LegacyGT.com

Might be moving to MD....

Hanger

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well they are not HORRIBLE. But don't expect super smooth roads like most in Cali are. There is just some roads prone to potholes, bumps, etc. just imperfections. My coilovers are on the edge of DD comfort and some dips/bumps are just ridiculous with the coils that stiff. (BC Racing BR series with stiff springs don't remember if its 6k/8k or 8k/10k fr/rr)

This is what I drive up to get to my house. roads are fine out by me!

BTW you can hit some pretty good speeds on this road;)

979020085_SnowStorm2010day1001.thumb.jpg.7a49ad9d59812a1785d21227e411c902.jpg

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Tons of great local scoob shops. AndrewTech, Turboxs, DPS, Agile Auto, Mach V, IAG,

Heres some snow shots from last years big storm

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/patrickdricci14/DSC_9450.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/patrickdricci14/DSC_9528.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/patrickdricci14/DSC_9598.jpg

These winters are a piece of cake compared to the north east. I used to wake up as a kid to well over a foot of snow and not think twice about having school. I think MD is nice, there are 2 major cities that are close. A lot of nice areas on the water and many many nice looking women :)

This is what I drive up to get to my house. roads are fine out by me!

BTW you can hit some pretty good speeds on this road;)

Is that pic of Rt 464? I used to live in Pt O Rocks

These winters are a piece of cake compared to the north east. I used to wake up as a kid to well over a foot of snow and not think twice about having school. I think MD is nice, there are 2 major cities that are close. A lot of nice areas on the water and many many nice looking women :)

I guess you forgot about the 3 feet of snow we had... :lol:

Bah, quit whining, it wasn't that bad.

The only bad part was shoveling your driveway all morning, and by the time you got to the bottom of the driveway, you had to shovel it again.

Or shoveling the drive, then leaving for work, coming home, only to find that the plows have stacked 3 feet of ice at the mouth of the driveway, so you have to chop THAT down just to get back inside.

I kind of wish that we had snow tires and no HOA. Then I wouldn't have even bothered shoveling the drive. Just plow through.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

um hello, have you ever had hard shell crabs ? md is the best. if you like to eat like i do its close enough to everything. plus a short plane ride will get you to nc or florida, weekend trips and shat like that. you can be in the virgin islands in about 5 hours, ior skiing in the vermont moutains in no time. such a great central place to live. for real.

• I Donated
Well they are not HORRIBLE. But don't expect super smooth roads like most in Cali are. There is just some roads prone to potholes, bumps, etc. just imperfections. My coilovers are on the edge of DD comfort and some dips/bumps are just ridiculous with the coils that stiff. (BC Racing BR series with stiff springs don't remember if its 6k/8k or 8k/10k fr/rr)

MD roads are smooth as glass compared to New England roads. Boston is awful, rural MA is awful, NH is awful. Coilovers on my old car that were bearable in MD were ridiculously harsh in Boston.

And you can't complain about the snow when you get at least one snow day every time to dig out.

Maryland is ok. Summer isn't that bad, although I grew up in TN and FL so summer there is a whole 'nother world. Winter snows a couple (2-4) inches every other week or so with a few larger snows mixed throughout. They do a really good job of plowing the roads at least in central and eastern Maryland, and salting alot so usually by mid-morning the road is mostly clear anyways. If you want something to do, go to DC or Baltimore (fells point or inner harbor or something). Or take a 15 dollar (or less) bus to NYC for a day / weekend whatever.

What do I do? Fly to FL as much as possible and spend time on a real beach.

OMG i just got back from ocean shitty. And while I agree(lauderdale by the sea) FL has better beaches, they are just too far away!

MD has a LOT in a little bit of space. One thing I love is that from Central md(metro DC) you can drive 30-40 monuites and get to DC or baltimore. Or 2 hours to the beach.

DC you have Addams morgan, georgetown and a few other areas like the national harbour.

Baltimore you have Fells point, inner harbour, canton, federal hill all as great drinking/ fun places.

Also come out to some meets.

how are the cops there? friendly?

Just got a ticket for a red light :( i told the officer I have a lot on my mind with the moving and all. He said:

"Well you shouldn't be driving, you should be home, Son!" No sympathy at all :mad:

Cops in MD depends where you are. Jsut remmeber going to court is your friend. No matter the ticket(more or less) you can normally end up with the Probation before Judgement wrap. No points and a reduced fine.

now Vaginia... Their cops are all DICKS. their courts are all strict. And in general you will want to stay as far out of VA as possible.

With the previous statements of redlight and speed cameras, get a decent radar detector. They will save your life on the (civil citations not tickets) of the speed cameras. Its just a hassle until you get to know where they are. And in Montgomery County(where most of us live) you have all the mobile units(vans with cameras, boxes that are moved) that can be tricky if you dont have some sort of early warning system.

As far as where in MD you end up going to. Try and pick a place with a easy commute. It just makes life that much easier. Dont want to live on opposite end of the beltway from her work.

Asiansins are all over md. So i wouldnt worry about that.

Also congrats to the GF getting in as a Fed if she did already. I got in earlier this year, and there is NOTHING liek it.

That is easy enough to spot. In MoCo. They have 5 foot huge silver boxes they hide behind trees. Or smaller ones that they hide everywhere. Then on CT ave they have little green boxes with Lidar(laser) and there are two sets(two cameras in each direction) so that you think your good and you speed up and bam there is another one.

The safe speed minivans are pretty hard to spot on roads cause they mix in with normal parked cars and just setup.

Archived