Cobb F&R sways

Perrin rear bar end links

Perrinn rear adjustable lower a arms

STI rear toe in bolts

Whiteline RCA

Whiteline anti lift kit

Bc/Br coil overs.

Everthing works great.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

08 LGT Sedan 5EAT

Cobb F&R Sways (rear on the stiffest setting)

AVO F&R Solid Endlinks

Likes: super easy installation, hardware was extremely good quality, absolutely eliminated under-steer until you reach the limit, end links are simple without anything to maintain, AVO provides lifetime replacement if the bushing goes bad.

Dislikes: nothing yet. Be sure to loctite your endlink bolts - I forgot one and it sneaked out on my last week...scary!

06 LGT Wagon 5EAT

Progress RSB 22mm on stiff

Progress mounts

Group-A endlinks F+R (solid like Kartboy, discontinued)

Rear links are fine. I don't like the way the fronts are twisted and pulled over between attachment points compared to the rear, which are vertical and line up nicely. I can't see this being different with any other solid-type endlink.

If I were to do it again, I'd go with Rallitek-HD or the new Whiteline adjustable OEM-style links in the front.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

2005 Outback XT

Cobb Front and Rear sways

Kartboy Endlinks (replaced AVO adjustable)

BC/BR Coils lowered 2 inches

Just put the kartboys on my setup. Ran the AVO links for a couple years but once in a while I would get some noise in the front.

Put the Kartboys on and quiet as a mouse. Seemed to make it a bit more stiff as well.

So far I like this setup way better than my AVO endlinks.

2008 LGT

Whitline 22mm Adjustable RSB (soft setting)

Kartboy Endlinks Rear

Front Stock

I do alot of highway driving, and immediately noticed a difference after installing the RSB and endlinks. Pronounce difference in the rear end and the way it feels taking a sweeping turn at speed. Prior, the rear end would pitch out and feel a little squirrelish and wobbly. Now the rear end stays put and feels planted. The car tracks in turns better and is more predictable. I plan to put a beefier sway upfront as well.

I held out on a front bar for a long time thinking it wasn't needed or necessary (same thing with upgraded endlinks) . Finally went for it (much out of curiosity) and was amazed how much better it handles.

^ I would have liked to have the MSI with the built in offset but the new group buy never got off the ground. Since that is the case I bought the kartboys and really like them with the cobb sways

whiteline sway with perrin endlinks in the front,forget the size it was the thickest one they had.

perrin sway, same thickest one with kartboy end links in the rear

05 lgt been running this setup for about three years? very happy, tho will prob switch to kartboy when the perrin endlinks are trashed in front.

if i could do it all over again tomorrow tho, i'd prob. go with the nice set of blue hotchkiss one's that fb has with the karboy's.

Cusco front and rear swaybars

Kartboy front rear with avo mount

Lowered on aragosta coilovers

Very neutral setting. Back will break away doing a long right bend at 120kmh and easy to correct.

Feels tighter overall

Kartboy all day. I just replaced my rear Katboy endlinks with.. new Kartboy endlinks. Have a new set for the front as well when I swap that bar sometime soon.

Couldn't you just get new bushings for your existing Kartboys

Couldn't you just get new bushings for your existing Kartboys

The bushings were fine, I just needed a set for the front as well. When you buy f/r sets from Kartboy, they give you a price break ($200 delivered for the 4), so figured I would just put new ones on all around.

• 3 months later...

Welcome back thread!

If you are looking for fronts, anything that fits the 05-09 LGT will fit your OBXT. If you are looking for rears, AVO does make a couple of different styles.

While I'm here, this is what I've got...

2007 LGT 5MT

Rallitek endlinks front and rear

JDM Rear sway, AVO rear stabilizer mount reinforcement brackets, AVO polyurethane swaybar bushings front and rear, AVO front underbody brace, AVO LCA bushings.

Handling is crisp and confident, NVH gets old some days. Rallitek endlinks are hard to beat. Pricing is excellent, quality is excellent, 5 year warranty is unbeatable.

The kartboy end links that fit the STI and the legacy are, according to Tom (the owner):

rears are 3.00" C-C

fronts are 2.50" C-C

My outback XT is lowered with BC/BR coil overs about 1.5-2 inches from stock.

I wanted Kartboy end links so I measured mine and found that both front and back were 3 inches C-C of the mounting holes. My back

could have needed to be longer because I have the autospeed exhaust and you have a bracket that moves the sway bar up bit.

So I contacted tom and he sent me a set of 3" for the front and a set of 3" for the back.

What I would do is crawl under your car and take a measurement from center of hole on the swaybar and on spindle (?) and see what you have.

