LegacyGT.com

Parts from other models/years that fit our 5th gen.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm interested in this as well. I happen to have my old axleback from my '08 WRX hanging in my garage.....

is it possible to get just the driver side muffler for an '08, and will it line up with the hangers. i'm mainly looking for a bolt on single exhaust or muffler.

Edited by CHUCKmfnNORRIS

Hi guys, I really really want to get the invidia n1 single exit exhaust ( I know, I'm twin exhaust, oh noo... sacrilege! ) but since there is no universal muffler only, the closest package is the one for the sti, and based from this thread, the y pipe section is identical, my question is:

What would I need to modify to make it work? Specifically, are the exhaust hangers the same or minor diff? And will the angle of the muffler tip fit the exhaust cutout of the bumper? Any input will be much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't see it posted here so:

Looks like the front brake pads from 2005-2009 are matches to 5th gen lgt's. Here's a couple of part numbers:

hps front HB533F.668

Centric Premium Ceramic 30110780

Centric posi quiet 10510780

Stoptech street perf 30910780

hps front HB533F.668

• 1 month later...

STI hangers are definitely different. WRX Sedan mufflers have hangers that are close to the same as the 2010 Legacies. They are not perfect, but they can be, ah, massaged to fit. STI mufflers, I imagine you need to re-do the hangers at a hanger shop, and I'm not sure that the flanges are the correct orientation.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.facebook.com/avoturboworld

So do these fit without modification or not? Some posts say yes, some say the mounts are in slightly different places. Any help would be much appreciated...

I would think they should fit. I have Megan axle backs for an 08+ WRX Sedan and they fit.

STI hangers are definitely different. WRX Sedan mufflers have hangers that are close to the same 010 Legacies. They are not perfect, but they can be, ah, massaged to fit. STI mufflers, I imagine you need to re-do the hangers at a hanger shop, and I'm not sure that the flanges are the correct orientation.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.facebook.com/avoturboworld

I'm not sure about the perfection of fit concerning the three cars. I had an invidia q300 dual exhaust on my 11 sti sedan that was off of a 2008 wrx sedan. It fit fine, I thought the difficulties was because of new hangers... Exact hanger placement might have been the cause... All rat said I assumed that If the 08 fit an 11, you would be able to reverse them to fit a BM lgt

I would think they should fit. I have Megan axle backs for an 08+ WRX Sedan and they fit.

i agree

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure about the perfection of fit concerning the three cars. I had an invidia q300 dual exhaust on my 11 sti sedan that was off of a 2008 wrx sedan. It fit fine, I thought the difficulties was because of new hangers... Exact hanger placement might have been the cause... All rat said I assumed that If the 08 fit an 11, you would be able to reverse them to fit a BM lgt

i agree

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

thanks for the reply, if that is the case, i guess i'm better off just buying the q300 to match my 3 inch invidia catless dp, save myself the trouble of forcing a single exit . . .

Didn't see it posted here so:

Looks like the front brake pads from 2005-2009 are matches to 5th gen lgt's. Here's a couple of part numbers:

hps front HB533F.668

hps front HB533F.668

i can confirm tho that project mu b-spec front pads ( F 916 ) fit the 2011

with no modification, according to the website it is the same application as the 4th gen.

but a follow-up question, are they the same? will big brake kits for a 4th gen fit the 5th gen? i plan to get ap racing or stop tech bbk's, just want to confirm fitment . . .

• 2 weeks later...
I just put on my 08+wrx sedan Perrin axlebacks on my 12 LGT today. The rear hangers do not fit correctly. The rear rubber mount is stretched just to reach the muffler mounted hanger. I am heading to the muffler shop tomorrow for them to massage/bend them to fit correctly. As is the drivers side muffler tip is tilted to the right of the bumper cutout.

I just put on my 08+wrx sedan Perrin axlebacks on my 12 LGT today. The rear hangers do not fit correctly. The rear rubber mount is stretched just to reach the muffler mounted hanger. I am heading to the muffler shop tomorrow for them to massage/bend them to fit correctly. As is the drivers side muffler tip is tilted to the right of the bumper cutout.

No doubt it's a tight fit. Others on the forum have been able to line up the tip using the wiggle room built in to the flange and using different holes in the hanger. Your muffler shop will probably make it hang with a little more finesse.

Use a lil force. My drivers side tilts inwards a bit so I bent the hanger to make it look better. Overal sound from them will deepen after a few hundred miles. Sounds more sporty than raspy, but since our cars have equal length headers and a diff turbo location the boxer rumble isn't as pronounced

Hope you enjoy them, I love mine.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
ok everyone is saying the 08+wrx exhaust axel back will fit on the new legacy's ..... but i want to know will a megan racing catback exhaust fit on a 2012 legacy 2.5i ??? i have the exhaust from my 09 impreza but haven been able to jack up the car to check it out yet

ok everyone is saying the 08+wrx exhaust axel back will fit on the new legacy's ..... but i want to know will a megan racing catback exhaust fit on a 2012 legacy 2.5i ??? i have the exhaust from my 09 impreza but haven been able to jack up the car to check it out yet

The mufflers should fit, but not the intermediate pipe.

The mufflers should fit, but not the intermediate pipe.

I wouldn't count on the mufflers from an aftermarket catback to bolt up to the stock stuff. More than likely some welding will need to be done to make it all fit right.

I wouldn't count on the mufflers from an aftermarket catback to bolt up to the stock stuff. More than likely some welding will need to be done to make it all fit right.

But if axle backs fit, why wouldn't the mufflers from a cat back system fit?

But if axle backs fit, why wouldn't the mufflers from a cat back system fit?

because the axleback portion of the Megan exhaust is designed to bolt up to their center pipe, not stock.

Invidia uses different flanges on their axlebacks than OEM, Borla has a slip-fit connection, etc. They're all kinda different in their own way.

because the axleback portion of the Megan exhaust is designed to bolt up to their center pipe, not stock.

Invidia uses different flanges on their axlebacks than OEM, Borla has a slip-fit connection, etc. They're all kinda different in their own way.

Yeah makes sense. Magnaflow uses the slip fit joints as well.