LegacyGT.com

What kind of watch do you wear/own?

rporter

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been looking at the Hamilton Valiant, and cannot for the life of me decide if I like the black leather strap or the bracelet strap better.

Is it possible to order the leather band separately?

I could suck start a snow blower.

You can always get aftermarket straps. Truthfully most leather stock straps are garbage. Even my Capeland's straps were replaced.

Ever look at Certina? Same price point as Hamilton but not heavily marketed in the US. I feel as if you get more bang for your buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't looked in to them at all. The valiant just strikes me as something I need. (Wife may not agree, but...well yeah.)

So I take it you'd recommend getting the bracelet as opposed to the leather band?

I'll look in to Certina.

I could suck start a snow blower.

I've posted this before but I came across it and love it

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/Jay04WRX/29933BC0-B544-4A67-8D67-41606D2EE897-1629-0000011415911225_zpsf9a49629.jpg

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Just picked this watch up. Nothing crazy, but I really loved the way it looked. Plus, I got a good deal. :)

Probably my last watch before I get an auto of decent quality. Time to start upping the quality of my collection!

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/29/1bf21e04ac9b67ae37f8b49613f8d8ff.jpg

what do you guys think of the Seiko sarb033? you can get it on Amazon Prime now.

Frickin fantastic watch...just be well aware that it's a 38mm, so it may wear a little small. But otherwise it's a great watch to buy. 6R15 is a great movement.

The Seiko sarb's are good quality watches for the price point.

Frickin fantastic watch...just be well aware that it's a 38mm, so it may wear a little small. But otherwise it's a great watch to buy. 6R15 is a great movement.

Thanks guys. I would be buying this as my first "dress" watch and want something automatic, classic/understated, and high quality without having to foray into the luxury brands. The consensus online is that the SARB033 fits that bill, although I'm not on watch forums or anything so I had to do some searching. The SARB033 is often compared to the SARB021 which is slightly more expensive so I need to do some more research.

Regarding the size, I have a 6.5" wrist and prefer smaller watches. I really like my Seiko 5 SNK809 for example which is only 37mm. The biggest watch I regularly wear is my G Shock 5600 which at 45mm is small for a G Shock.

Archived