• Whiteline Adjustable
    • avo Solid
    • Avo adjustable
    • Rallitek
    • perrin
    • Kartboy
    • Other

More satisfied MSI customers.

Mine eat bushings like they are Pez. I gave up after 3 sets of bushings in 3000 miles. Had to pay retail and shipping form Canada on all three sets. MSI refused to honor the warranty and said the bushings were failing because Hyperflex sold them crap bushings.

I spent over $160usd on bushings before I gave up. Not to mention the outrageous initial expense to buy them during the "group buy".

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Problem with the MSI's is that the durometer on their bushings is closer to plastic than rubber (at least their motorsport version which everyone in the group buy got). I got replacement bushings (At ridiculous price as well) . They sent me a sample purple urethane bushings which should have been the default bushings. Oh they work great, just noisy as hell. Helped me win a very competitive ESP autocross class in my area several times.

06 LGT

F&R Cobb Sways

Tein Flex Coilovers

Stock endlinks

They have survived 108k of very spirited driving, more than a dozen track days, and a half-dozen autocrosses. I've never had to replace one, but if I did, I would likely go with solid Kartboys.

I dont think a endlink helped you win a race.

Well if you are really in tune with how the LGT handles and you are blazing at speed on an autocross course, that extra edge work the upgrade endlink allows (slightly faster transient response) can make a hundredth of a second difference or dare I say tenth or even a full 1-2 sec faster. That can make a huge difference in an autocross especially when you lose by .002 sec (which happened to me last year). All I know is that I felt it made a big difference and was able to get back in line much easier and quicker.

Sprank: It was us at LGT that discovered the issue with the MSI bushings. In the quest for maximum rigidity and response the motorsport bushings were supplied. If they (MSI) knew we would have had so may problems (which was originally attributed to improper torque ) they would have shipped with what many other manufacturers use -hard durometer urethane instead of that hard plastic fraying POS we all had problems with.

Except they sold me three more sets of the exact same bushings. Because they knew I was using proper torque spec, them blamed Hyperflex and continued to charge me for each set of bushings. Which all subsequently failed in under 800 miles of use (each set).

You can PM or email me the brand/part number for the bushings you are using. I will be sponsoring (and possibly entering) a 8 race awd series at Willow Springs. So, I can test them.

I would think the only way you could put these on stock height outback is to rotate the sway bar up.

Am I wrong on that?

I actually measured the distance from eye hole to eye hole on mine after it was lowered on the BC/BR coils, and came up with how long they needed to be. Then ordered the same length for front and rear from kartboy.

My car is slightly lower in front than back so as to compensate for my tools.

I guess I did not take any pix. But we did nothing special to mount it all up. I verified that we did use 1 set of spacers in the rear to make the links perpendicular to the ground.

Possibly Max (LALGT) has some pix.

Just PMed LALGT. will let you guys know as soon as I hear from him.

follow up... Here is a thread from LALGT where he shows a picture of the kartboy endlinks installed on stock ride height OBXT, though he does not specifically mention on that thread if he had to do any specific adjustment to the swaybar.

FYI, I have installed last saturday the AVO adjustable 90mm rear endlinks + reinforced brackets. Stock brackets were slightly bent... For some reason, the AVO endlinks were slightly longer than the stock ones. Weird.

Weird that the link above (post 115) shows the spacers on the REAR sway bar.

I have a 2005 outback, My Cobb (hotchkis) bars bolted right on in the back.

The front bar needed the spacers to get the end links in the front vertical.

The exact reason Kartboy sells them....

From the website.

"Kartboy Spacers for use with Front Endlinks - Anti Roll Bars

These spacers are required when using Kartboy front endlinks with most Aftermarket front anti-roll bars. Set of 4."

We installed the bars and links. We made no specific adjustments. Just needed the single spacer (which is not needed on an LGT).

I see. Then why do companies offer different endlink lengths if we can fit the shorter ones to the OBs?

My guess is people are actually rotating the sway bar up or down a bit. No big deal I guess.

When I did mine I actually placed the bar exactly they way it is supposed to be.

Bar level and the end of the bar that gooes to the end links vertical.

When I did this before ordering I measured the exact length I needed then called kartboy.

It is normal to use a spacer on the front bar. We use them all the time on LGT's. The OBXT has a spacer on the front end link too. It is not normal to use one on the rear. But we had to. That way the link was perpendicular to the ground when the suspension was loaded. That was the only difference. No clearance or rotational issues. Not with the stock CBE or the Magnaflow.

IIrc the measurement (eye to eye) that Scooby2.5 posted (for the links he used) is the same measurement for a standard Kartboy rear link.

^sounds like you sway bar shifted in the bushing brackets.

On my front I centered the bar left to right and then put the collars around the bar to keep it that way. Then used one spacer on each side.

^sounds like you sway bar shifted in the bushing brackets.

On my front I centered the bar left to right and then put the collars around the bar to keep it that way. Then used one spacer on each side.

It does, doesn't it? But this FSB has collars on the insides (IIRC) of the bushing bracket that prevent lateral movement. One would assume they're symmetrical...

Tits mcgee

Mine did not and the sway bar would move side to side. The cobb bars came with different bushings and bushing collars that had a grease zerk in them.

Many companies sell the collars.

There is a stickied write up about the cobb bars and the collars that were used. Thats what I purchased.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/comparison-usdm-jdm-cobb-bars-38084.html

Archived