LegacyGT.com

Might be moving to MD....

Hanger

Wait, how is that different from all the current occupants of the area? :lol: Also, you do realize that everything shuts down if there are even flurries, right? You won't have to leave your house until the roads are plowed.

now that i don't know...

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Germantown is "out of the way" from the Metro. You'll have to drive ~6 miles to get to the Shady Grove Metro (or take a bus, which WMATA offers), which is at the end of the Red Line. Not horrible, but not walking distance for sure. Also, driving down 270 in the AM is a traffic disaster...but you're from Cali, traffic is just another on of those natural disasters for you guys :lol:

I still may be moving to Germantown as I have an offer out on a Condo that's a short sale. Just waiting for the approval.

Hit up here: http://www.wmata.com/rail/maps/map.cfm and click "Google Map" to get an idea of where the Red Line runs. Also type in Rockville, MD in Google Maps and you'll see the little "M" along Rt. 355 to see where the Metro stops are.

My suggestion - if she wants to walk to the Metro and live in MD, live somewhere along Rt 355 or somewhere near the metro stops.

Wait, how is that different from all the current occupants of the area? :lol: Also, you do realize that everything shuts down if there are even flurries, right? You won't have to leave your house until the roads are plowed.

Yeah...friggen stupid people in MD. I want to dump them all in NY or the Northeast for a winter :rolleyes:

SHould go to somewher ein the south when it snows. MD drivers are just retarded and dont know how to handle anythign but perfect conditions.

I was in Dallas when it snowed there... And omg 80-90% of the cars on the road were spinning out or sitting on the side of the road.... BTW it was maybe a INCH of snow!

Josh how the hell is this helping Hanger lol hes going to stay in the house the whole winter after the 1st flake falls, lol

SHould go to somewher ein the south when it snows. MD drivers are just retarded and dont know how to handle anythign but perfect conditions.

I was in Dallas when it snowed there... And omg 80-90% of the cars on the road were spinning out or sitting on the side of the road.... BTW it was maybe a INCH of snow!

Mr.350

Germantown is "out of the way" from the Metro. You'll have to drive ~6 miles to get to the Shady Grove Metro (or take a bus, which WMATA offers), which is at the end of the Red Line. Not horrible, but not walking distance for sure. Also, driving down 270 in the AM is a traffic disaster...but you're from Cali, traffic is just another on of those natural disasters for you guys :lol:

I still may be moving to Germantown as I have an offer out on a Condo that's a short sale. Just waiting for the approval.

Hit up here: http://www.wmata.com/rail/maps/map.cfm and click "Google Map" to get an idea of where the Red Line runs. Also type in Rockville, MD in Google Maps and you'll see the little "M" along Rt. 355 to see where the Metro stops are.

My suggestion - if she wants to walk to the Metro and live in MD, live somewhere along Rt 355 or somewhere near the metro stops.

Yeah...friggen stupid people in MD. I want to dump them all in NY or the Northeast for a winter :rolleyes:

that's good information right there! I'll look that up :spin:

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

ahhh i see, that's good to know!

Can i still be hellafrush there during summer time?

Fo Sho. Just be prepared for some mediocre roads in a bunch of places in MD.

I rocked my 18x8.5 Rotas all last winter (not hellaflush, but just trying to make a point) with my all season tires. It doesn't snow too much in MD, not enough to warrant winter tires.

• I Donated

Rust, you say? Having driven some older cars, I can tell you a bit about Maryland's effects on the integrity of cars.

My 1990 Legacy wagon that I had from January 2006 to August 2007 spent almost all of its life in MD, and had some pretty disastrous rust-through on the trailing edge of the left front fender, as well as surface rust on the liftgate, gas cap cover, edges of the rear doors, and probably a couple of other places I'm forgetting. My 1992 Infiniti G20 (which was garaged until 2005) had terrible rust-through on both front fenders and is starting to get some bad stuff on the rear edges of the rocker panels and in the rear wheel wells.

It's in great shape compared to most of the G20s of the same vintage I saw up in New England, though -- my brother's came from RI and there were holes in the rear quarter panels, rear wheel wells, front-seat floorboards, and fenders; the whole exhaust was so rusted that I had to throw out everything but the header primary; and there was plenty of other surface rust.

Newer cars are much better than ones from the early 90s when it comes to rust protection, but they will eventually rust. My LGT spent most of its life in NH (it was traded in up there earlier this year and made its way down to MD), and there is some rust on the exhaust and suspension, and very faint rust-colored discoloration on a couple of paint chips on the body.

With all this said, all US cars are identically rust-proofed. When you do see a salt-belt-localized recall, it's generally because a part was insufficiently rust-proofed on cars sold throughout the country, but it was only an issue on ones driven in the salt belt.

Archived