LegacyGT.com

My insurance just went down!

mine went down $200 a year (from the WRX) and that was with me bumping every limit as high as USAA would let me.

Mine went down about the same! When I asked why my agent told me it's because the lgt is cheaper to repair then the wrx...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else have a similar situation where they bought a Subie and their rate INCREASED?

Unfortunately, in many markets, the LGT is considered a "high-claims" vehicle.

To point to others whose premiums decreased (or increased) and say "why didn't that happen to me" really does no good. There are so many reasons why insurance rates vary from individual to individual that, honestly, the only way to shop for the best deal is to do the leg-work yourself, and shop hard. :(

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=201175&postcount=3

Great post on why insurance varies so much per individual.

My premium went up as well - but to wit, I'd come from a '95 TSi...and even with how much more coverage I had to undertake with the LGT, I still got away with only about a $120 per year increase in my premium. Your premium may have increased simply as you're driving a newer car, with more inherent value.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

My insurance with Progressive went down 72 dollars/ 6 mo or 144 dollars a year, coming from a '02 Ford Focus! From ~$610 to ~$530 a half. 28 Single, no points, no claims in 3 years (as far back as Progressive looks).

Looking at the details about the coverage, the big decrease was in the Liability section, whereas the Comprehensive stuff all went up a little. So I guess the car is safer than the Focus, but more expensive to repair.

On a similar note, my girlfriend's 05 imprezza 2.5 RS went up by about 10 dollars a month from a 96 sunfire. 23 Single, no claims, no points, Progressive. Again, liability was less, but comprehensive was much more.

My insurance went down by $15 a month when I went from a '99 Integra GSR sedan to my LGT. Appearing several times in the top 20 stolen cars list every year doesn't help insurance on those cars at all. I'm just holding tight for my 30 year old discount in April. I was married before I was 25 and my insurance only dropped like a buck. I hear there aren't any other drops after 30 until you reach like 50, so I'm hoping its a good one. The real discount was when I got married. My insurance on a 97 Mustang, 93 4 Runner, and a 90 Accord was $150 a month for both of us. I was paying $150 a month on the Mustang alone when I was single. lol Gotta love insurance...

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I changed from 02WRX to 05LGT Wagon and mine went down by $2 a month. No big deal but less is better!

Just opened my insurance bill (State Farm) and coverage for the 05 Subaru has been changed.

It says something about change of liability rating group.

Anyway, short story short, it just dropped $12 a month. :)

Archived