LegacyGT.com

N E one else getting bothered by ricers all the time?

I don't undertstand this at all. EVERYTIME i go anywhere on a high way I end up attrating a ricer for no real reason. i do not cut them off or do a fly by or revs or any gay stuff like that. all i have to do is get next to them or pass them by going like 10 more mph then them. my car is tinted but thats about it. i never had this problem with my previous car (which i would think would draw way more attention) the best part is even when i let them get the jump on me at around 70-80 i not only catch them in 2 secs but leave them behind like they are standing still so i slow back down to 75 and they come flying up like they actually caught me and either fly by or want to go at it again. i dont even bother. but sometimes they just ride next to me waiting an i have no choice to do it again and they react the same why excpet the 2nd time they fly by and keep going. i dont get it. anyone else having this problem? BTW: 3 out of 4 times it was civics

this was my previous car and i never had this problem. wtf is going on.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/vxcl/rim3.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/vxcl/rim5.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/vxcl/rim6.jpg

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Your last car wasn't a performance sedan. Ricers don't race Acuras unless its an Integra. The main reason is because its usually not idiots who respond everytime a Civic revs the engine who drives those cars. Now, the LGT has been in a few issues of various compact sport car magazines and ricers recognize it. They know they don't stand a chance, but everybody wants a shot at the title I guess... Everytime I take the bait and teach a ricer a lesson they always roll down their windows and tell me that they knew they'd lose, but they just wanted to see what my car could do. Its an odd way of showing respect for a car, but I guess that's the culture. The funny thing is that I never got revved on when I had my Integra. Maybe because it was a GSR or maybe because it was a sedan, but civics left me alone. Now those same cars are doing it all the time. I guess when you can't get a girl friend you have no choice other than going out and getting your weak 140 hp SOHC FWD ass handed to you by a sedan. lol

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

i was sitting at a light one time in my old car and a riced-out Nissan Pulsar :eek: pulls up next to me. i see him look over and say something to the girl in the passenger seat, then look over at me and he starts revving his engine - he had some fart-can muffler and the thing sounded like a lawnmower. i had a 928S4, big V8 with no mufflers, just 3" pipe exiting out a 5" megaphone. so i revved it - "BRAAAAAAAARR"! this car was not very loud at idle, but when you gave it some gas pedal, it "sounded like the gates of hell had been thrown open", to quote the exhaust manufacturer. it looked like the girl in the passenger seat saw a ghost! when the light turned green, we both slowly pulled away. :lol:

haven't been challenged in teh LGT yet, but i've only had it 5 days.

I've never really noticed. Open track Wednesday opened up here in Sacramento for the year. Sometimes I pass by it on my way home from work. I'll see if I get revved on by anybody.

My previous car was a stock, but lowered, 95 SE-R. Got revved on a couple times, but just ignored them.

Not really. If anything i have pretty much become invisible to most of them. I used to get it alot and it was EXTREMELY annoying. Its partially the reason i moved to the LGT fm this car. Very small part of the reason... :(

I've only been challenged by 1 car, a supra. Not that I seek them out, but I wonder if because I have the wagon. I've only had 2 challenges: a supra and an s4.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

i think one guy in a probe GT wanted to race me once.... but i turned off the road before he had a chance.

other than that -- never gotten any extra attention.... My last car was an Se-R SpecV and I was always getting revved at.

I got revved on by a riced out S2000 with some fart cans and a CAI. LOL....stock, he was probably a good match......but, he probably made the car slower by modding it. :D (I don't street race and was turning off anyways, so I didn't bother teaching him a lesson).

Your last car wasn't a performance sedan. Ricers don't race Acuras unless its an Integra. The main reason is because its usually not idiots who respond everytime a Civic revs the engine who drives those cars. Now, the LGT has been in a few issues of various compact sport car magazines and ricers recognize it. They know they don't stand a chance, but everybody wants a shot at the title I guess... Everytime I take the bait and teach a ricer a lesson they always roll down their windows and tell me that they knew they'd lose, but they just wanted to see what my car could do. Its an odd way of showing respect for a car, but I guess that's the culture. The funny thing is that I never got revved on when I had my Integra. Maybe because it was a GSR or maybe because it was a sedan, but civics left me alone. Now those same cars are doing it all the time. I guess when you can't get a girl friend you have no choice other than going out and getting your weak 140 hp SOHC FWD ass handed to you by a sedan. lol

OUCH!...The truth hurts I guess

I never had this problem, I only had 1 WRX that chased up to me while I was cruising at 75-80, I gave hime a thumbs up, he gave me a thumbs up back and then he took off WOT and must've hit 100-110+ how fast he took off and keep going. I didn't chase him, I like my drivers' license. :D

- Mike

seems like some of you have had the same experience. one of the main reason i sold the last car was to move up a notch on the class scale. i was hoping to be left alone with this car. oh well. now i have to get up/dp and maybe some headers asap to furhter annihilate them. i think i will put my air box resonator back in. they must seem to think i'm flooring it from the drone sound at certain rpms. can't have that.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Right now I'm in summer mode, so I have two 18-foot kayaks on top of my OBXT, and usually a bike or two and a dog beside me. No challenges, but once in a while it's fun to drop the hammer at a stop light and leave an Eclipse in the dust. (Not a big sports car area, so the Eclipse-types think they own the road.)

clean acura u had VXCL :)

although the LGT is still better :D

thanks.

deer killer i just have tint. i never plan on a wing. and i would love to have some 18" volks and a drop.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I have had my LGT for 2 weeks, no tint or exterior mods to really speak of, (other than debadging). I have come across one jerk after the next on the Ohio and Indiana Interstates, Ricers, an E46 Bimmer, 2 A4s, and an 04'-05' Accord Coupe. I used to enjoy that attention 10 years ago when I had a beat up Z28. Obviously now, I like my license too, and I take it easy. These days it seems 16 year olds push the envelope in primered up ricers, and the rich ones have cars twice as expensive as my LGT.

Case and point, the only challenge I was willing to take on (now that I am out of the break in period), was that Bimmer this weekend, the kid couldn't have been a day over 17. I got a nice view of his poorly fitted carbon fiber hood in my rear view mirror.

- "I've worked with better, but not many."

I had a Supra pull up behind me out of nowhere, sit on my bumper and turn on his high-beams while I'm on a twisting road and I'm already 10 over the limit. I ignored him. So he begins revving his engine. So I slowed down to 20. For some reason he just kept doing it until he pulled into his own driveway.

Some of these people have mental problem.

Archived