LegacyGT.com

What kind of watch do you wear/own?

rporter

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is he an authorized dealer? (big difference in world of warranties etc)

he said he is connected with the dealers and the manufactures warranty comesd with all watches. He just buys them from the dealer and passes on the savings while making a little $. Its normally cheaper than other places because its no overhead for him. Basically they are drop shipped to you from the dealer tax free.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

You don't need receipts for the warranty to be valid, you just need the warranty card and it needs to have been issued from an AD originally. This has been my experience at least with Rolex, Omega, and Breitling. Most of the international warranties are freely transferable.

If it's grey market you don't get the cards, but if someone went in and got them from an AD you do. There are plenty of people that build up great relationships with AD's by buying many pieces at once, the AD gives them a deeper discount than the average guy, then they resell them for a profit for a lower price than the average guy could get anyway. This isn't grey market though because the watch was purchased through an AD with a stamped warranty card and maintains the factory warranty. As opposed to Jomashop for example, which is grey market and only comes with the Jomashop warranty.

The reseller is the setup I'm assuming BigBlack is talking about above.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived