :redface:

Archived