I had the AVO end links, the adjustable ones on my car for a while, and they were OK but not that great. You would better off to get the AVO solid end links

if they have longer and shorter ones and I think they do.

When I put the solid Kartboy solid ones with the bushings on it, it was NIGHT and DAY different. It transformed the solid feel of my car. I do have Cobb sways but if you can get the Kartboys you will not be disappointed.

thanks for the posts.

Sorry I forgot to mention: I am looking for rear end links only (for now). I think their standard OEM length is about 90mm (3.54 in) C to C. The Kartboy website only advertises end links for LGT :(. So looks like I'd be stuck with AVO then? kina sucks cause I wanted the solid model just as Scooby2.5 is describing.

So consensus is not too impressed with AVO end links?

2005 LGT sedan

cobb sways F/R (with standard reinforcement brackets)

On the cobb sways I've had (in addition to stock) Perrin, Whiteline, and now MSI endlinks both F/R. The MSI's are the only ones that have been able to survive salty New England winters. The bearings with both Perrin and Whiteline just plain dissolved. I could wiggle the endlinks around with my finger when the car was fully loaded. The little rubber coverings on the Whitelines provided absolutely no protection. Stick with solid links.

As for the MSI bushings, I've had to replace a couple over time -- not because they cracked, but because I was the victim of initially receiving a set that went out with bolts that were a little too short, so eventually they popped off. MSI's beautiful lifetime warranty kicked in, of course, and they replaced the hardware for free.

+1 for MSI if you can get 'em.

Ran stock for 67k miles, over 50k of which was on cobb swaybars running easy driving and always modest performance all-season tires. In other words - nothing exerting extreme pressure on the endlinks.

By 67k, stock endlinks were gone. They moved freely and made tons of noise. And the rear of the car felt disconcertingly un-connected sometimes - like during a hard turn you'd feel it float for a second and then firm up.

I had planned on replacing both the sway bar bushings and endlinks at the same time - but I wound up replacing only the endlinks with brand new kartboy.

First, let me say that the kartboys are just a really nice piece. Billet body, nice cone-shaped HARD rubber bushings, and a metal bearing sleeve inside the bushing. Bolts are upgraded from stock to 17mm (which allows a MUCH better torquing/loosening environment in the cramped sway bar areas). And they are extra long. Good wide washers too to evenly disperse when tightening.

When I torqued them down, the rubber bushings barely squeezed. It was impressive.

I've had them on for 300 miles now and my noise is 95% gone - some remaining bushing noise is all that's left. The car is notably tighter and simply more connected.

There's nothing much to go wrong with these endlinks either. The body is one piece, the bolts are tight, the bearing sleeve could corrode I guess, but nothing should be moving in there.

The only thing I can see happening is the rubber bushing wearing out. But it seems like hard, high-quality rubber - and that tends to last quite awhile.

thanks for the posts.

Sorry I forgot to mention: I am looking for rear end links only (for now). I think their standard OEM length is about 90mm (3.54 in) C to C. The Kartboy website only advertises end links for LGT :(. So looks like I'd be stuck with AVO then? kina sucks cause I wanted the solid model just as Scooby2.5 is describing.

So consensus is not too impressed with AVO end links?

kind lil bump :redface: cause I am going to really buy rear end links ASAP for my OB but just wanted to get some more feedback from you guys. If not, then I'd have to go AVO as I cannot seem to find anything better for stock height OB.

Ran stock for 67k miles, over 50k of which was on cobb swaybars running easy driving and always modest performance all-season tires. In other words - nothing exerting extreme pressure on the endlinks.

By 67k, stock endlinks were gone. They moved freely and made tons of noise. And the rear of the car felt disconcertingly un-connected sometimes - like during a hard turn you'd feel it float for a second and then firm up.

I had planned on replacing both the sway bar bushings and endlinks at the same time - but I wound up replacing only the endlinks with brand new kartboy.

First, let me say that the kartboys are just a really nice piece. Billet body, nice cone-shaped HARD rubber bushings, and a metal bearing sleeve inside the bushing. Bolts are upgraded from stock to 17mm (which allows a MUCH better torquing/loosening environment in the cramped sway bar areas). And they are extra long. Good wide washers too to evenly disperse when tightening.

When I torqued them down, the rubber bushings barely squeezed. It was impressive.

I've had them on for 300 miles now and my noise is 95% gone - some remaining bushing noise is all that's left. The car is notably tighter and simply more connected.

There's nothing much to go wrong with these endlinks either. The body is one piece, the bolts are tight, the bearing sleeve could corrode I guess, but nothing should be moving in there.

The only thing I can see happening is the rubber bushing wearing out. But it seems like hard, high-quality rubber - and that tends to last quite awhile.

AMEN!!! Perfect description, I couldn't agree more.

Archived