LegacyGT.com

Might be moving to MD....

Hanger

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am from Maryland for now, as is Roppongi Sho, Tsunami, HangMan, TheWeatherWarrior, The Grey Ghost, Crazy Ken (This is the guy to talk to about mods), LegacyGTBiggie (if you want to try gay sex, he will be looking for you). :lol:

As far as what is in MD versus California? Don't move here. California is where all the action and parts are. Might as well go there before that state falls into the Pacific (hopefully soon taking assholes with it and leaving the good people behind in safety).

Cars and car culture aside, I also live in Maryland. I must say I personally prefer the lifestyle of the east coast. Couldn't tell you why. I personally love Maryland, it can be a nice escape from the busy east coast city lifestyle, yet only a few hours away from NYC, Philly, Boston and a stones throw from DC.

Obviously, the weather is very different, Maryland has very pronounced seasons.

If you don't mind me asking, What area will she be moving too?

Depending on where you are, there is a LOT going on in MD (car culture wise).

The Mid-A has some of the fastest Subarus in the country in it, the auto-x culture can't be beat, you are a stones throw from one of the top tracks in the country (Summit Point).

Plus, you are a short drive from Washington DC, with LOADS of fun places to go and free stuff to do.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Not Hanger, we dont want the likes of you around here. ;)

I'm pretty sure there is going to be a night and day difference b/n the 2. Though if you are into going out on a friday/saturday, there is always something in D.C. Personally, I'm not a fan of the city though.

It would be a pretty big change, but still an overall nice area to be in. I couldnt imagine being anywhere else. Oh, and the humidity in the summer is some of the worst; you'll feel like you are breathing water.

We have some really friendly lgt.com members here.

HHOOOOHAAAAAAA Come on over Mike, we have a strong community FYI you cant be so hella flush out here... Rough roads and rougher winters. I grew up here but my love for cars, was grown and formed in San Diego love for Subarus honed in MD so the mix of the too and too many trips to hongkong well there you have it, There are lots of nice areas in md just pick wisely and you will be a happy Hanger...
Mr.350

Cars and car culture aside, I also live in Maryland. I must say I personally prefer the lifestyle of the east coast. Couldn't tell you why. I personally love Maryland, it can be a nice escape from the busy east coast city lifestyle, yet only a few hours away from NYC, Philly, Boston and a stones throw from DC.

Obviously, the weather is very different, Maryland has very pronounced seasons.

If you don't mind me asking, What area will she be moving too?

i'm not sure where we'll be staying, it'll be somewhere the rent isn't so high and the a good neighborhood near Washington DC. She started looking for jobs over there because she wants to be Fed. But for me, I'll be going back to college and get my BA degree.

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

I'm pretty sure there is going to be a night and day difference b/n the 2. Though if you are into going out on a friday/saturday, there is always something in D.C. Personally, I'm not a fan of the city though.

It would be a pretty big change, but still an overall nice area to be in. I couldnt imagine being anywhere else. Oh, and the humidity in the summer is some of the worst; you'll feel like you are breathing water.

lol i'm a really laid back and soft spoken Asian dude here. If there's some Asian populations there and some decent Asian food I guess that'll suffice.

Personally I'm not a fan of the city either, but yet I've spent 25 years of my life in one. I like the outdoors and the mountainous areas. Always imagined what it'd be like if i immigrated to Canada instead of the US 12 years ago.

Gawd... i hope the OT Mafia don't come hunt me down once i'm over there :lol:

○ ○ ○

Depending on where you are, there is a LOT going on in MD (car culture wise).

The Mid-A has some of the fastest Subarus in the country in it, the auto-x culture can't be beat, you are a stones throw from one of the top tracks in the country (Summit Point).

Plus, you are a short drive from Washington DC, with LOADS of fun places to go and free stuff to do.

That caught my attention right THERE!

○ ○ ○

lol... I'd imagine the humidity will be just like Taiwan... I just hope it's not as hot as Taiwan though... how's the weather over there?

○ ○ ○

As far as what is in MD versus California? Don't move here. California is where all the action and parts are. Might as well go there before that state falls into the Pacific (hopefully soon taking assholes with it and leaving the good people behind in safety).

THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!!! AHHHH!! :spin::spin:

○ ○ ○

HHOOOOHAAAAAAA Come on over Mike, we have a strong community FYI you cant be so hella flush out here... Rough roads and rougher winters. I grew up here but my love for cars, was grown and formed in San Diego love for Subarus honed in MD so the mix of the too and too many trips to hongkong well there you have it, There are lots of nice areas in md just pick wisely and you will be a happy Hanger...

Define "rough" in winter...

I'm just about going to pick up a new hella flush set of wheels my_luv ... :mad:

○ ○ ○

I'm in Md too.

last winter was pretty rough. we were due for it though. we haven't had a storm like that in years. typically we get a few inches here and there but nothing like what we had last year. ended up with 2 feet.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Right now its really nice out. About 80 degrees and sunny. Going to be nice all weekend too. Typical summer can be about mid-90s at the hottest (July/August), occasionally hits 100 a couple times a summer. Heat index can often approach 100 as well. Winter can usually get to low 20s, a few inches of snow here and there; every few winters we get dumped on (meaning 2ft+), which is what happened this past winter. Ice is also pretty common in the winter since we often hover around freezing.

There are definite seasons and there is no confusing them.

Tons of outdoor stuff and lots of parks. Great Falls park for example, small waterfall on the Potomac river; surrounded by a wooded area with plenty of trails.

Asian population aplenty. Maybe not like California, but there is a large population. I'd say Fairfax/Annandale Virginia have some of the largest populations.

The weather is quite nice in the spring and fall. As said before the summers are horribly humid.

for me that was the worst part about living in MD, i almost couldn't tolerate the summers cause they were so hot and humid. aside from that MD is alright, personally i wouldn't choose it over your current location. but you never know until you try.

there are a lot very good subaru garages and tuners in the MD/VA vicinity so you'll be set in that regard and also a good subaru following to go with it. surprisingly (to me at least) there is a lot of korean food in and around MD/VA, particularly in annandale VA, it's comparable to some korean places in socal.

if i were you i'd prob try and live in bethesda and your gf can take the metro in to dc. i like that area lot but it can be pricey cause it's sorta trendy. where are you looking to go to school?

or, you can just break up with your gf and move to canada like you always wanted to and join me and some other hoons up here, put that AWD to good use :lol:

That caught my attention right THERE!

Yep.

We lived in DC for a few years. Never a dull moment.

Wherever you locate, TRY to be within the DC metro area. If you are, the options for anything are limitless.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Right now its really nice out. About 80 degrees and sunny. Going to be nice all weekend too. Typical summer can be about mid-90s at the hottest (July/August), occasionally hits 100 a couple times a summer. Heat index can often approach 100 as well. Winter can usually get to low 20s, a few inches of snow here and there; every few winters we get dumped on (meaning 2ft+), which is what happened this past winter. Ice is also pretty common in the winter since we often hover around freezing.

There are definite seasons and there is no confusing them.

Tons of outdoor stuff and lots of parks. Great Falls park for example, small waterfall on the Potomac river; surrounded by a wooded area with plenty of trails.

Asian population aplenty. Maybe not like California, but there is a large population. I'd say Fairfax/Annandale Virginia have some of the largest populations.

WHAT! The winter here only gets to about 45degree, and that's the lowest I've seen in 12 years :eek:

○ ○ ○

Define "rough" in winter...

I'm just about going to pick up a new hella flush set of wheels my_luv ... :mad:

i was told, when i moved to MD that the winters were mild and nothing to chuff about. until we had the two absolutely epic snowstorms hit us last winter.

here's a picture of my deck after the first one:

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp181/katalyst112/P1030606.jpg

but don't worry, if you lived in canada; it'd be like that too :D

i was told, when i moved to MD that the winters were mild and nothing to chuff about. until we had the two absolutely epic snowstorms hit us last winter.

here's a picture of my deck after the first one:

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp181/katalyst112/P1030606.jpg

but don't worry, if you lived in canada; it'd be like that too :D

wow... that picture is sure nice to look at when it's 100 degrees out here. :D

○ ○ ○

Archived